ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I need you guys opinion / comments

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rahmoon
Newly Registered

I need you guys opinion / comments

Post by rahmoon » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:24 am

I belong to Karachi, Pakistan and I am really interested in HSMP but I have some confusions, I will be thankful to you guys if you can help me.

Following are my details:

Education:
BCS (2 years program) completed in end of 2000,
Diploma in Oracle from Oratech.
2 years Computer Science Diploma from private institute.
Microsoft Certified Application Developer

Work Experience:
I am related to the IT field and I have started my job in 1997 as Lab Assistant in a private computer institute. After that I have change my job and joined a Software development house in May 1998 as Software Engineer. After almost three yrs I have joined another software development company as a Sr. Web Engineer in Jan 2001, after 1.5 years I have promoted to the Project Manager post, than again after few months I have promoted to the Sr. Project Manager. Currently I am working as a Chief Technology Officer and I am responsible for all software development house issues, I am leading the whole team. I mean to say that now I have more than a year experience at a senior level job.

Earnings: Less Than £5000

Achievement: None

Partner's Achievements: My wife hold graduate degree in Veterinary Medicines (4 year program). She has received Passing Certificate but hasn’t received the degree.

I have also some others questions:

1. Should I submit my bank statement with the application?
2. I am not qualifying for earning points so I still need to submit my Salary certificate because my company is not issuing me Salary slips.
3. Is it necessary for your partner to go with you once your application approved?

I am very thankful to you guys if you can respond to my query.
Thanks in advance.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:24 am

1. Yes - you need to show you have enough funds to maintain and accomodate yourself and any dependents without recourse to public funds.

2. No need to submit evidence where you don't score points - however it may act as evidence of an income with a corresponding work history. I must say I am surprised you do not get to the GBP5,000 mark based on your stated seniority.

3. If you get additional points from your partner then he/she must accompany you or join you in the U.K. - such would be typically evaluated/ checked at renewal stage.

In the meantime you may wish to refer to the HSMP guidance leaflet to get the exact requirements and scoring matrix for the scheme. I say this because I note a trend for posters not to have read these details and asking questions on topics covered for such over a period of time where they could be working towards submiting a well documented application. If there is anything you need clarifying after reading the leaflet I am sure the board will assist.