ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I was self-employed already, do I need to register company?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JohnM

I was self-employed already, do I need to register company?

Post by JohnM » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:24 pm

Hi

I recently got Entrepreneur visa. I was already registered as self-employed for several years. It's enough for me to run business. I wonder, do I need to register Ltd company within 6 months or somehow re-register as self-employed? Or is it enough that I was registered already and I don't need to register anymore as self-employed / Ltd. ?

I just want to do it all exactly right in order not to have any problems when doing extension in 3 years.

Thank you very much :)

yhdil

Post by yhdil » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:41 pm

No, you don't need to.

as long as HMRC got your record of self employed/ltd, you are fine.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:42 pm

iii. Registered with HM Revenue and Customs as self-employed; or registered as a
director
You must have been registered as self-employed or a director of a business within the last 3
months before submitting your application as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur).

if some is running a company from say 1/1/12 than he should from a new company as director cum owner and apply within 3 month with new company for visa

if some one is applying on 10/4/12 the compant should not be formed before 10/1/12

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: I was self-employed already, do I need to register compa

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:44 pm

JohnM wrote:Hi

I recently got Entrepreneur visa. I was already registered as self-employed for several years. It's enough for me to run business. I wonder, do I need to register Ltd company within 6 months or somehow re-register as self-employed? Or is it enough that I was registered already and I don't need to register anymore as self-employed / Ltd. ?

I just want to do it all exactly right in order not to have any problems when doing extension in 3 years.

Thank you very much :)
to start new business and business activty in country.

3 month old companes r bared

Pialroy
Newly Registered

Post by Pialroy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:30 am

Hello everyone,
I am a new user of this forum, just trying to get information from this forum and trying to share some information's which might help others to proceed faster without confusion. well I was confused with this term "You must have been registered as self-employed or a director of a business within the last 3
months before submitting your application as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)." and now got one information from UKBA site hope that will help others too

" You must be applying from inside the UK, have leave as a Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) Migrant, and you were registered self-employed or as a director in the three months prior to the date of application. You must also be engaged in business activity in a graduate occupation, and have access to at least £50,000"
reference: https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... AL_05_HELP
also you can browse this link
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /applying/
go to that link you will see one link says calculate your point using point based calculator
then follow that link put the appropriate information's then in the 2nd page under "Entrepreneur"
there is a question "Do you have access to the appropriate funds? (See help below)"
and help link Help on this question (opens new window)
click on that link and you will get more information's from there. and I took that that information from there.

So my understanding is you have to get registered 3 month before your application. so for instance today is 7th April 2012 and you registered yourself as self employed or director today and you can apply after 90 days it means after 7th July. hope this information will help others. in simple word there is maturity time is 3 months or 90 days my understanding.
Sushil-ACCA wrote:iii. Registered with HM Revenue and Customs as self-employed; or registered as a
director
You must have been registered as self-employed or a director of a business within the last 3
months before submitting your application as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur).

if some is running a company from say 1/1/12 than he should from a new company as director cum owner and apply within 3 month with new company for visa

if some one is applying on 10/4/12 the compant should not be formed before 10/1/12

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:44 am

For all those struggling from PSW to Tier-1 Entrepreneur visa,

Please continue in one topic under the link

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=99490

This will help to focus on the problems/misunderstandings which are still not clear and on one thread.

Thanks

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:27 am

No, you don't need to.
Thanks! :)

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:59 pm

Logically you do not need to re-register if you are already registered.

What is the point in de-registering with HMRC and then re-registering very next day.