ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW on ACCA Fundamental Papers

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:12 pm

The point you are missing is that the rules state the requirement to be certain qualifications not just the policy guidance. The rules set out which qualifications meet the requirements and it doesn't state degrees or equivalent qualifications meet

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:48 pm

Greenie, it looks like there are some people who are desperate to get PSW by any means possible.

I think this strategy could very easily lead to false deception and ban of 10 years.

Maybe I'm wrong but it looks very much like it.
Last edited by JohnM on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Noman83

Post by Noman83 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:58 pm

JohnM wrote:Greenie, it looks like this topic was started to exploit some people who are desperate to get PSW. You pay money now, then this visa is closed and if you're refused, your problem.

I think this strategy could very easily lead to false deception and ban of 10 years. So, I think the main difference between you and the person you are arguing with, for me, is that you're real solicitor, and they are not (money money).

Maybe I'm wrong but it looks very much like it. This is just my personal opinion, it may be wrong. I don't claim to know everything based on several messages on this forum but it feels like it.

My friend i think you should also know that there is a law which probates you from putting baseless allegations /accusations .and if you go through my posts u will note i have been completley PROFESSIONAL and using sensible language (if you are indicating me ) and also i have been discussing this issue which is very specific to me as a matter of discussion bcoz am myself in this position

Yes am desperate to get this visa coz i think i have earned it and PAID for it i dont knw of others but am working in a reputed CA firm which has offered me a 20 k job if i work as right now am part time (Chartered Accountants) and they have also offered me a workpermit and i do fullfill the requirements of workpermit as am working for them more then 6 mnths (as per ukba requirements) and i have almost completed my ACCA (3 to go) and i have 3 years experience in the relevant field but why shud i go for workpermit when i can get the visa which i have PAID for and for your comment on desperate for money am very offended . My profession is all about trust and reputation and i think u have somehow intentionaly or non intentionally damage it .these are all dangerous venoms you are harvesting against yourself so better think before you speak please as your statment can be used against you in any court of law

PSW WORRIES

re

Post by PSW WORRIES » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:10 pm

Noman83 wrote:
JohnM wrote:Greenie, it looks like this topic was started to exploit some people who are desperate to get PSW. You pay money now, then this visa is closed and if you're refused, your problem.

I think this strategy could very easily lead to false deception and ban of 10 years. So, I think the main difference between you and the person you are arguing with, for me, is that you're real solicitor, and they are not (money money).

Maybe I'm wrong but it looks very much like it. This is just my personal opinion, it may be wrong. I don't claim to know everything based on several messages on this forum but it feels like it.

My friend i think you should also know that there is a law which probates you from putting baseless allegations /accusations .and if you go through my posts u will note i have been completley PROFESSIONAL and using sensible language (if you are indicating me ) and also i have been discussing this issue which is very specific to me as a matter of discussion bcoz am myself in this position

Yes am desperate to get this visa coz i think i have earned it and PAID for it i dont knw of others but am working in a reputed CA firm which has offered me a 20 k job if i work as right now am part time (Chartered Accountants) and they have also offered me a workpermit and i do fullfill the requirements of workpermit as am working for them more then 6 mnths (as per ukba requirements) and i have almost completed my ACCA (3 to go) and i have 3 years experience in the relevant field but why shud i go for workpermit when i can get the visa which i have PAID for and for your comment on desperate for money am very offended . My profession is all about trust and reputation and i think u have somehow intentionaly or non intentionally damage it .these are all dangerous venoms you are harvesting against yourself so better think before you speak please as your statment can be used against you in any court of law

Code: Select all

My friend, the fact that you work part time with a CA firm doesnt make u a part qualified Chartered Accountant. Even when u qualify , you will be an affiliate and subsequently a  certified accountant and not chartered accountant. Please note, there is A  big difference in the 2 terms.

My advice to you is: If u dont have your oxford brookes degree, do not waste your resources by going for the PSW. Since your CA firm has offered you a work permit, please go for it. 

Greenie  is not getting paid for the honest advice he has been dishing out, on record, through his advice, lots of people have been succesful with their applications.

Whatever he has said here, he said it with your interest @ heart.

Noman83

Re: re

Post by Noman83 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:28 pm

PSW WORRIES wrote:
Noman83 wrote:

Code: Select all

My friend, the fact that you work part time with a CA firm doesnt make u a part qualified Chartered Accountant. Even when u qualify , you will be an affiliate and subsequently a  certified accountant and not chartered accountant. Please note, there is A  big difference in the 2 terms.

My advice to you is: If u dont have your oxford brookes degree, do not waste your resources by going for the PSW. Since your CA firm has offered you a work permit, please go for it. 

Greenie  is not getting paid for the honest advice he has been dishing out, on record, through his advice, lots of people have been succesful with their applications.

Whatever he has said here, he said it with your interest @ heart.
Well am happy u have done your research before writing down your thoughts but am disappointed that you havent done enough .in my previous post i stated i have three years experience so to put your records straight i will be an ACCA MEMBER not an affiliate

i know i wont be a CA but did i say i will be a CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT ? i never mentioned this i only said i am working in a CA firm and you shud have guessed tht i will certainly go after CA after ACCA as i will only have to give CA 2 papers with a case study

i do appreciate that greenie is giving v good advices and i was having a v good discussion with Greenie but i dont agree with greenie and its my right of opinion which i dont allow people to influence but i dnt have any idea where did you come from and started dictating your self made assumptions if you dont agree with me fair enough but I will fight this legal battle in the court of law and i belive the court should be the competent authority to decide about it not you

PSW WORRIES

re

Post by PSW WORRIES » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:51 pm

Hey Mate, I did not do any lousy research, I am also a part qualified ACCA , with my P4 and P7 to go, besides that I am a CA from my own country.

I am telling u that that i have been in this business longer than you and PSW via ACCA fundamentals just will not work. I want to plead with you to stop giving fellow student members false hopes that will lead no where.

I did not just come from anywhere, I am a member of this forum, a more senior member than you, by virtue of my posts and contributions.

The members in this forum give advice based on precedents and case laws which most times is pasted as links in this forum.

If you know of any case that has been won or know of people who have been granted PSW visas due to their fundamental papers, please kindly show us here and if you cannot, please close your case.

Not all students have the luxury of working more than 20 hours in order to fund appeals and pay lawyers. You are lucky the UKBA has not caught up with you for working beyond 20 hours.

Noman83

Re: re

Post by Noman83 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:21 pm

PSW WORRIES wrote:Hey Mate, I did not do any lousy research, I am also a part qualified ACCA , with my P4 and P7 to go, besides that I am a CA from my own country.

I am telling u that that i have been in this business longer than you and PSW via ACCA fundamentals just will not work. I want to plead with you to stop giving fellow student members false hopes that will lead no where.

I did not just come from anywhere, I am a member of this forum, a more senior member than you, by virtue of my posts and contributions.

The members in this forum give advice based on precedents and case laws which most times is pasted as links in this forum.

If you know of any case that has been won or know of people who have been granted PSW visas due to their fundamental papers, please kindly show us here and if you cannot, please close your case.

Not all students have the luxury of working more than 20 hours in order to fund appeals and pay lawyers. You are lucky the UKBA has not caught up with you for working beyond 20 hours.
Good for you if you are a senior member of this forum . i am not convincing anyone or trying to misguide nyone I AM JUST DISCUSSING THIS ISSUE and obviously it is risky and whoever wants to go for it will have to decide it themself rather its gud for them or not and for your comment that am lucky UKBA has not caught me working more than 20 hours I AM WORKING PART TIME THAT MEANS 2.5 days ( 8 hours day) and i bet if anyone can prove i have ever worked illegally or even if i have ever done anything illegal

i appreciate you are concerned for students finances BUT MY FAMILY IS FINANCING MY CASE NOT me and yeah am lucky that half of my family is british and dont face same pro as do other international students but again if you dont have money will you stop eating ?? nyways am closing this off and if you dont mind give me ur email id i will forward you the original judgement of the same case as i dont know how to attach it over here thanks

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:36 pm

Not all students have the luxury of working more than 20 hours in order to fund appeals and pay lawyers.
Exactly. That's why I would not advice trying to get PSW for ACCA.
i appreciate you are concerned for students finances BUT MY FAMILY IS FINANCING MY CASE NOT me and yeah am lucky that half of my family is british
You know there is a proverb - We are not so rich to buy cheap things. I think it's totally appropriate in case of ACCA-PSW.

I did not have a single relative in this country, however, I would never consider trying to get PSW after ACCA. You can get 10 years ban simply for false representation/deception.

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:38 pm

My friend i think you should also know that there is a law which probates you from putting baseless allegations /accusations
I am not your friend. Why did you decide that I refer to you? I said "some people". There was no accusation of anyone. Why did you decide that you're in this group of people is a mystery to me.

Noman83

Post by Noman83 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:40 pm

JohnM wrote:
Not all students have the luxury of working more than 20 hours in order to fund appeals and pay lawyers.
Exactly. That's why I would not advice trying to get PSW for ACCA.
i appreciate you are concerned for students finances BUT MY FAMILY IS FINANCING MY CASE NOT me and yeah am lucky that half of my family is british
You know there is a proverb - We are not so rich to buy cheap things. I think it's totally appropriate in case of ACCA-PSW.

I did not have a single relative in this country, however, I would never consider trying to get PSW after ACCA. You can get 10 years ban simply for false representation/deception.

i have told again and again that i am discussing so dnt put words in my mouth i am taking this risk but everyone shud decide themselves have you heard of adil raja case in this regard?

Noman83

Post by Noman83 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:42 pm

JohnM wrote:
My friend i think you should also know that there is a law which probates you from putting baseless allegations /accusations
I am not your friend. Why did you decide that I refer to you? I said "some people". There was no accusation of anyone. Why did you decide that you're in this group of people is a mystery to me.
well i also said if you are indicating me and you said in ur post that PPL HAVE STARTED THIS TOPIC etc i am the one who started this particular topic

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:52 pm

I apologize for this definition. I edited my message. I did not mean you personally. I don't know you and have no idea what your intention. I confused your topic with different topic.

Anyway, I said my opinion about ACCA-PSW already. Good luck! :)
Last edited by JohnM on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:56 pm

Noman83

Post by Noman83 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:23 pm

JohnM wrote:I apologize for this definition. I edited my message. I did not mean you personally. I don't know you and have no idea what your intention. I confused your topic with different topic.

Its alrite John and thanks for your wishes

my email id is justnoman@hotmail.com incase if anyone wants the copy of judgement given in Adil Raja Case V Secretary of the State on 19th November 2010

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:42 pm

Noman83 wrote:
JohnM wrote:I apologize for this definition. I edited my message. I did not mean you personally. I don't know you and have no idea what your intention. I confused your topic with different topic.

my email id is justnoman@hotmail.com incase if anyone wants the copy of judgement given in Adil Raja Case V Secretary of the State on 19th November 2010
Adil Raja Case V Secretary of the State was the exception rather than the rule. Have a look at this opinion piece from a firm with significant experience representing migrants in appeals.

http://www.mulberryfinch.com/blog/post- ... fications/

So unfortunately, there’s little hope in trying to clambour aboard the sinking ship of the Post-Study Work visa with professional qualifications. You might get a sympathetic judge or an heretical caseworker, of course; but most of us would rather not pin our colours to such an improbable mast.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:23 am

Noman83 wrote:

So long ago........ Possibly applied before Pankina and the Home Office's reaction to it by incorporating the points requirements in the rules!

Thehappyone
Newly Registered

Post by Thehappyone » Wed May 02, 2012 12:47 am

My close friend was granted PSW visa solely based on ACCA alone without having to go through the appeal process. He submitted his fundamental and profession ACCA completion certificates, a letter for the UK institutionn were he studied for his ACCA, an equivalence letter from ACCA and bank statement showing proof of funds for 90 days. His visa was granted in less than 6 weeks and he received his BRP and documents back in the post. I witnessed him send out his psw application so I can definitely say for sure that PSW has been granted with ACCA alone without any degree from oxfor brookes.

Dipendra
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by Dipendra » Sat May 05, 2012 10:41 am

Thehappyone wrote:My close friend was granted PSW visa solely based on ACCA alone without having to go through the appeal process. He submitted his fundamental and profession ACCA completion certificates, a letter for the UK institutionn were he studied for his ACCA, an equivalence letter from ACCA and bank statement showing proof of funds for 90 days. His visa was granted in less than 6 weeks and he received his BRP and documents back in the post. I witnessed him send out his psw application so I can definitely say for sure that PSW has been granted with ACCA alone without any degree from oxfor brookes.
wow good news... thehappyone can you please put some more detail about the success that your friend got,, it will really be helpful to all of us who applied for the PSW on the basis of ACCA.

Thehappyone
Newly Registered

Post by Thehappyone » Sun May 06, 2012 6:58 pm

@Dipendra
my friend has completed all his ACCA exams just like me last June which would be June 2011. He applied for his psw in the last week of November 2011 as his visa was running out then and sent in the following documents:

1) Completed psw application form with his card details for his account to be debited

2) A letter from the college where he studied for his ACCA stating that he studied his ACCA courses there

3) A bank statement in his name showing the balance of £800 for the period of 90 days

4) ACCA certificate of the fundamental stage completion (F1-F9)

5) ACCA certificate of the professional stage completion (P1-P3, P5 and P4)

6) An equivalence letter from ACCA stating that completion of the fundmental papers was equivalent to a UK undergraduate degree and completion of the professional papers was equivalent to a UK masters degree

He did not attach any cover letter or take part in the oxford brooke scheme.

He got his acknowledgement letter 7 days after he sent in his application through royal mail special delivery, he was invited to do his biometrics 7 days after he received his acknowledgement letter, his documents were posted out to him before christmas and he received his BRP card in the first week of January 2012.

I have also applied for my psw using my ACCA and the exact documents he attached in the first week of March, I have given my biometrics and I'm still awaiting my documents and BRP from HO. In case mine has to go to appeal, I will be using a lawyer and my friend (he is a close family friend) has gladly agreed to testify in court stating that he was issued with a psw using his ACCA which the judge might find unfair as the HO could be seen by the judge to be cherry picking when it comes to the case of issuing psw with ACCA.

I am yet to hear of anyone who got refused after an appeal, so please make sure you fight your case if it ends up going on appeal.

PS: please ignore the person who says using ACCA could be viewed as deception as he/she is very ignorant. Deception will only occur if the documents are forged, you're providing false information to the HO, or your institution is a dodgy one.

malik5805
BANNED

Post by malik5805 » Mon May 07, 2012 1:09 pm

Thehappyone wrote:@Dipendra
my friend has completed all his ACCA exams just like me last June which would be June 2011. He applied for his psw in the last week of November 2011 as his visa was running out then and sent in the following documents:

1) Completed psw application form with his card details for his account to be debited

2) A letter from the college where he studied for his ACCA stating that he studied his ACCA courses there

3) A bank statement in his name showing the balance of £800 for the period of 90 days

4) ACCA certificate of the fundamental stage completion (F1-F9)

5) ACCA certificate of the professional stage completion (P1-P3, P5 and P4)

6) An equivalence letter from ACCA stating that completion of the fundmental papers was equivalent to a UK undergraduate degree and completion of the professional papers was equivalent to a UK masters degree

He did not attach any cover letter or take part in the oxford brooke scheme.

He got his acknowledgement letter 7 days after he sent in his application through royal mail special delivery, he was invited to do his biometrics 7 days after he received his acknowledgement letter, his documents were posted out to him before christmas and he received his BRP card in the first week of January 2012.

I have also applied for my psw using my ACCA and the exact documents he attached in the first week of March, I have given my biometrics and I'm still awaiting my documents and BRP from HO. In case mine has to go to appeal, I will be using a lawyer and my friend (he is a close family friend) has gladly agreed to testify in court stating that he was issued with a psw using his ACCA which the judge might find unfair as the HO could be seen by the judge to be cherry picking when it comes to the case of issuing psw with ACCA.

I am yet to hear of anyone who got refused after an appeal, so please make sure you fight your case if it ends up going on appeal.

PS: please ignore the person who says using ACCA could be viewed as deception as he/she is very ignorant. Deception will only occur if the documents are forged, you're providing false information to the HO, or your institution is a dodgy one.
Thanks for your reply..
i have also applied in march and i have to give my fingerprints next week.. i have also attached the same documents as your friends attached except for professional level certificate because i am not qualified yet..but i have attached fundamental level certificate..will it be problem for me...
reagrds

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Mon May 07, 2012 1:45 pm

I had also applied on the basis of fundamentals level and provided all the documents that your friend did Plus UK Naric and a covering letter explaining the ACCA merits and giving references of allowed appeals but still my application was refused. You might be right in saying that they are cherry picking but I personally think that the policy guidance is not clear enough for them to make the right and just decision and it is completely at the hands of case worker to allow or refuse an application.

I've lodged my appeal in February and had my hearing last week. Now waiting for the decision. Fingers crossed...xxx

Thehappyone
Newly Registered

Post by Thehappyone » Mon May 07, 2012 10:12 pm

[quote="King_Khan"]I had also applied on the basis of fundamentals level and provided all the documents that your friend did Plus UK Naric and a covering letter explaining the ACCA merits and giving references of allowed appeals but still my application was refused. You might be right in saying that they are cherry picking but I personally think that the policy guidance is not clear enough for them to make the right and just decision and it is completely at the hands of case worker to allow or refuse an application.

I've lodged my appeal in February and had my hearing last week. Now waiting for the decision. Fingers crossed...xxx[/quote]

Did you use a lawyer for your appeal? How did you argue your case during your appeal hearing?

simqa
Newly Registered

Appeal refused

Post by simqa » Wed May 30, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi there my appeal have been refused in Acca basis did any one just got his appeal approved recently plz contact me I need ur help urgent
Thanks

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:42 am

Hi Simqa,
Did you appealed through a solicitor or did it by yourself. Can you tell if it was a paper/oral hearing. And if you hired a solicitor,who was it?

simqa
Newly Registered

Post by simqa » Thu May 31, 2012 10:44 am

Hi ya I did solicitor had oral hearing
It's in east ham
If u knew any 1 plz help