ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

canadian immigration process seem to be taking too long.

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bekky
Newly Registered

canadian immigration process seem to be taking too long.

Post by bekky » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:59 pm

My husband applied for the Canadian migration Program in year 2000.
We got married 2003, He updated them with my profile 2004.
We updated them with the arrival of our new born baby 2005
We were asked to go for medical in January 2006 but our baby's medical letter was not included. I was asked to go for further medical test in May 2006. Which i did.
We did not receive any update, so we decided to write them in September, they told us our baby's letter has been sent which we are yet to recieve.

Our worry is that the medical result last just for a year, we are almost running out of the year without any response from them.

Please how can we get them to speed up the processing.

The program seem not to be transparent as you do not know, what is actually going on, unlike the UK hsmp.

Thanks for you advice

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:43 pm

Bekky,

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to speed up the process but to sit and wait.

Your visa would be issued to the validity of the expiry of your medicals (i.e. when it reached the CIC office). There are some few circumstances where the visa is issued beyond the medical expiry date. You still have some months left so just wait till you receive your baby's medicals and undertake that ASAP. If your medicals expire whilst the process is going on, unfortunately they can ask you to undergo another medical test. It is not a fair world but what can you do? Sometimes the background check is what causes the delay and also the number of applicants at the visa office at which you applied.

I would suggest you order your CAIPS file for now and check what is going on but you can also wait and pray that you receive your baby's medical forms soon and then passport request later on this year.

All thhe best.
Praise The Lord!!!!

bekky
Newly Registered

Post by bekky » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:15 am

thank you so much for the candid advice. I am about to order the capfile.

Thanks

AC77
Newly Registered

Post by AC77 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:18 pm

How do you apply for your Caps file?

I applied for Canada immigration in Feb 2002 from new delhi india, but currently i am based in the UK.

bekky
Newly Registered

Post by bekky » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:12 pm

Finally my baby's medical form came in Nov 3, we have carried it us and other requested information has been sent across to them on the 7th. We are hoping for the best.

You can go to www.caipshelp.com to order the caips file.
I did not have to do that for now since an update came in from them..

Regards.

Abiola
Newly Registered

Post by Abiola » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:05 pm

i applied for permanent residence in 2002. i have not heard from them since 2003 when i was given a file number. i have written them a couple of times yet no reply. Does anyone know how to tacle this?
I am thinking of travelling to Ghana but do not know whether it will help.
please speak anyone..

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:28 pm

At which visa post did you apply?

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:49 am

Kayalami,
I think it is Accra, Ghana. I can deduce that from her post and also the name sounds more Nigerian (of which the visa post is Accra).

Unfortunately, the wait times for Accra is around 50-60 months so you have a few more years to count!
Praise The Lord!!!!

Abiola
Newly Registered

Post by Abiola » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:45 pm

Thanks jes2jes,it's Accra , Ghana and I am Nigerian.
I tried to check my details on their site and the status is...In Process.
That process is taking too long.
My other problem is that the fees appear to have been reviewed upwards,do you think i should pay the difference? Or keep waiting...
Does anyone have information on this?
Please speak anyone..

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:04 pm

Abiola wrote:
My other problem is that the fees appear to have been reviewed upwards,do you think i should pay the difference? Or keep waiting...
You do not have to pay any difference. At the time of application I believe you paid what was then the current fees. If the fees changed a day after your application reached them and they accepted it you do not have to do anything since you met the requirements.
Tell me, if you bought a car from the dealer for 10 Naira and the next day you passed by the dealer, the price had risen to 15 Naira, would you go and pay the difference? :shock:

I tried to check my details on their site and the status is...In Process.
That process is taking too long.
I am afraid this would not change until you have done the medicals. In some offices, the status does not change until you have landed.

Just chill out and continue with your life as if you did not apply - go to school to earn some more degrees, get some more work experience, get married if not already, have some kids if not any yet, enjoy life and be happy. Do not put your life on hold because anything at all can happen with the process.

All the best.
Praise The Lord!!!!

bekky
Newly Registered

Post by bekky » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:52 am

finally, we have been contacted to come for our visa issuance Which will be for the 3 of us i.e my husband the principal applicant
myself (wife)
my child.

I have this question.
Is it possible to leave the baby back in our country for a year to allow us settle down in canada then come back for him to join us even after the visa issuance for him.
I am asking this question because i do not know whether this decisicion might affect us negatively.

Please what can we do about this?

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:51 am

Bekky,
congratulations.
I am afraid you all have to land. After landing you can take the baby back to nigeria and leave him there for a year, The only thing that will be affected will be the time you apply for citizenship thats if you want everyone to apply together.
IF you guys apply for citizenship when you have spent 3 years in canada, you child automatically becomes elligble to apply for a passport I think.
I dont think it should be too complicated.

I have a question of my own? how did it take for you to get your passport request from the time you did your baby's medical.

Cos i was in the same shoe as you actually and my son did his medicals in August and we are yet to receive any news from them.
Though i saw the E-cas has changed to medicals received and our medicals will expire in february.
\Also did you do the process yourself or you used an agent?
My bow has been renewed

bekky
Newly Registered

Post by bekky » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:23 am

Thank you so much,
I have a question of my own? how did it take for you to get your passport request from the time you did your baby's medical

We were given the go ahead for our baby's medical Nov 3 2006 and we also received the passport request Nov 28 2006.

My husband and i did the medical January 10th.

Intially we started the process with an agent but the whole process became extra slow because the agent does not forward the correspondence on time so we change the addressed online and wrote them requesting that our address be changed.

Since them we started handling it ourselves.

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:01 pm

yipee,

my agent just emailed me, passport request is here.
finally!!!! please whats the passport size
My bow has been renewed

bekky
Newly Registered

Post by bekky » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:47 am

Here is the passport size.
4 passport photographs, with white background , with measurements: 25mm and 35mm ( 1" and 1 3/4") from chin to crown; and

have a 35 mm x 45 mm ( 1 3/8" x 1 3/4") finished size.
:D

bekky
Newly Registered

Post by bekky » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:32 pm

Canada oooo canada,
We finally went to Ghana to collect our visa on the 18-Dec-06 but we were told we have only up till 10Jan07to land in canada but we were contacted Dec 01 06 to come for the visa.

We were given two option to either go for another round of medical or land by 10Jan07.

To us this is a huge suprise but we have decide to land,

My question is can we come back to our country after staying for 1month for us to make proper arrangement for the final migration.

Will this have any adverse impact on us?

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:25 pm

My question is can we come back to our country after staying for 1month for us to make proper arrangement for the final migration.

Will this have any adverse impact on us
Bekky, let me congratulate you for your PR approval and receipt of visa. You took the best option since the medical cost can equate to the travelling cost anyway but this also depends on your circumstances.

I will advise you travel after the 3rd of January 07 to avoid the high cost of travelling during the peak season.

You can come back the next day and this would not have any effect on you. Just make sure the whole family completes the landing procedure (note that the principal applicant has to land first or all of you at the same time but you cannot land without the principal applicant assuming you are not the PA) and you will be fine. You need to give them an address to mail the PR Card to. Most people (from the US & Europe) land and return the next day and their family or friends mail them their cards later. The downside to this method is that, if CIC wants you to retake your photos, you would have to go back to CND for this and it will cost more. I believe the timeline for PR issuance is between 4-6 weeks but it can come through earlier than that.

I believe you guys would be fine after a month and you can come back. Just make sure you have your PR Cards or your relatives can mail them back to you in Nigeria.

All the best for your future in Canada and I am happy for you and your family. God bless.
Praise The Lord!!!!

bekky
Newly Registered

My family finally landed

Post by bekky » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:39 pm

Thanks to every member of this forum.
We finally landed 8th January 07 and it was a wonderful experience, everyone we met were very pleasant towards us. We enjoyed our stay though it was very very cold for us coming from the sub sharan part of Africa.

Myself and my baby returned back home while my husband stayed behind. We are planning to return to canada after five months (June) to stay .
Please will this have any adverse effect on our PR status i mean staying outside canada for that long?

jes2jes

Re: My family finally landed

Post by jes2jes » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:25 pm

bekky wrote:Thanks to every member of this forum.
We finally landed 8th January 07 and it was a wonderful experience, everyone we met were very pleasant towards us. We enjoyed our stay though it was very very cold for us coming from the sub sharan part of Africa.

Myself and my baby returned back home while my husband stayed behind. We are planning to return to canada after five months (June) to stay .
Please will this have any adverse effect on our PR status i mean staying outside canada for that long?
Congrats on your landing.

And to your question, the answer is NO. You can stay outside CA up until 3 years I think. I think you would have to spend 2 years in Canada within every 5 years to maintain PR status but check the paper work they gave you, it might be there. 5 months is fine. You can stay a year if you want to. :roll:
Praise The Lord!!!!