ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR can it be revoked?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

conned
Newly Registered

ILR can it be revoked?

Post by conned » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:07 am

Has my husband has turned out to be gay after getting a ILR visa! after doing my homework i have found information about him being gay prior to marriage, during marriage and now.

Does anyone have any knowledge or success of anyone getting ILR revoked for ex partners?

Having terrible time right now and would greatly appreciate any information.

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Re: ILR can it be revoked?

Post by Loveislovely » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:15 pm

conned wrote:Has my husband has turned out to be gay after getting a ILR visa! after doing my homework i have found information about him being gay prior to marriage, during marriage and now.

Does anyone have any knowledge or success of anyone getting ILR revoked for ex partners?

Hi Conned!

Yes ILR can be revoked, I am not an expert, but I do not think that would be sufficient to revoke it, are you still together?

Loveislovely
All for one, one for all..... Peace

conned
Newly Registered

Post by conned » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi

No we are separated but still living in same house.

Thanks for your reply

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:28 pm

ILR can be revoked but only in specific circumstances, for example if it was obtained by deception or if it is deemed conducive to the public good (usually if the person has committed a serious criminal offence).

the UKBA are unlikely to revoke ILR granted on the basis of marriage unless it can be shown that the marriage was a sham. I understand that you are hurting but trying to get your husband's ILR revoked is not going to change the fact that your marriage has broken down for the reasons it has.

lahore2664
BANNED

Post by lahore2664 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:37 pm

Greenie wrote:ILR can be revoked but only in specific circumstances, for example if it was obtained by deception or if it is deemed conducive to the public good (usually if the person has committed a serious criminal offence).

the UKBA are unlikely to revoke ILR granted on the basis of marriage unless it can be shown that the marriage was a sham. I understand that you are hurting but trying to get your husband's ILR revoked is not going to change the fact that your marriage has broken down for the reasons it has.
Hello Guru Greenie, I wish all the best to conned.

Are you aware of the recent technical glitch and delay at Croydon PEO. I would like to ask if you are aware of any further checks UKBA under takes for WP holders specially when they changed employments ( with multiple WP's and FLR's). They held my file for further checks and said that they need to confirm with another department and it could take time. Can you please elaborate? Many thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:00 pm

lahore2664 wrote:
Greenie wrote:ILR can be revoked but only in specific circumstances, for example if it was obtained by deception or if it is deemed conducive to the public good (usually if the person has committed a serious criminal offence).

Are you aware of the recent technical glitch and delay at Croydon PEO. I would like to ask if you are aware of any further checks UKBA under takes for WP holders specially when they changed employments ( with multiple WP's and FLR's). They held my file for further checks and said that they need to confirm with another department and it could take time. Can you please elaborate? Many thanks
this has nothing to do with the OP's thread - please don't hijack it. there is already an active thread on the technical glitches at Croydon. please post there instead.

conned
Newly Registered

Post by conned » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:01 pm

Well it was a sham marriage, On my part it was a real marriage but on his part it was a sham marriage. primarily to get access to the uk for money and to be in a gay accepting community. I was simply used as a bridge ...his words!

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:03 pm

conned wrote:Well it was a sham marriage, On my part it was a real marriage but on his part it was a sham marriage. primarily to get access to the uk for money and to be in a gay accepting community. I was simply used as a bridge ...his words!
well if you really feel that was the case then by all means you can inform the UKBA but just don't expect that they will necessarily be able to do anything without proof (and if the marriage was consumated it is difficult to prove it was a sham) and certaintly don't expect them to tell you anything about his status.

sojan

Post by sojan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:07 pm

I feel you need to proceed legally and get a court judgement before raising claim for removing the ILR

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:09 pm

sojan wrote:I feel you need to proceed legally and get a court judgement before raising claim for removing the ILR
there is no 'claim' to remove a person's ILR - the only thing the OP can do is report the fact that she believes the marriage was a sham to the UKBA.

What do you mean by 'proceed legally and get a court judgement'

lahore2664
BANNED

Post by lahore2664 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Greenie wrote:
lahore2664 wrote:

this has nothing to do with the OP's thread - please don't hijack it. there is already an active thread on the technical glitches at Croydon. please post there instead.
Sorry Guru, I am the one posted the original post for Croydon issues but thought your attention can be saught here. Apologies!

chrisrich

Post by chrisrich » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:05 pm

Conned, I know you are hurting & you feel cheated & used but please forgive him & let him go without revenge. Just move on with your life, you will find someone better.
God has made everything beautiful in its time

conned
Newly Registered

Post by conned » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:58 pm

Chrisrich

Lovely words but..

If i do that i will always have the thought i let someone use me for their own agenda. And if i do nothing i would always know i was a party to him entering the uk and staying in the uk when i had the knowledge that he did this by pretence. I think i have a moral duty not to keep stum

plus I'm not a idiot, one person that does this and gets the life they planned sends signals to the same sort of friends that this is a good avenue to go down, and again the wicked use of a innocent person happens again and again.

Whats wrong with wanting to send my ex husband back? he has his family and life there (exactly where he was before he fraudulently obtained a visa)

His whole life is his home country, he speaks terribly about the UK sometimes i think he hates it here

On the whole i think this is perfectly acceptable and not revenge at all

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:00 pm

the point is you can't 'send him back' only the UKBA can do this and this will only happen if they find that he obtained his ILR by deception and he is otherwise unsuccessful in remaining here on other grounds.

conned
Newly Registered

Post by conned » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:16 pm

I am fully aware that I can't send my Husband back home myself, but with my information and proof i do hope he does get sent back

Hopefully some people will respond that have more info for me

Thanks for the replys so far everyone

dezialien
Newly Registered

I strongly support it to be revoked

Post by dezialien » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:19 pm

I also too know a very dear lady friend who had re-married (after a bad previous marriage) a divorced man who was a family acquaintance of years. However, it turns out, his agenda was to get into UK and bring is previous family moved to the UK!

She lost complete turst and her confidence in herself and people.

She had attempted to Divorce him and spent moneies on Laywers only to be told she has to wait for 2 years. He does not agree to give her divorce.

He openly lives with his ex-wife and kids and possibly may have not been naturalised as a citizen after his ILR and year ago.

It is not just revenge, but ethically correct for the reason that I am a immigrant myself and it clearly breaches the trust for the immigrant community who genuinely work hard towards settlement.

I do know that it is an open secret that UKBA is aware of the illegal immigration situation, however, apprantly it would cost them double the amount to take action against then the amount they will save by throwing away these illegal immigrants.

conned
Newly Registered

Post by conned » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:41 pm

Thats terrible, Hopefully the woman gets the right help to sort out her situation and empowers herself enough not to be a victim of this man anymore.

how on earth did all his family get here?

chrisrich

Post by chrisrich » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:46 pm

Conned, Sometimes marriages involving immigrants or UK Citizens break for all kinds of reasons. Marrying a UK citizen doesn't guarantee that all will end well, I think you should be happy that he has come out abit early so in that way he will not have wasted most of your precious time & years, some people are bent on living a lie for as long as they can hold. I don't in any way support what he stands for, he is not worth the trouble, it is highly likely they will let him stay in the country in the name of "human rights" & they know it, marriages don't always work out, if that was a reason to cancel peoples' ILRs, many people would be out by now, so many things are considered. Just forgive him & let him go, look on the bright side of life.
God has made everything beautiful in its time

Smam

Re: ILR can it be revoked?

Post by Smam » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:25 am

conned wrote:Has my husband has turned out to be gay after getting a ILR visa! after doing my homework i have found information about him being gay prior to marriage, during marriage and now.

Hi Conned,

First of all I really feel sorry after hearing your sad story.

I'll tell you one thing that unfortunately on the basis what you've mentioned in your posts your husbands ILR cannot be reovked at all in any case scenario no matter how hard you'll try to do that I am affraid I know that you're not going to like my reply for your post.

But if it was a sham marriage I think you're the one who to be blammed for it in the first place. You should have done your home work prior to getting married to a man who's gay. UKBA can't really help out people to think and take the right decision before getting in to any kind of relationships. Now as you've found out about him you want his ILR to be revoked ILR so that you can rectify your own mistake.I am affraid how harsh it sounds to you but ILR is not some thing like a temporary visa that can be revoked that eaisly and the reason you've clearly tells me that its all your fault. UKBA has to spend thousands of pounds to do that and to be honest with you they really don't have the resources and time to rectify some one else mistakes.

The best way is to get on with your life now and leave your husband case and think about your decisions before taking them not after taking the deicsions and then regreting on your actions for that decision.

conned
Newly Registered

Post by conned » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:18 pm

I'll tell you one thing that unfortunately on the basis what you've mentioned in your posts your husbands ILR cannot be reovked at all in any case scenario no matter how hard you'll try to do that I am affraid I know that you're not going to like my reply for your post.

How do you actually know that?

Do you work in the border agency?

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:38 pm

Hi

First of all you need to control your frustrations.

I dont really work for the UKBA. But to answer your post, one dont have to work for the UKBA to the best of my knowledge. Read the reply from the Guru Greenie from this forum you'll find the similarity in my reply and the Gurus reply. I just have studied your post and replied to it accordingly.

The other thing is that if you know that the ILR can be revoked I believe that you have also read that how it can be revoked, what kind of proof you've to provide to the UKBA to do that and how long will it really take for the UKBA to do that.

Once again in your case I believe you've lost the plot here. I think any person who come to Britain on a Spouse Visa must have to live here for a minimum period of 2 years before getting the ILR. You've failed to find out about the person you're living with in 2 years time its hell of a long time period to know any person. If I have a dog with me for 2 years I can tell just by using my innitiatives that what type of my pet is and you I am really sorry to say that you dont have any skills to know about people. Once again just using my common sense about UKBA, it can't really help any one who dont have the common sense to judge a person before getting in to any kind of relation ship with them.

conned
Newly Registered

Post by conned » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:05 am

You are right! I didnt know him well enough before i married him, most probably like many other people that marry people from other countries that they don't reside in and need to have a visa to get partners here. I bet there is a very high amount of people that have spent limited time together if they are both residing in diferent countries, that was the one single thing you are correct in saying.

But he hid the fact he was gay from me and my family, he acted straight he looked straight and i thought he was straight, it was him that lied and decieved me into the marriage by getting married to me whilst fully knowing what his sexuality was. The blame doesn't lie with me it was him, he obviously knew what he was and what he wanted and was prepared to marry me to achieve his current status in the UK.

As i have said before im simply looking for knowledge about the sucess of reporting someone for fraudulently obtaining ILR in circumstances like mine.

Thank you.

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:19 pm

Hi

After doing some research regarding your case the only way in which your husbands ILR can be revoked is that if you have documented proofs against your husband and you need to provide those proofs to the UKBA and if they think that the proofs you've given to them are commendable for revoking the ILR then they'll proceed with them. But let me tell you this thing again I've also read that its not that easy process and its also a time taking process.

Shall I give you one sincere advice if you dont mind me saying that just get on with your life and leave your husband case on to God. I believe that he has done wrong to you he'll get this back soon please have this Faith I really feel sorry for you and I can only imagine what you must be going through now.

conned
Newly Registered

Post by conned » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Thank you,

I will be doing exactly what i think is the morally right thing to do as i do in every aspect of my life, I'm agonostic atheist so will not be leaving this in Gods hands either.

I will be getting my life back on track as soon as he is out of my home and out of my life.

AshMad

Post by AshMad » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:13 am

The best thing would be to forget what happened in the past and just move on with your life.

I can understand that it is easier said than done.

However, its own personal choice and the one behaves the way he wants to deal with. Yes there is a pain and only the person who has been through the agony will understand.

But the sooner you move on in your life longer will you cherish the moments awaiting in future.

Ash