ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent, one source of earning is cash

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kiddo
Newly Registered

Urgent, one source of earning is cash

Post by Kiddo » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi I'm new to this forum. I just read some topics and found very useful. I'm still reading but I would like to point my problem out to get quicker answers.

My initial application was single source of earning but now I have two unfortunately.

I'm extending my tier 1 visa soon. My sources of earnings are: 60% from employeed company and 40% from self employeed.

The 40% of the earning is cash payment. I have invoices but all issued to individuals not to companies. I'm worried this will become a problem for the HO to check.

Do I have a chance? How to make th HO believe this source?

Many thanks to you all!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:31 pm

You will need to satisfy the requirements for self-employed income as defined in the guidance. Just read what is necessary and choose what applies to your circumstances.

Kiddo
Newly Registered

Post by Kiddo » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:56 pm

Thanks for your reply. I satisfied the requirements, registered as SE with HMRC, got balance sheets from a qualified accountant, paid NIC2 ect.

My concern is that the source was individual cash payment, like a taxi driver, i deposited the money once in a couple of months. so there were no written contracts and the invoices were purely for my own paper management purpose.

I'm worried that the HO would not believe and decline my visa. I'd invite everyone with similar situations to share your stories and hints and tips please.

As reading more on this board, I'm getting more worried.

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:20 am

Did the exact amount enter your bank account as stated in the invoice?

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:19 am

Kiddo wrote:Thanks for your reply. I satisfied the requirements, registered as SE with HMRC, got balance sheets from a qualified accountant, paid NIC2 ect.

My concern is that the source was individual cash payment, like a taxi driver, i deposited the money once in a couple of months. so there were no written contracts and the invoices were purely for my own paper management purpose.

I'm worried that the HO would not believe and decline my visa. I'd invite everyone with similar situations to share your stories and hints and tips please.

As reading more on this board, I'm getting more worried.
not beliving by HO is not base of refusing , u need to prove when u were driving taxi , customer list or a third party was providing u client etcetc

Kiddo
Newly Registered

Post by Kiddo » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:25 am

shahjee11 wrote:Did the exact amount enter your bank account as stated in the invoice?
Yes, although I deposited once in a couple of months, I did separate the money into individual payment, the only bad thing is that those payments were shown on the same date on my bank statements.

Also I've got a receipt book from my bank, should I produce receipts for each client as well? Is it necessary?
Last edited by Kiddo on Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kiddo
Newly Registered

Post by Kiddo » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:28 am

not beliving by HO is not base of refusing , u need to prove when u were driving taxi , customer list or a third party was providing u client etcetc[/quote]

That's so assuring! I thought if the HO starts to be suspicious then then can refuse just base on suspicion. Now I feel better.

What are the normal refusal grounds then?