ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

oct2011

Post by oct2011 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:29 am

VN one correction to the timelines..my elapsed time is now 23 weeks (as of 29th Mar 2012) . Kindly update.

Susan1228

Post by Susan1228 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:02 pm

oct2011 wrote:Well said antgod. You've expressed my thought exactly. I believe we've paid our dues having lived here for 5 years as Tier 1 immigrants and paying a high rate of tax with "no recourse to benefits". We've earned the right to the ILR and the least they could do is provide an efficient service, especially for the kind of fees charged. And no status-tracking system??...are we not in the 21st century and in the UK? But I agree with susan1228 that spamming the UKBA with emails and letters might actually hinder rather than help. As susan1228 has pointed out, applicants who have very specific reasons for requesting an expedite may be ignored among the vast number of requests to the UKBA. I think we're already seeing that happen, as it did seem late last year and earlier this year they were responding favourably to expedite requests and now seem to be ignoring them. And it seems like recent emails to "settlementopspolicy" seem to be met with either a standard response (moraa) and even no response (VN). I think we should leave those avenues open to people with a real need. My suggestions would be to write a formal complaint using the compliants procedure (bob-russell has already done this), start a signed petition and possibly write to the media. I think however (I know this to be true in my case) that some people would be worried about possible retaliation from the UKBA. I'm not sure what the best course of action is but it seems unfair to just allow this to happen.
Well said! Oct2011, That's just what I need to say. At the moment, we have to wait. I intend to have a holiday during 15/03 to 15/04 (never expect to wait so long), unfortunately, I have not received my visa yet. A new project will start tomorrow, and 2 more projects start at the beginning of next month, I will be very busy then, may need employ someone to help, it's impossible to have a short break before this Oct, how sad it is!

Hopefully everyone can get their ilr very soon.

Shuklac78
Newly Registered

Post by Shuklac78 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:37 pm

Hi,

Thanks for keeping the post alive. I finally received my ILR after 20 weeks on 20/2/12. Came from Liverpool. Sorry, i didnot post this message instantly. All the best for those still waiting, hope the wait is worthwhile.

Regards,
Shuklac78

Susan1228

Post by Susan1228 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:43 pm

Shuklac78 wrote:Hi,

Thanks for keeping the post alive. I finally received my ILR after 20 weeks on 20/2/12. Came from Liverpool. Sorry, i didnot post this message instantly. All the best for those still waiting, hope the wait is worthwhile.

Regards,
Shuklac78
Congratulations! Shuklac78, It seems that your information has been updated by VN in succeful group of Set (O) already.

Sara2012
Newly Registered

Post by Sara2012 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi guys!

Great to find this board and really glad people are very open and willing to help each other with information and advice.

I have applied for SET (M) on 5th of March. Already got my BRP letter last week and went to the post office on Saturday to enrol my biometric information. Done quick and easy.

I have to agree with certain people here that one should be ready for a wait when applying for ILR by post. UKBA clearly states 6 months waiting time and we all know what our status/place in this country is, and so this should be no surprise. But I guess that if we apply to stay, that means we're fine with it. Unfair yes, but it's our choice and decision not only to remain in here but also, to not pay more and get ILR sorted in couple of days.

I am surprised that people are planning holidays abroad not knowing whether they will have their passport at the time. And after all, it is our status that is being decided, whether we stay here or not, not something you can take for granted especially in this current anti-immigration climate. I have got all of my family abroad, including seriously ill sister and very old mother, but I have decided to stay and live here with my husband and when the time came to apply for permanent visa, we couldn't afford premium service so we set our mind to wait for as long as we have to. I pray my family will be OK, for their own sake, cuz if it comes to the point where I have to cancel my application just to travel to see them, then ILR will be the last of my worries... Holiday? Will plan one once I get my passport back and have that obligatory piece of puzzle fit in once and for all.

teluguabbayi
Newly Registered

Got my ILR finally

Post by teluguabbayi » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi friends..
I have got my ILR today..
Application type : Set (0)
Date applied : 13/10/2011
Acknowledgement letter received : 16/11/2011
ILR Stamped in Liverpool : 12/03/2012
Passport received : 02/04/2012.

I have sent myself addressed envolope with 1st class stamp, along with my application but that envelope has not been used and documents sent via 2nd class.
Thanks alot all of you,
Good Luck for all those waiting..
passport ek din zaroor aayega..
Regards,

Preacher

Post by Preacher » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:21 pm

Congratulations Shuklac78 and Teluguabbayi!
All the best for you!

oct2011

Post by oct2011 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:52 pm

Shuklac78 wrote:Hi,

Regards,
Shuklac78
Thanks for the update Shuklac78.

oct2011

Post by oct2011 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:00 pm

[quote="Susan1228
Well said! Oct2011, That's just what I need to say. At the moment, we have to wait. I intend to have a holiday during 15/03 to 15/04 (never expect to wait so long), unfortunately, I have not received my visa yet. A new project will start tomorrow, and 2 more projects start at the beginning of next month, I will be very busy then, may need employ someone to help, it's impossible to have a short break before this Oct, how sad it is!

Hopefully everyone can get their ilr very soon.[/quote]

Sorry to hear that Susan. We cancelled our tickets last Friday..our second cancellation. Not making the mistake this time of booking new dates..not till the passports are back. Hope you get your passport back and an opportunity for a holiday soon.

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Re: Received MP 's mail today

Post by Loveislovely » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:23 pm

Rithi wrote:I wrote one mail to my MP last 19th feb about speed up my application . she replied today. but i got my passport 28th march... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Rithi!

I am happy for you, how long did they kept your passport for?

Loveislovely
All for one, one for all..... Peace

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:42 pm

Sara2012 wrote:Hi guys!

Great to find this board and really glad people are very open and willing to help each other with information and advice.

I have applied for SET (M) on 5th of March. Already got my BRP letter last week and went to the post office on Saturday to enrol my biometric information. Done quick and easy.

I have to agree with certain people here that one should be ready for a wait when applying for ILR by post. UKBA clearly states 6 months waiting time and we all know what our status/place in this country is, and so this should be no surprise. But I guess that if we apply to stay, that means we're fine with it. Unfair yes, but it's our choice and decision not only to remain in here but also, to not pay more and get ILR sorted in couple of days.

I am surprised that people are planning holidays abroad not knowing whether they will have their passport at the time. And after all, it is our status that is being decided, whether we stay here or not, not something you can take for granted especially in this current anti-immigration climate. I have got all of my family abroad, including seriously ill sister and very old mother, but I have decided to stay and live here with my husband and when the time came to apply for permanent visa, we couldn't afford premium service so we set our mind to wait for as long as we have to. I pray my family will be OK, for their own sake, cuz if it comes to the point where I have to cancel my application just to travel to see them, then ILR will be the last of my worries... Holiday? Will plan one once I get my passport back and have that obligatory piece of puzzle fit in once and for all.

Hi Sara2012!

Have you read alot of the posts where people has applied via premium service, and end up waiting months? It is very unpreditable what may happen when dealing with the HO, you do have some valid points, and even though you say that you don't mind waiting, I am sure, you may just get frustrated after a few months, probably 3 months, we all try to be patient, but the human in us, causes us to be concern of what may be our fate, when dealing with the HO.

Loveislovely

Sara2012
Newly Registered

Post by Sara2012 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:07 am

Loveislovely wrote: Hi Sara2012!
Have you read alot of the posts where people has applied via premium service, and end up waiting months?
.... and even though you say that you don't mind waiting, I am sure, you may just get frustrated after a few months...

Loveislovely
I haven't read any such post. I assume they must have went there with incomplete documentation? And I hope they requested their money back, as they obviously haven't got what they paid for. I have read of plenty of cases though, where they got it in couple of days.

And yes I do mind waiting, I am just as human and I do not enjoy this. But I have prepared myself for it, will not let the situation rule my life or get me down. Should I have to visit my family before they send it back, and I hope it won't come to that, I'll request my passport back. But I definitely will not complain/ask/try to prove they should hurry up.

Never said it's wrong that one's fed up with waiting. I only think that planning holidays or sending complaints is not wise in this situation. It only makes that wait a proper nightmare and changes nothing. It also prolongs waiting time for all other applicants as the HO have more work to do. But I guess everyone is free to do whatever they like so don't get upset with my views. ;)
Thought I should share my thoughts with you guys and not just read what everyone else is posting.

Also, if this is the last bit of unfairness I will experience here as an immigrant, I will be more than happy with that. But I think there will be more to come. And if I can't hold my head up high and keep my cool, then the ILR is worthless to me...

Good luck to you all!
Cheers!

bump

Post by bump » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:02 am

Sara2012 wrote:
Have you read alot of the posts where people has applied via premium service, and end up waiting months?
.... and even though you say that you don't mind waiting, I am sure, you may just get frustrated after a few months...

Loveislovely
I haven't read any such post. I assume they must have went there with incomplete documentation? And I hope they requested their money back, as they obviously haven't got what they paid for. I have read of plenty of cases though, where they got it in couple of days.

And yes I do mind waiting, I am just as human and I do not enjoy this. But I have prepared myself for it, will not let the situation rule my life or get me down. Should I have to visit my family before they send it back, and I hope it won't come to that, I'll request my passport back. But I definitely will not complain/ask/try to prove they should hurry up.

Never said it's wrong that one's fed up with waiting. I only think that planning holidays or sending complaints is not wise in this situation. It only makes that wait a proper nightmare and changes nothing. It also prolongs waiting time for all other applicants as the HO have more work to do. But I guess everyone is free to do whatever they like so don't get upset with my views. ;)
Thought I should share my thoughts with you guys and not just read what everyone else is posting.

Also, if this is the last bit of unfairness I will experience here as an immigrant, I will be more than happy with that. But I think there will be more to come. And if I can't hold my head up high and keep my cool, then the ILR is worthless to me...

Good luck to you all!
Cheers!
thanks for sharing your thoughts. but unfortunately i cant think the same way.

oct2011

Post by oct2011 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:53 am

Checked with SET(O)ILR_JR about their status by private messsage (as they're at the top of the SET(O)JR waiting list), and they haven't received their passport(s) yet. Pretty depressing news as it looks like we're going past the 27 week mark now for this category.

VN

Post by VN » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:06 am

Sara2012 wrote:

Loveislovely

Good luck to you all!
Cheers!
It's nothing wrong with being an optimistic nature and accepting the things as they are... still, I don't agree that everything is fine the way it is...

It's one thing that one's status is being decided within 6 months or so, and it's completely different that while they decide on your fate, they also keep your passport and you become stuck in this whole situation without even given any update whatsoever.
People's jobs depend on travelling, family things happen, sad ones and happy ones and you miss them because you can't say sorry, wait a few more months (not sure how many) till I receive my passport back! And before you ask why this people didn't go through the premium service, the answer is - for various reasons, lack of funds, based on advise from their website that if you think that not everything is straightforward within your application is better to post it (which proves to be wrong advise in some case) and even because you can't predict what turn your life will take in the next 6 months. And then obviously, you are not guaranteed a positive outcome at the end. So after stressful 6 months some people may face even a more stressful time - 28 days to finish all your business here and leave.
So, yes, I think there are plenty of reasons to complain!
Also, there are plenty of cases on this forum when people pay premium, but because of no fault of the own, like IT issues at PEO at the time, need to wait the same amount of time like the rest of us. Refund? You must be kidding! They clearly say that they can't guarantee an outcome within 1 day, even if you pay for premium! So, sometimes just accepting things is not good and complaining about it is the least one can do!

VN

Post by VN » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:00 pm

Sara2012 wrote: I am surprised that people are planning holidays abroad not knowing whether they will have their passport at the time.

people book their holidays months in advance, sometimes even 6 months in advance (not an unreasonable time to believe you'll get the passports back) because they can't pay for expensive tickets at short notice

VN

Post by VN » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:01 pm

updated list so far!

SUCCESSFUL
Set M

luke79 - applied on 15/09/2011 - 16 weeks
invincible27 -applied on 20/10/2011 - 13 weeks
bazzy_1 applied on 03/11/2011 - 11 weeks
simbal applied on 18/11/2011 - 11 weeks
smz applied on 23/11/2011 - 11 weeks
doggles applied on 10/10/2011 - 17 weeks
kayaniii applied on 07/01/2012 – 6 weeks
Unfair applied on 28/11/2011 - 11 weeks
mai12 applied on 30/10/2011 - 16 weeks
ruthmac applied on 22/10/2011 - 19 weeks
jinky applied 19/10/2011 - 19 weeks
pymapp applied on 06/12/2011 - 12 weeks
thiru123 applied on 24/10/2011 - 18 weeks
Skymoon applied 08/12/2011 - 12 weeks
amsidk applied on 11/10/2011 - 21 weeks (passport received on 06/03/12, ILR stamped on 22/02/12)
chrisrich applied on 19/12/2011 - 11 weeks (passport received on 09/03/12, ILR stamped on 25/02/12)
zari83 applied 19/10/2011 - 20 weeks (passport received on 09/03/12, ILR stamped on 25/02/12)
Paperclip101 applied on 05/12/2011 - 13 weeks (passport received on 09/03/12, ILR stamped on 19/02/12)
gregos applied on 03/02/2012 VIA PEO - 5 weeks (passport received on 09/03/12, ILR stamped on 06/03/12)
polly_s applied on 22/12/2011 - 11 weeks (passport received on 09/03/12, ILR stamped on 25/02/12)
gid1818 applied on 21/11/2011 - 15 weeks (passport received on 10/03/12, ILR stamped on 24/02/12)
spot applied on 11/10/2011 - 21 weeks (passport received on 12/03/12, ILR stamped on 29/02/12)
bob-russell applied on 19/10/2011 - 20 weeks (passport received on 13/03/12, ILR stamped on 29/02/12)
boniface applied on 02/11/2011 - 19 weeks (passport received on 14/03/12, ILR stamped on 18/02/12)
gaku applied on 06/09/11 - 27 weeks
ShahG applied on 19/12/11 - 12 weeks (passport received on 15/03/12, ILR stamped on 11/02/12)
januaryilr applied on 19/01/12 – 8 weeks (passport received on 16/03/12, ILR stamped on 05/03/12)
tyro520 applied on 13/12/11 (Tu) - 14 weeks (passport received on 21/03/12, ILR stamped on 11/03/12)
SetMyasin applied 13/12/11 (Tu) - 14 weeks (passport picked up on 21/03/12, ILR stamped on 12/03/12)
sdwaitingidr on 02/12/11 (Fr) - 15 weeks (passport received on 22/03/12, ILR stamped on 04/03/12)
hiphop applied on 04/11/11 (Fr) - 20 weeks (passport received on 24/03/12, ILR stamped on 12/03/12)

Set O
lifeonhold applied on 08/08/2011 - 22 weeks
Rennie applied on 25/08/2011 - 19 weeks
totallylegit applied on 07/9/2011 - 19 weeks
victorlcb applied on 12/9/2011 - 18 weeks
SETO25Oct2011applied on 20/10/2011 - 12 weeks (after letter of expedite)
GSOTodd applied on 05/09/2011 - 19 weeks
albert11 applied on 10/09/2011 - 21 weeks
shuklap applied on 24/11/2011 - 11 weeks
2011ILR-2012 applied on 05/12/2011 - 9 weeks
ratish123 applied on 12/09/2011 - 22 weeks (sent expedite)
rjn360 applied 21/09/2011 - 22 weeks
cuncfbrk applied on 31/10/2011 - 16 weeks
mazuv applied on 28/09/2011 - 21 weeks
Money123 applied on 26/08/2011 - 25 weeks (ILR stamped Nov 2011, but went to old address, hence delay)
humtum76 applied on 14/11/2011 - 15 weeks
Dondanell applied on 25/10/2011 - 19 weeks
Shuklac78 applied on 15/09/11 (Th) - 20 weeks (received on 20/02/2012)
septILR applied on 24/09/2011 - 24 weeks
kumar81 applied on 12/12/2011 - 13 weeks (passport received on 14/03/12, ILR stamped on 02/03/12)
Saleeem applied on 6/01/2012 – 10 weeks (passport received on 21/03/12)
Rithi applied on 15/11/11 - 19 weeks (passport picked up on 24/03/12, ILR stamped on 08/03/12)
manishchaudhry applied on 16/11/11 - 18 weeks (passport received on 22/03/12, ILR stamped on 05/03/12)
teluguabbayi applied on 13/10/11 - 23 weeks (passport received on 02/04/12, ILR stamped on 12/03/12)

Set O JR
uyi.controller applied on 30/07/2011 - 23 weeks
p5004 appliedon 16/08/2011 - 19 weeks
TEDDY61 applied 19/08/2011 - 21 weeks
mollymaik applied on 20/08/2011 - 19 weeks
a-s applied on 22/08/2011 - 21 weeks
kollexy applied on 28/08/2011 - 17 weeks
Nemo2011 applied on 30/08/2011 - 19 weeks
I-L-R-2011 applied on 31/08/2011 - 20 weeks
Doubletrouble applied on 06/09/2011 - 20 weeks
abdul23 applied on 25/08/2011 - 22 weeks
kamicool applied on 18/08/2011 - 24 weeks
ishareef17 applied on 09/09/2011 - 21 weeks
liner2011 applied on 21/09/2011 - 21 weeks
superman555 applied on 23/09/2011 - 22 weeks
Waiting2011 applied on 24/10/2011 - 18 weeks
pirzadaz applied on 03/10/2011 - 22 weeks (passport received on 07/03/2012, ILR stamped on 22/02/2012)
drsk applied on 20/09/2011 - 24 weeks (passport received on 10/03/12, ILR stamped on 29/02/12)
skywalka applied on 04/10/11 - 23 weeks (passport received on 14/03/12, ILR stamped on 01/03/12)
gj6ab5657 applied on 28/09/2011 - 24 weeks (passport received on 14/03/12, ILR stamped on 28/02/12)

WAITING
SET M

speed120 applied on 04/08/11 (Th) - 33 weeks
Max applied on 12/12/11 (Mo) - 16 weeks
muzy applied on 23/12/11 (Fr) - 14 weeks
Zhimin applied on 24/12/11 (Sa) - 14 weeks
ineedhelpurgent applied 18/01/12 (We) – 11 weeks
ted7913 applied on 27/01/12 (Fr) - 9 weeks
R&F applied on 20/02/12 (Mo) - 6 weeks
planetman123 applied on 22/02/12 (We) – 6 weeks
Skirty applied 27/02/12 (Mo) – 5 weeks
Sara2012 applied on 05/03/12 (Mo) – 4 weeks

SET O
MiraclePrayer applied on 06/09/11 (Tu) - 30 weeks
Preacher applied on 31/10/11 (Mo) - 22 weeks
tushars applied on 01/11/11 (Tu) - 22 weeks
gvijaygadde applied on 11/11/11 (Fr) - 20 weeks
KVP51 applied on 21/11/11 (Mo) - 19 weeks
haidder applied on 26/11/11 (Sa) – 18 weeks
shortwait applied on 29/11/11 (Tu) - 18 weeks
aharar applied on 29/11/11 (Tu) - 18 weeks
antgod applied on 08/12/11 (Th) - 15 weeks
tannipartner applied on 27/12/11 (Tu) - 14 weeks
bump applied on 05/01/12 (Th) - 11 weeks
chikalo2006 applied on 14/01/12 (Sa) - 11 weeks
vik_2012 applied on 18/01/12 (We) – 11 weeks
youoz applied on 21/02/12 (Tu) – 6 weeks
oliverjohnson applied on 23/02/12 (Th) - 4 weeks
sekhar applied on 14/03/12 (We) – 3 weeks
mustang390 applied on 20/03/12 (Tu) – 2 week
RajuT applied on 22/03/12 (Th) - 1 week

SET O JR

SET(O)ILR_JR applied on 15/09/11 (Th) - 27 weeks
susan1228 applied on 07/10/11 (Fr) - 25 weeks
cagedhorse applied on 14/10/11 (Fr) - 24 weeks
moraa applied on 14/10/11 (Fr) - 24 weeks
onlyifiknew applied on 14/10/11 (Fr) - 24 weeks
oct2011 applied on 20/10/11 (Th) - 23 weeks
saiprabu111 applied on 24/10/11 (Mo) - 23 weeks
hsmpjr2011 applied on 04/11/11 (Fr) - 21 weeks
VN applied applied on 11/11/11 (Fr) – 20 weeks
the_onebd applied on 14/11/11 (Mo) - 20 weeks
kalpulli applied on 22/11/11 (Tu) - 19 weeks
khan42 applied on 24/11/11 (Th) - 18 weeks
waitingandwaiting applied on 01/12/11 (Th) – 17 weeks
BRP applied on 16/01/12 (Mo) - 11 weeks
hsmp2010 applied on 30/01/12 (Mo) - 9 weeks
msimran1 applied on 18/01/12, docs reached 3/2/12 (Fr) - 8 weeks

Successful for w/c 03/01/2012 - rennie, p5004, luke79, lifeonhold, kollexy
Successful for w/c 09/01/2012 - uyi.controller, mollymaik, teddy61,nemo2011
Successful for w/c 16/01/2012- totallylegit, victorlcb, a-s, SETO25Oct2011, invicible27
Successful for w/c 23/01/2012- I-L-R-2011, bazzy_1, GSTodd, doubletrouble,abdul23
Successful for w/c 30/01/2012 - kamicool, ishareef17.
Successful for w/c 06/02/2012 - simbal, smz, albert11, Shuklap, 2011ILR-2012
Successful for w/c 13/02/2012 -liner2011,doggles, Ratish123, kayanii, Unfair
Successful for w/c 20/02/2012- mai12, rjn360,cuncfbrk, mazuv, Shuklac78
Successful for w/c 27/02/2012- Money123, superman555, Waiting2011, ruthmac, humtum76, Dondanell, jinky, pymapp, thiru123, Skymoon.
Successful for w/c 05/03/2012 - pirzadaz, amsidk, chrisrich, Paperclip101, gregos, septILR , zari83, polly_s, drsk, gid1818
Successful for w/c 12/03/2012 - spot, bob-russell, skywalka, Kumar81, boniface, gj6ab5657, gaku, ShahG, januaryilr
Successful for w/c 19/03/2012 - tyro520, Saleeem, SetMyasin, sdwaitingidr, Rithi, manishchaudhry, hiphop
Successful for w/c 26/03/2012 -
Successful for w/c 02/04/2012 - teluguabbayi

VN

Post by VN » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:02 pm

oct2011 wrote:Checked with SET(O)ILR_JR about their status by private messsage (as they're at the top of the SET(O)JR waiting list), and they haven't received their passport(s) yet. Pretty depressing news as it looks like we're going past the 27 week mark now for this category.
not encouraging at all ((((

2ndclassC
Newly Registered

Post by 2ndclassC » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:20 pm

I know there is no method to the way the home office process our visas but do you all think that people who applied before the biometrics came in should have there visas processed first??? That they should get rid of the backlog??
Our is there just to much common sense there?

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:50 pm

VN wrote:
Sara2012 wrote:

Loveislovely

Good luck to you all!
Cheers!
It's nothing wrong with being an optimistic nature and accepting the things as they are... still, I don't agree that everything is fine the way it is...

It's one thing that one's status is being decided within 6 months or so, and it's completely different that while they decide on your fate, they also keep your passport and you become stuck in this whole situation without even given any update whatsoever.
People's jobs depend on travelling, family things happen, sad ones and happy ones and you miss them because you can't say sorry, wait a few more months (not sure how many) till I receive my passport back! And before you ask why this people didn't go through the premium service, the answer is - for various reasons, lack of funds, based on advise from their website that if you think that not everything is straightforward within your application is better to post it (which proves to be wrong advise in some case) and even because you can't predict what turn your life will take in the next 6 months. And then obviously, you are not guaranteed a positive outcome at the end. So after stressful 6 months some people may face even a more stressful time - 28 days to finish all your business here and leave.
So, yes, I think there are plenty of reasons to complain!
Also, there are plenty of cases on this forum when people pay premium, but because of no fault of the own, like IT issues at PEO at the time, need to wait the same amount of time like the rest of us. Refund? You must be kidding! They clearly say that they can't guarantee an outcome within 1 day, even if you pay for premium! So, sometimes just accepting things is not good and complaining about it is the least one can do!
I am in agreement with VN 100%, and I am incline to believe that Sara2012 is just pretending to be stronger than she is, I promise her, if she was to wait for an outcome of the application, say earliest 6 months, I can assure you that she will crack, she can talk as much, I do not buy her story, I think she is trying to impress, who? I am not sure. Unless she is super human, which she may well be, Sara2012, I wish you all the best, and hope you can give me some tips as to wait patiently, without any complaining, and not feeling like I wanted to complain or moan.

I am waiting for your advice......... patiently.
Loveislovely

youoz
Newly Registered

Post by youoz » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:50 pm

VN wrote:
Sara2012 wrote: I am surprised that people are planning holidays abroad not knowing whether they will have their passport at the time.

people book their holidays months in advance, sometimes even 6 months in advance (not an unreasonable time to believe you'll get the passports back) because they can't pay for expensive tickets at short notice
I know, and agree, we should all practice patience in life but there are times in life when it's mightily difficult to do ... this ILR process being one of them!!! Speaking for myself only now, I found myself being FORCED to do a postal application after having turned up at the PEO for my appointment to only be told that my case cannot be reviewed there and then and I must do a postal application. I was told that recent internal emails sent out within HO now means that cases where one has been out of the UK for more than 180 days in the last 5 years (even if it's all weekend trips and annual leave days set out neatly in a spreadsheet) is not a "simple case" and cannot be seen at a PEO. I see the HO website has yet to make this clear to all.

I have had a number friends (as recently as a month before me) go through the same process at a PEO (all with more than 180 days out of the country) and they were all successful and got their passports back that day. So yes, I thought I would have been seen at the PEO and had booked trips for later in May when my husband's folks come over and stay with us ... and travel with us (well, it may now be travel with him and not me :cry: ).

I am now considering pulling my application - I know this will mean I no longer have a visa but that's how drastic it is when your in-laws travel halfway around the world expecting to travel with you and not be able to!!! But I should be able to apply for a spousal visa (and reset the clock ticking again for citizenship!) but I need to go back to Oz to do that application which is more cost!!!

Does anyone actually know / can tell me how long it takes for your documents / passport to be sent back to you once it's been requested?

Also, if I was to request my passport be returned, I think I have 28 days to leave the country - but I would want to do our 2 planned trips with the in-laws before I fly back to Oz to do a spousal visa, does anyone know whether immigration will let me back in the country after travelling????

oct2011

Post by oct2011 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:11 pm

youoz wrote: I know, and agree, we should all practice patience in life but there are times in life when it's mightily difficult to do ... this ILR process being one of them!!! Speaking for myself only now, I found myself being FORCED to do a postal application after having turned up at the PEO for my appointment to only be told that my case cannot be reviewed there and then and I must do a postal application. I was told that recent internal emails sent out within HO now means that cases where one has been out of the UK for more than 180 days in the last 5 years (even if it's all weekend trips and annual leave days set out neatly in a spreadsheet) is not a "simple case" and cannot be seen at a PEO. I see the HO website has yet to make this clear to all.

I have had a number friends (as recently as a month before me) go through the same process at a PEO (all with more than 180 days out of the country) and they were all successful and got their passports back that day. So yes, I thought I would have been seen at the PEO and had booked trips for later in May when my husband's folks come over and stay with us ... and travel with us (well, it may now be travel with him and not me :cry: ).

I am now considering pulling my application - I know this will mean I no longer have a visa but that's how drastic it is when your in-laws travel halfway around the world expecting to travel with you and not be able to!!! But I should be able to apply for a spousal visa (and reset the clock ticking again for citizenship!) but I need to go back to Oz to do that application which is more cost!!!

Does anyone actually know / can tell me how long it takes for your documents / passport to be sent back to you once it's been requested?

Also, if I was to request my passport be returned, I think I have 28 days to leave the country - but I would want to do our 2 planned trips with the in-laws before I fly back to Oz to do a spousal visa, does anyone know whether immigration will let me back in the country after travelling????
I believe if you call the 0870 number there is some recorded information on how long it takes to get your documents back once you've requested them. I seem to remember it was something like 3 weeks but I could be wrong..I didn't pay much attention to that bit. I think it would be very risky to try to get back into the country without a valid visa...you would be at the mercy of the immigration officer there on the day and you can't know how that will go.

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:59 pm

Sara2012 wrote:

Loveislovely

Good luck to you all!
Cheers!
Hi Sara

Everyone is entitled their own views but should not judgemental as each one's case and circumstances are different.
My initial option was to go postal as premium was expensive but due to my nan's illness I had applied for premium application 7th march in person was given letter unable to decide same day due to further enquiries. I asked staff what reason because they did not ask additional documentation! was told due to technical reasons my file was on their live location and someone wud contact in 48 hrs.. Been almost month now no news... I have spent everyday with stress not knowing when they would send my passport and keeping fingers crossed for my nan...

Also for postal applications the timeline is 6 months but does not mean it has to be 6 months minimum to even look at each case
Application fees are increased every other year surely it is reasonable to n expect some decent service.

Sorry do not agree to your views....

Annie1989
Newly Registered

Post by Annie1989 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:43 pm

Sara2012 wrote:

Loveislovely

Good luck to you all!
Cheers!
its good to see someone having such views , we are often considered a soft target and that is part of the problem , no were in the world you would be expected to wait 3 - 4 or 6 months to get a visa , even if it is a ILR especially if they are charging you an exorbitant fee for it , i agree they will be having plenty of applications but for the fee they charge they should hire enough personnel to deal with it in a reasonable time scale ,

Everyone has a right to complain whether they are a citizen or not it doesnt matter.

oct2011

Post by oct2011 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:32 am

So it looks like apart from teluguabbayi no one else has received good news this week? I was really hoping for a push from UKBA to get as many passports out as possible before the easter break. Damn! What is up with the 2 week delay between ILR stamp date and actually posting the passport? I'd bet that most of the Oct 2011 ones are done and are just awaiting posting.