ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

not completing National Insurance Number

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tonny
Newly Registered

not completing National Insurance Number

Post by tonny » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:25 pm

Hey All,

One of my friends has been in this country as a student for 5years now. she completed her Msc in Feb 2010 and has all documents needed to apply a Psw.

During all the years she is been able to get a student visa without giving her N.I number, despite her working over 20 hrs.
She is planning to apply for Psw without giving her N.I number just as she's been doing with her student visa.

The question is-
1. Will she get her Psw without giving her National insurance number?
2. Can H/O find out she is been working more hours without giving her N.I number?
3. is it mandatory to fill in this details?. she is afraid to give out the details as she is been working between 18- 35hrs per week.

Thanks.

askhan

Post by askhan » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:12 pm

well a matter of fact, NI has nothing to do with HO these both dept are totally seperated. But if home want to check they can do any thing. make sure she wont attach any bank statemts, in which salry comes.

well if she is filling form from last 5 years then give a try again, in worst case they wont reject they will send a query. wish her best of luck,.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:49 pm

I am sure there is a question asking if the applicant has breached UK immgration rules previously. This has to be answered honestly, and no one on this board will advise otherwise, because we would be advising someone how to break the law.

vinata

Post by vinata » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:40 pm

The HO will find out that she has a NI even if she doesn't disclose it in her application. They now have an access to the Inland Revenue database and can check all the income the person claims he/she has earned.

I would advice to disclose her NI in the application anyway and then see what happens. If she doesn't, it is highly likely that the HO would suspect the wrongdoing. It was very silly of her to carry on working over 20 hpw. There is a great chance of refusal now because everything is computerised these days. But keep fingers crossed.

gryphon

Re: not completing National Insurance Number

Post by gryphon » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:36 pm

tonny wrote:Hey All,

One of my friends has been in this country as a student for 5years now. she completed her Msc in Feb 2010 and has all documents needed to apply a Psw.

During all the years she is been able to get a student visa without giving her N.I number, despite her working over 20 hrs.
She is planning to apply for Psw without giving her N.I number just as she's been doing with her student visa.

The question is-
1. Will she get her Psw without giving her National insurance number?
2. Can H/O find out she is been working more hours without giving her N.I number?
3. is it mandatory to fill in this details?. she is afraid to give out the details as she is been working between 18- 35hrs per week.

Thanks.
Did she get her psw without putting the NI number in the application form?
Gryphon

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:03 pm

And if they find out, they may treat it as "false deception" which will lead to a 10 years ban from UK! And potentially EU and British Commonwealth countries because they share common database. :cry:

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:42 pm

I would advise to Write down the ni number. They use this to check if you have used benefits with DWP. HMRC does not know how many hours you work. They only know how much tax you pay and from where. This information is in a format of tax payed per year which makes it near impossible to tell if the person has been working over 20hrs a week.

On the other hand if you do not write it down your application might be refused for non-disclosure of material information.

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:38 pm

quantum1 wrote:I would advise to Write down the ni number. They use this to check if you have used benefits with DWP. HMRC does not know how many hours you work. They only know how much tax you pay and from where. This information is in a format of tax payed per year which makes it near impossible to tell if the person has been working over 20hrs a week.

On the other hand if you do not write it down your application might be refused for non-disclosure of material information.
I didn't put in my application because I didn't have it in hand and also the form said "if known". So I thought its better not to put in a wrong number in there. It's not that I was trying to hide anything. I've worked for 8 hrs a week at my Uni as a TA only during my PhD. I hope they don't treat it that badly. Moreover, the top of the application said in complete details in that section may lead to a delay in processing not to say that they will refuse it like they mentioned for other sections. It doesn't indicate that they will refuse it. That being said, they can refuse for many reason that we might not be able to foresee. Just pray for me guys. I hope it works out. I just omitted it to avoid a mistake. Also looking at the form it appeared to me that it seems to put it only if you surely know it. Let's see what happens. Do pray for me and wish me luck. Pls share your opinion. Thanks a lot.
Gryphon

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:33 pm

I think the fact that you did not put this number is not bad on its own.

If they find out about work, this is what is bad.

It looks like you're not burden to the state of any sort, so you deserve to get visa. However, UKBA is not always that wise. But don't worry too much, there is an appeal in any case. I don't think they would treat you as false deception.

Hchintala
Newly Registered

Post by Hchintala » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:09 am

@gryphon
I recently applied for psw from India and a similar thing happened to me.basically I didn't have my n.I with me
so, I entered the number I remember I was almost right but instead of 4 I entered 8 that makes a wrong N.I
I manually changed it before applying but vfs staff wouldn't accept it .so I had no choice rather than rebooking the appointment which I wasn't willing to so, I applied with the wrong n.I but the same day I emailed ukba about the mistake and gave them the right n.I
Ukba in India after 2 days replied me that they have noted the info and added it to my file.
So, I would advise you to contact them some how and give them you n.I as they might see it as deception hope this helps