ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Teir 4 visa rejection

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

slick086
Newly Registered

Teir 4 visa rejection

Post by slick086 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi guys,

Last yr I submitted my application for a teir 4 visa in november 25th. I didn't get a response until January 6th 2 days after my visa had already expired. the reason was because of photocopies.

I have submitted another application and presently waiting for a response.

Anyway does this rejection affect my 10 yr stay, and are there steps I could take to get that record expunged ? presently i've been in the UK for 7

they could have contacted me, if the UKBA sent a request asking for originals i would have provided it. they clearly state this in the initial letter they send: "if any problem u shall be contacted"

derlin

Re: Teir 4 visa rejection

Post by derlin » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:30 pm

slick086 wrote:Hi guys,

Last yr I submitted my application for a teir 4 visa in november 25th. I didn't get a response until January 6th 2 days after my visa had already expired. the reason was because of photocopies.

Anyway does this rejection affect my 10 yr stay, and are there steps I could take to get that record expunged ? presently i've been in the UK for 7

they could have contacted me, if the UKBA sent a request asking for originals i would have provided it. they clearly state this in the initial letter they send: "if any problem u shall be contacted"

slick086
Newly Registered

Photocopies

Post by slick086 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi I submitted photocopies of my birth certificate and bank statements...

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:42 pm

I think according to new rules, you cannot stay more than 8 years on student Tier-4 visa.

slick086
Newly Registered

Post by slick086 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:44 pm

Deviser wrote:I think according to new rules, you cannot stay more than 8 years on student Tier-4 visa.
Ye i know. i haven't been on a student visa for up to 8 years... i changed from a work permit to a student visa...

quantum1
Member of Standing

Re: Teir 4 visa rejection

Post by quantum1 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:08 pm

slick086 wrote:Hi guys,

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:08 pm

UKBA will overlook an out of time application if it is made within 10 days of visa expiry.
It will probably overlook but I don't think it is 100% guaranteed to be overlooked immediately. So save all your documents, etc. so that you could show them in the future when you apply for ILR.