ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complaint about unfair interview

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nolia
Newly Registered

Complaint about unfair interview

Post by nolia » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:22 pm

How do we lodge a complaint if you feel really hard done by??

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:22 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:08 am

As you mention interview are you talking about citizenship or passport?

If it is for a passport you would complain to the IPS rather than UKBA

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:13 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nolia
Newly Registered

Post by nolia » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:14 am

friendinneed wrote:As you mention interview are you talking about citizenship or passport?

passport my friendinneed. I was literally patronised when the questions were being asked....

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:27 am

Complaints process is http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/agencies-p ... passports/

TBH, I am not expecting much from them when we go through it.

Experience with any division of the Home Office has never been great but ultimately gotten what we wanted out the end of it so accept it.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:08 am

I had my passport interview yesterday which took approximately 25 mins. TBH, I never expected that they are going to ask me so many questions but they litterly asked me everything about my family to past life in UK

imranb

Post by imranb » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:09 am

nolia wrote:
friendinneed wrote:As you mention interview are you talking about citizenship or passport?

passport my friendinneed. I was literally patronised when the questions were being asked....
If you don't mind, can you please share your experience briefly. Just that it might help people who are planning to go through the same process in the coming future. If not, that's alright, I can understand you might not want to get into the details. Thanks.

nolia
Newly Registered

Post by nolia » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:50 am

If you don't mind, can you please share your experience briefly. Just that it might help people who are planning to go through the same process in the coming future. If not, that's alright, I can understand you might not want to get into the details. Thanks.
I told her i am working and she responded in a really patronising way "oh do you now?" asking me about my future travel plans etc, and how did I travel to the office? how far the registrar is from the mall? This has nothing to do with identifying me etc. How many times does one have to ask you what modules you are doing at university?? I answered question and I was asked the same thing down the line, I thought to myself are you really trying to catch me out? I was there for 45min....... TBH when we leave things pending and not complain about your experiences they will continue giving people hard times when not necessary. I have started drafting my letter and will post today. I don't object having interviews if it is to protect us from ID theft but sometimes when questions start coming which have nothing to do with identifying you then that I object!!

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:53 am

nolia wrote:I told her i am working and she responded in a really patronising way "oh do you now?" asking me about my future travel plans etc, and how did I travel to the office? how far the registrar is from the mall? This has nothing to do with identifying me etc. How many times does one have to ask you what modules you are doing at university?? I answered question and I was asked the same thing down the line, I thought to myself are you really trying to catch me out? I was there for 45min....... TBH when we leave things pending and not complain about your experiences they will continue giving people hard times when not necessary. I have started drafting my letter and will post today. I don't object having interviews if it is to protect us from ID theft but sometimes when questions start coming which have nothing to do with identifying you then that I object!!
Can you please advise which IPS office you had your interview in ?

nolia
Newly Registered

Post by nolia » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:19 am

cricinfo wrote:
nolia wrote:I told her i am working and she responded in a really patronising way "oh do you now?" asking me about my future travel plans etc, and how did I travel to the office? how far the registrar is from the mall? This has nothing to do with identifying me etc. How many times does one have to ask you what modules you are doing at university?? I answered question and I was asked the same thing down the line, I thought to myself are you really trying to catch me out? I was there for 45min....... TBH when we leave things pending and not complain about your experiences they will continue giving people hard times when not necessary. I have started drafting my letter and will post today. I don't object having interviews if it is to protect us from ID theft but sometimes when questions start coming which have nothing to do with identifying you then that I object!!
luton

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:25 am

I told her i am working and she responded in a really patronising way "oh do you now?" asking me about my future travel plans etc, and how did I travel to the office? how far the registrar is from the mall? This has nothing to do with identifying me etc. How many times does one have to ask you what modules you are doing at university?? I answered question and I was asked the same thing down the line, I thought to myself are you really trying to catch me out? I was there for 45min....... TBH when we leave things pending and not complain about your experiences they will continue giving people hard times when not necessary. I have started drafting my letter and will post today. I don't object having interviews if it is to protect us from ID theft but sometimes when questions start coming which have nothing to do with identifying you then that I object!!

What a shame really... I guess you are right you can definatly show your concerns if you think you get hard done...

It might be also be a good idea to share the whole experience in detail on this forum so that others who are going can prepare for such questions and answer them on the face

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:54 am

nolia wrote:
cricinfo wrote:
luton
I had mine in luton as well yesterday and she asked me quite personal questions. My interview lasted about 25 mins in which she litterly asked everything.

nolia
Newly Registered

Post by nolia » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:00 am

cricinfo wrote:
nolia wrote:
cricinfo wrote:
luton

I had mine in luton as well yesterday and she asked me quite personal questions. My interview lasted about 25 mins in which she litterly asked everything.
you were lucky, due to data protection act i cant personally identify the person. i know the name. I wouldn't be surprised if she were to ask me when was last time i got laid!!

nolia
Newly Registered

Post by nolia » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:01 am

ric1982 wrote:

What a shame really... I guess you are right you can definatly show your concerns if you think you get hard done...

It might be also be a good idea to share the whole experience in detail on this forum so that others who are going can prepare for such questions and answer them on the face
Will try and do so, need to draft the process, somethings i will skip

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:21 am

She didn't mention anything after the interview so how can i find out if everything went ok ?

nolia
Newly Registered

Post by nolia » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:34 am

cricinfo wrote:She didn't mention anything after the interview so how can i find out if everything went ok ?
well thats what happened to me. she was just abrupt!! interview is finished you can go.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:43 am

nolia wrote:
cricinfo wrote:She didn't mention anything after the interview so how can i find out if everything went ok ?
well thats what happened to me. she was just abrupt!! interview is finished you can go.
I have just requested an update from IPS on their passport tracking link. If i get any update then i will update you and then you can do the same thing

nolia
Newly Registered

Post by nolia » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:26 pm

cricinfo wrote:
nolia wrote:
I have just requested an update from IPS on their passport tracking link. If i get any update then i will update you and then you can do the same thing
thanks mate, i was actually thinking of calling them

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:28 pm

nolia wrote:
cricinfo wrote:
nolia wrote:
Please let me know if you get any update.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:37 pm

nolia wrote:
cricinfo wrote:
nolia wrote:
Just to let you know that i just received an email from IPS that my passport was printed on 03/04/12 and i should receive it within 4 - 5 working days.

blacksta

Post by blacksta » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:47 pm

Case Closed :D

nolia
Newly Registered

Post by nolia » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:59 pm

cricinfo wrote:
nolia wrote:
cricinfo wrote:
nolia wrote: well thats what happened to me. she was just abrupt!! interview is finished you can go.
Just to let you know that i just received an email from IPS that my passport was printed on 03/04/12 and i should receive it within 4 - 5 working days.
sent a request update will wait for update and will let know. How long did they take to respond roughly?

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:02 pm

nolia wrote: sent a request update will wait for update and will let know. How long did they take to respond roughly?
I sent the request around 12 and got reply at 14.26. Normally they give you response within 4 hours

rashidawan
Newly Registered

Post by rashidawan » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:04 pm

cricinfo wrote:
nolia wrote: sent a request update will wait for update and will let know. How long did they take to respond roughly?
I sent the request around 12 and got reply at 14.26. Normally they give you response within 4 hours
I requested an update as well. Last time they got back to me in around 3 hours.

Mine interview was only this morning. Not sure how quickly they update their status.