ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC for British Born Child - MN 1 - Help Please!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wilayatmalik
Newly Registered

BC for British Born Child - MN 1 - Help Please!

Post by wilayatmalik » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:05 pm

Hi all,

I just got my ILR a few days ago and now need to do British Nationality Application for my 12 month old child. I have a few questions and would be really grateful if anyone can please help:

- My child born in UK in April 2011. I never applied any UK Visa for her as we never traveled outside UK since then. Can I apply for my child's BC now without having any UK visa for her?

- Few questions from the Form MN 1:

, Q 1.3 - It ask for the date when the child was granted ILR. But my baby born here in UK and I never applied any UK visa for her? Does that mean I can not apply for her BC and need to go for her UK visa?

, Section 2 - It looks like this section is for children born abroad. Is that correct or do I need to provide the addresses for my baby for the last year?

, Section 3 & 4 - Looks like as my child is under 10 years old, I do not need to complete these sections?

, Section 5 - It is easy to find professional referees but a professional who is engaged with the child as a Teacher, Health Visitor, etc. is very difficult to find and people normally don't give referee details. How can this be resolved.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Kind Regards,
Wil

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: BC for British Born Child - MN 1 - Help Please!

Post by Jambo » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:37 pm

I suggest you read - FAQ - most common questions - Children.

wilayatmalik wrote:Can I apply for my child's BC now without having any UK visa for her?
Yes.
, Q 1.3 - It ask for the date when the child was granted ILR. But my baby born here in UK and I never applied any UK visa for her? Does that mean I can not apply for her BC and need to go for her UK visa?
The form asks "if and when". If not relevant, leave blank.

, Section 2 - It looks like this section is for children born abroad. Is that correct or do I need to provide the addresses for my baby for the last year?
Section 2 needs to be filled in. For 2.1 put date of birth and place.
, Section 3 & 4 - Looks like as my child is under 10 years old, I do not need to complete these sections?
Correct.
, Section 5 - It is easy to find professional referees but a professional who is engaged with the child as a Teacher, Health Visitor, etc. is very difficult to find and people normally don't give referee details. How can this be resolved.
Try the GP or Health visitor. Otherwise, use a professional referee. For young UK born children, the HO is not very strict on referees.

wilayatmalik
Newly Registered

Post by wilayatmalik » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:36 am

Hi Jambo,

Thank you very much for your help. It is really helpfull.

Thanks,
Wil

avtarjain1980

Refree Enquiry

Post by avtarjain1980 » Fri May 18, 2012 2:07 pm

Try the GP or Health visitor. Otherwise, use a professional referee. For young UK born children, the HO is not very strict on referees.
Hi Jumbo,
Today I have tried with GP at local surgery. She said we are excluded and can not provide reference. Called Homeoffice but phone line says if you have not submitted application, hangup and send email. I had already done email few weeks before - waiting email reply.

1) I am not sure if I should take chance with £550 or not.
2) Is there any alternative for 1st refrence.
3) Are there people on forum who did same in past
cheers
AVTAR

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Refree Enquiry

Post by Jambo » Fri May 18, 2012 3:16 pm

avtarjain1980 wrote:
Hi Jumbo,
Today I have tried with GP at local surgery. She said we are excluded and can not provide reference. Called Homeoffice but phone line says if you have not submitted application, hangup and send email. I had already done email few weeks before - waiting email reply.

1) I am not sure if I should take chance with £550 or not.
2) Is there any alternative for 1st refrence.
3) Are there people on forum who did same in past
You are not the first one to face this issue. There are many success stories on the forum. See one example - MN1 references. For UK born children applying under section 1(3), the application can't be refused because of references as the child has entitlement to BC. People even got approval without any references.

Just get a professional reference (one who is not engaged with the child but knows you). Should not be an issue.

avtarjain1980

Re: Refree Enquiry

Post by avtarjain1980 » Fri May 18, 2012 3:45 pm

Thank you very much Jumbo.
Help appriciated.

I went thorugh given URL and few more posts in forum. There are two more questions after reading other posts -

i) People have not mentioned if they have used NCS or Postal method

ii) It was mentioned at some places that NCS are bit strict with Refree. In some posts I found, People have called HO and NCS also called HO to clarify on this topic.

Q1) Is there any number to call HO? Number on HO website is not helpful.
Q2) Is there any COVER letter template where I can explain why refree is not available to NCS cum HO

I am doing these checkes to avoid any NCS issues [After: 1dayOff from JOB + 20Miles Drive + £50]
cheers
AVTAR

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri May 18, 2012 7:59 pm

You worry too much.

1) The number to call is the normal HO contact centre, you just need to wait. Too many people are calling to ask for updates on their application ;-)

2) No need for a long cover letter. Just state on page 13 that the GP refused to act as referee and as the child is young, there is no once else which professionally engage with the child so you have used other professional reference.

It will all be fine.