ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

betty30
Newly Registered

NCS appointment

Post by betty30 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:36 pm

Hello,

I ve emailed the NCS in my city to book an appointment for my BC and they asked me to call them to book it and when i called them they said give us ur name and number and we will phone you back and i did and now 3 days and i didnt hear from them ,

Can i apply in an other cities NCS or do i have to wait for my city NCS and i dont know when they will call me ?

or

Do i have to send my documents direct to the UK border registered by next day delivery is that acceptable?

Please any ideas will be helpful , thank you very much

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:52 pm

You can use any NCS you wish.

If you apply by NCS, they will post the application for you.

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:00 am

For the nationality checking service you can use any registry office you want (that offers it). If you havent had a call back within 1 day you simply arent going to be getting one so call back again, ideally mid morning or after lunch when they are less likely to be busy.

It certainly is acceptable not to use the NCS service and apply directly to UKBA but then you will be without your passport until the decision is made (normally circa 3-4 months) where as with NCS you get to retain your documents.

addh
- thin ice -

Post by addh » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:45 am

how long before u can call to book an appointment? 1 month?

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:05 am

addh wrote:how long before u can call to book an appointment? 1 month?
It's always better to book as early as possible so that you can get date of your choice. I booked mine 2 months in advance

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:17 pm

cricinfo wrote:
addh wrote:how long before u can call to book an appointment? 1 month?
It's always better to book as early as possible so that you can get date of your choice. I booked mine 2 months in advance
I did that as well.
Did you get some confirmation? They took money out of my account several weeks ago.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:04 am

jms_uk wrote:I did that as well.
Did you get some confirmation? They took money out of my account several weeks ago.
My case has already been decided. I applied in Nov 2011

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:32 am

cricinfo wrote:
I know, I was just asking did you get any confirmation from NCS between booking it and applying.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:49 am

jms_uk wrote:
cricinfo wrote:
I know, I was just asking did you get any confirmation from NCS between booking it and applying.
No. I didn't get any confirmation from NCS. I was only informed once about the appointment date and time when i called them to make NCS appointment.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:09 pm

cricinfo wrote: No. I didn't get any confirmation from NCS. I was only informed once about the appointment date and time when i called them to make NCS appointment.
Same as me then - thanks!