ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COuntersignatory confirmation?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

masha.ketu
Newly Registered

COuntersignatory confirmation?

Post by masha.ketu » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:46 pm

Hello All,

Please has anyone been a Countersignatory or know any that has received correspondence from IPS.
I just want to know what it entails and what information would be obtained. I just got a response to my enquiry about contacting my counter signatory.

Thanks

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:30 pm

Have countersigned a few passport applications but never had any queries raised to me.

If they do I believe it is just to reconfirm that you know them, how and how long

masha.ketu
Newly Registered

Post by masha.ketu » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:48 pm

Thanks for the response. Was told it would take another 2 weeks to get response from the signatory. Was a bit surprised because I used the same person for my AN application. Anyway, have told the signatory to be expecting the letter.
Never knew IPS takes as much time as UKBA. But they are more respectful than the home office guys

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:56 pm

My countersignatory received the letter for my passport application. Bascially they asked my countersignatory to recognise the photo and asked him questions like my name,address and how long he knows me. IPS asked him to type the answers on his official letter head

masha.ketu
Newly Registered

Post by masha.ketu » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:20 pm

Thanks!
What if the signatory does not have a letter head?
My friend who is an accountant does contract jobs And i am aware she has been out of job since last month. So what happens?