ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement after PSW??

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

prettylashes
Newly Registered

Settlement after PSW??

Post by prettylashes » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:11 am

Hi again all,

I posted previously about my PSW application which thankfully was granted. I'm looking ahead now and was wondering if the 10 year settlement thing counts? I get various responses from people and its getting more and more confusing!

I came here in 2003, 3 months after I turned 16 on a student visa, I've been on said visa up until March this year when I was granted PSW till March 2014. On Sept 1st 2013, I would have been here for 10 years.

My question is can I go on apply for ILR? Is it really an automatic thing? I've never been in trouble with the law. In case it might help the case, I should mention that apart from me being a minor when I came here, I've only been out of the country about 4 times so far, my sisters (3) all live here and are British, my nephews, nieces etc are here, my cousins etc are here and the only family back home are my parents (who studied here and moved back in the 80's but still visit every year).

What are my chances?

Thanks in advance!!

bobobo

Re: Settlement after PSW??

Post by bobobo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:54 pm

Well if there are no changes made to the Immigration rules then you may have a chance to apply for ILR using the 10 year long residency rule, however the Govt is eyeing this scheme and will take measures to make things difficult, so just wait and watch.
prettylashes wrote:Hi again all,

I posted previously about my PSW application which thankfully was granted. I'm looking ahead now and was wondering if the 10 year settlement thing counts? I get various responses from people and its getting more and more confusing!

I came here in 2003, 3 months after I turned 16 on a student visa, I've been on said visa up until March this year when I was granted PSW till March 2014. On Sept 1st 2013, I would have been here for 10 years.

My question is can I go on apply for ILR? Is it really an automatic thing? I've never been in trouble with the law. In case it might help the case, I should mention that apart from me being a minor when I came here, I've only been out of the country about 4 times so far, my sisters (3) all live here and are British, my nephews, nieces etc are here, my cousins etc are here and the only family back home are my parents (who studied here and moved back in the 80's but still visit every year).

What are my chances?

Thanks in advance!!

help4uk
BANNED

Post by help4uk » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:04 pm

Go Back to Your Country We dnt want you in UK facing immgrant

I dont know what you are moaning about. You paid money and were given a degree from a globally recognised university. GB does not owe you a living.
I am happy that finally steps are being taken to reduce influx of people coming and getting jobs in UK, when there are more than 1 Million jobless youth here. I dont see what the problem is, you were not promised a job and a British passport after your degree were you???

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:09 pm

help4uk wrote:Go Back to Your Country We dnt want you in UK facing immgrant

I dont know what you are moaning about. You paid money and were given a degree from a globally recognised university. GB does not owe you a living.
I am happy that finally steps are being taken to reduce influx of people coming and getting jobs in UK, when there are more than 1 Million jobless youth here. I dont see what the problem is, you were not promised a job and a British passport after your degree were you???
troll

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:37 pm

Well if there are no changes made to the Immigration rules then you may have a chance to apply for ILR using the 10 year long residency rule, however the Govt is eyeing this scheme and will take measures to make things difficult, so just wait and watch.
bobobo, when you make such claims, please provide any concrete evidence. There was request by freedom of information act several months ago and governm. answered that there are no plans to review 10 years rule during 2012. They did not say exactly during 2012 but the said they had no such plans and said they had other plans this year.

There is a lot of other evidence that it will not be changed within next 2-3 years at least.

Why make this person more anxious? If you have any evidence, like articles from reliable sources, government press-releases, etc. please provide. There are many people on this forum who will qualify within next 1-2 years, they lived already for 8-9 years and such messages, like you wrote, make it only worse. This is groundless. Look at the history of this forum, there are discussions that 10 year rules will be canceled within next several months dating back to early 2000s.

Please provide evidence if you have it.

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:40 pm

"help4uk" - Your I.P. address which point to your physical location was recorded and was passed to police for "hate speech crime" which is a criminal offense. You internet provider was also contacted and was asked to cooperate in the investigation. It may take several months but you will be prosecuted according to law of this country.
In the United Kingdom, several statutes protect several categories of persons from hate speech. The statutes forbid communication which is hateful, threatening, abusive, or insulting and which targets a person on account of skin colour, race, disability, nationality (including citizenship), ethnic or national origin, religion, or sexual orientation. The penalties for hate speech include fines, imprisonment, or both.
Last edited by JohnM on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:43 pm

What are my chances?
It counts toward 10 years legal stay. If you did not break the law, then you have 100% chance to get ILR in september. Don't worry, they won't change rules this year.

Read UKBA website carefully, it got all information there, you don't need to rely on your "friends" opinions, it can only make you worry more. You have nothing to worry about. :)

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:57 am

I understand that Help4Uk has been nasty, but John M please stop bullshitting people, you are NOT a Moderator and cannot just pass information out to Police. Action should be taken by a Moderator and not a Junior Member.

Also when I replied to the OP, i said he should be fine as long as the rukles do not change, so hold your horses, what I said was not wrong. you need to chill and keep your feet on the ground.

quote="JohnM"]
"help4uk" - Your I.P. address which point to your physical location was recorded and was passed to police for "hate speech crime" which is a criminal offense. You internet provider was also contacted and was asked to cooperate in the investigation. It may take several months but you will be prosecuted according to law of this country.
In the United Kingdom, several statutes protect several categories of persons from hate speech. The statutes forbid communication which is hateful, threatening, abusive, or insulting and which targets a person on account of skin colour, race, disability, nationality (including citizenship), ethnic or national origin, religion, or sexual orientation. The penalties for hate speech include fines, imprisonment, or both.
[/quote]

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:10 am

bobobo wrote:
What help4uk said cannot be classified as hate speech. He expressed a strong opinion that you may not be comfortable with, but trying to intimidate him with threats and lies of police prosecution is uncalled for. This is an open forum were people can give civil opinions.

prettylashes
Newly Registered

Post by prettylashes » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:21 am

Oh wow,

I didn't receive notification so had no idea there were so many replies to the thread.

Thanks to everyone that replied, I just get nervous when I get different opinions on the topic.

Help4UK, I'm not even going to dignify you with an answer because if I say what on my mind about the '1 million unemployed youth in the UK', things will spiral out of control.

Thanks again guys.