ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport withdrawal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mdani
Newly Registered

Passport withdrawal

Post by mdani » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:11 am

Hello,

I have applied for wokpermit extension in Sept and then applied for FLR(IED) in Oct first week, I haven't still got my passport back with new stamp. please can you advice how long should I wait before I withdraw passport? as I have to go to india in second week of Dec.

What is the procedure for withdrawal and how long does it take?

what if I withdraw my passport and the application is withdrawn and my visa has already expired by the time I receive my passport after withdrawal? will I have any problem at airport while gong to India.

Please advice!

Thanks
Mahesh

mdani
Newly Registered

Post by mdani » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:41 pm

please do advice me on this.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:05 pm

It depends whether you are going for good back to India or just for your holidays.

If you are going back to India for good, then when you withdraw your passport, ask for a letter from the HO detailing the reasons for the delay in processing your FLR(IED).

mdani
Newly Registered

Post by mdani » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:15 pm

No I am not going for good, I am going for 3 weeks family event. I am planning to come back in Jan sometime.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:15 pm

for how long is your current visa valid upto?

mdani
Newly Registered

Post by mdani » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:27 pm

my visa is expiring in this month. I will have re-apply for WP from my home country. but my problem at the moment to have info like how long does it take to withdraw passport? will I face any problem at airport as application is withdrawn as well as visa has expired? how long can I stay after receiving passport with withdrawn application? etc. Place can you advice?

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:42 pm

If you are questioned about the expired visa on your exit from the UK, just tell them the truth i.e. you had to withdraw an application because of your travel plans and keep some evidence of this application with you.

It is very unlikely that you will be questioned by anyone, but just in case you are, do the above and I suspect you will be fine.

mdani
Newly Registered

Post by mdani » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:04 pm

Hello Smit,
thanks for your adivce. I will keep some sort of evidance with me.

but still I am very eager to know time required to withdraw application and get passport back delivered. does any body has idea about it?

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:37 pm

Sorry, as far as I know, there are no published timelines for the return of documents, how fast your docs come back to you depends on your luck.

Best thing would be to keep calling IND to confirm that your docs have been sent back and ask for a Royal Mail tracking mumber which will tell you that your docs have been posted back to you and you can track them with the number.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:40 am

The preferable thing would be to notify them of your travel plans so the residence permit issuance is expedited. Trying to obtain a visa appointment over the Christmas period when the British Diplomatic Posts are closed for near enough the last week/week and a half of December and the first week of January is a risk that may have implications were such not to be available.

mdani
Newly Registered

Post by mdani » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:52 am

Hello Kayalami,

what exactly do I need to do to notify them about my travel plans?
what is mean by the "residence permit issuance is expedited"? is this a kind of document they will issue? if so what is the procedure to obtain this. please do advice.

Thanks & Regards
Mahesh

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:27 pm

1. Fax them details of the trip to include e-itinerary/ tickets as applicable as well as why it is essential.

2. I mean that if you do 1 they may speed up the processing of your application - the approval results in a residence permit sticker/ vignette in your passport.

mdani
Newly Registered

Post by mdani » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:41 am

this urgency treatment request is made on 6th Nov, my company made it.

mdani
Newly Registered

Received passport

Post by mdani » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:33 pm

Hello All,
Thanks for advice and suggestions
following is the summarry of my experience.

1) if you submit your application through some agent please follow up the agent for application submission date and get the scanned copy of acknowledgement letter that WP office sends.

2) you can't convert your postal FLR(IED) application to Crydon PEO internally, you need to withdraw and then apply for Crydon PEO primium service only if your current Leave status is valid after withdrawal.

3) Drop mail to customer care their response is good, I found very help ful. do call them up if required, they are very helpful.

4) I called them up in the morning saying I am worried about the status, the found out the status for me, then I called up inthe evening and application was processed and awaiting for dispatch. and in next 2 days I received the passport.

Regards
Mahesh