ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benefits after ILR - Spouse still on FLR (M)

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wilayatmalik
Newly Registered

Child Benefits after ILR - Spouse still on FLR (M)

Post by wilayatmalik » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:58 am

I recently got ILR and understand that I can claim child benefit for my UK Born 11 month old daughter. She does not have a visa though but I am going to apply for MN1 in a couple of weeks.

My wife is still on Tier 1 (Dependant) visa and I am going to send her extension under FLR (M) in a couple of weeks.

My questions is, if I claim child benefit will it effect the FLR (M) application of my wife or MN1 application of my daughter?

Also, after two years when I apply for ILR for my wife, would it be an issue that I have been claiming Child Benefit or other public funds? Is there a risk that my wife does not get ILR as I was claiming benefits?

Thanks in advance for your help?

Regards,
Wil

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:08 am

wilayatmalik yes u can apply for her cb for ur daughter ,it will not affect ur wife visa