ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in uk after parents ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vsh

Child born in uk after parents ILR

Post by vsh » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:16 am

Hi all,
What is the next step for the child born after parents were granted ILR. Can i apply for passport straight or is there anything else i need to do before applying.
From reading the posts i get that my child is british by birth but my question is whats the next step?

Many thanks in advance

Regards

cricinfo

Re: Child born in uk after parents ILR

Post by cricinfo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:26 am

vsh wrote:Hi all,
What is the next step for the child born after parents were granted ILR. Can i apply for passport straight or is there anything else i need to do before applying.
From reading the posts i get that my child is british by birth but my question is whats the next step?

Many thanks in advance

Regards
You can apply for British passport directly for the child. Just pick up the form from post office and fill it up and send it to IPS along with your original passport and child's birth certificate.

vsh

Re: Child born in uk after parents ILR

Post by vsh » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:38 am

cricinfo wrote:
vsh wrote:Hi all,

Many thanks in advance

Regards
You can apply for British passport directly for the child. Just pick up the form from post office and fill it up and send it to IPS along with your original passport and child's birth certificate.
thanks

orbis2

Post by orbis2 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:10 am

Hi,

Do you know how long it will take to get the passport for the kid?

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:41 am

orbis2 wrote:Hi,

Normally it takes 2 - 3 weeks if you apply through post office

boloney

Post by boloney » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:56 pm

orbis2 wrote:Hi,

For my first child it was 5 working day for passport to arrive.
With second child there was some hassle about countersignee and it was about 2-3 weeks.

irfanb00

ILR, then Child UK PP and then myself

Post by irfanb00 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:48 pm

Dear Board,

I understand that we can apply for my child UK Passport immediately after my ILR.

Will I still have to wait for 1 year for my citizenship or any possibility for me to apply straight after my kids PP?

Thanks

boloney

Re: ILR, then Child UK PP and then myself

Post by boloney » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:09 pm

irfanb00 wrote:Dear Board,

I understand that we can apply for my child UK Passport immediately after my ILR.

Will I still have to wait for 1 year for my citizenship or any possibility for me to apply straight after my kids PP?

Thanks
You Have to wait, unless you are married to British Citizen.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: ILR, then Child UK PP and then myself

Post by Jambo » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:40 pm

irfanb00 wrote:I understand that we can apply for my child UK Passport immediately after my ILR.
This is true only if the child was born in the UK after your ILR. If he was born before, he will first need to apply to become a British Citizen before applying for a passport.

See Q1 in FAQ - most common questions - children.