ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Work Permit - Employment Letter - which start date?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU
kumar17

ILR - Work Permit - Employment Letter - which start date?

Post by kumar17 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:04 am

PEO appointment at Liverpool booked in May 2012 and all documents ready. Should collect employment letter from HR in May. The only problem i can think of is
when i started work I can completed my course and work permit had been approved. Employer asked me to start work and I rushed to start. Turns out on the work permit letter, the UKBA state that the employee should not start work till the FLR has been granted. So effectively, I worked full time for 6weeks [student visa, completed course] before receiving work permit stamp in the passport. What date should my employment letter have - my actual start date or the work permit visa date?

In the last 8months, I have got [thanks to comments on the forum] the employer (it was not easy, i can assure you, but we got there) to submit technical change of employment notifications for change in company name, job title, pay, etc so that all match the current Tier 2 SOC Codes and all the criteria.

In all the employment letters, the start date quoted has been the start date with a student visa - so the UKBA will probably have that date on their computers anyway.

So for the PEO ILR visit, do I get the employment letter with the "student visa" start date or the actual work permit start date.
Could this be a problem? This is the one issue that is concerning me.
Help

Smam

Post by Smam » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:30 am

Hi

Well I can only advice you that you should take the employer letter with the start date of your WP and just mention them that I was Working for the same employer as Part time and fortunate enough i got the job and got the WP. That's all it didn't looks that of a big problem to me to be honest with you. Just explain the CW that they've updated their employment data base and the start date of my full time employment with my employer is after you got your WP. Just be confident they are not going to kill you for the change of employment date in the employer letter just be confident.

Please kindly keep us updated with your PEO experience.

Just a bit piece of advice dont try to get an appointment at Croydon. What I've read in the forum is most of the bad experiences happened to all the people at Croydon in this forum,for eg IT issues at Croydon and the things like that.

Good luck for your ILR.

kumar17

Post by kumar17 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:48 pm

Smam,

Thank you. My PEO is at Liverpool but i have not read many experiences from the Liverpool PEO.

I will ask for two letters - normal letter with something along the lines of "Kumar has worked for company XXXX under WP Ref XXXX since 29/05/2007. ....then the standard lines from the sticky on the forum relating to job title, SOC Code, pay, etc, etc.

Is this kind of OK?

I am on an old work permit and I will definitely keep the forum updated on how things go.-

Smam

Post by Smam » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:25 pm

Hi Mate

Just ask for one single letter the format is avail on this forum. Please dont ever do this mistake to get two different letters at all.

That's excellent that your PEO is at Liverpol.

Please do share your PEO experience on this forum.

Good luck for your ILR.