ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 2 - Accountant's Letter

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cocoa
Mexico

EEA 2 - Accountant's Letter

Post by Cocoa » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:07 pm

Hello,

I am applying for a Residence Card and the HO asked me to send an accountant's letter (my husband is self-employed).

I was wondering if someone could tell me what content or information should the letter include so we can ask my husband's accountant to write the letter with everything it should have.

Many thanks!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:36 pm

Have you actually applied or was this advice you received over the phone?

An accountant's letter would be one way to demonstrate that your husband is self-employed. Any letter written would be to support that assertion.

Cocoa
Mexico

Post by Cocoa » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Him thanks for the swift reply. The HO returned my application with a letter asking for further evidence in regards to my husband's self employment.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:00 pm

If you explain to any accountant what the purpose of the letter is for they should understand and be able to provide it (for a fee).

What evidence of self-employment did you provide in the first instance? There are many ways to demonstrate self-employment.

Some self-employed people do not avail of the services of an accountant and operate quite successfully.

Cocoa
Mexico

Post by Cocoa » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:03 pm

I sent invoices and his company registration, but this time I will add as many documents as possible to ensure everything runs smoothly.

Cocoa
Mexico

Post by Cocoa » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:11 pm

Many thanks for your advice btw :)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:28 pm

This is what the directive says ... (article 8)

Union citizens to whom point (a) of Article 7(1) applies present a valid identity card or passport, a confirmation of engagement from the employer or a certificate of employment, or proof that they are self-employed persons;

The transposing UK regulations appear to be a little vague on what proof a self-employed person must provide.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:33 pm

Cocoa wrote:I sent invoices and his company registration, but this time I will add as many documents as possible to ensure everything runs smoothly.
I am not self-employed and have never made such an application. However, I would have thought that what you provided was proof of self-employment. Hopefully others will contribute with either experience or references to policy.