ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zahra110
- thin ice -

Post by zahra110 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:39 pm

Exquisit33 wrote:
sazkhan wrote:XnailaX ... Thanks for the help. I'll send one tomorrow :)
Somebody mentioned a while back on this forum that e-cards/greeting cards are a good way to send which are free and you can print proof off as well.
i only sent one greeting card, no calling cards or gift reciepts...as i had plenty of other 'evidence'
Application submitted at ISL: 27/01/12
under process at BHC: 09/02/12
READY FOR COLLECTION/VISA GRANTED: 25/04/12

MASHALLAH

zahra110
- thin ice -

Post by zahra110 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:41 pm

Blitz03 wrote:Guys,

If you don’t have anything to say to someone, then atleast look for something nice to say... if thats not possible then refrain from saying antyhing at all

Got It??
lol dont think certain people will get this through their brain cells (if they have any)

MASHALLAH

Rucy786

Post by Rucy786 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:58 pm

Anyone got the Abu dhabi email address ?

Blitz03

Post by Blitz03 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:14 pm

zahra110 wrote:
Blitz03 wrote:Guys,

If you don’t have anything to say to someone, then atleast look for something nice to say... if thats not possible then refrain from saying antyhing at all

Got It??
lol dont think certain people will get this through their brain cells (if they have any)[/quote)

couldnt agree more with you! :o
"Whoever wants to be leader & guide, should educate himself before educating others; before teaching moralties to others he should improve his morals & character" Hazrat Ali (R.A)

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:37 pm

Like someone stated previously this is possibly the worst period for one to apply for settlement.

Main reasons why application numbers are sky high is due to the law changing from 18 back to 21.
I've noticed since the change in Nov applicants are not getting swift responses as compared to when the law was 21.

Also Jan-March is usually the wedding season in pak which add more weight to the applications given.
Rumours of increased maintenance requirement is another issue why many people are rushing and applying.

Olympics could be another factor as UKBA must be prioritising Visit Visa.

Would have been better to apply last year before Novemeber but due to circumstances one can't.
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:38 pm

trust me i had LOADS of evidence..alhamdulillah it wasnt refused on our marriage/contact evidence..

the thing is guys, the more evidence u got proving contact between u and ur spouse, the better!!..

ma sisters huby case was refused cos she only sent callin cards (2 yrs ago)..and it was reused cos of contact so i learnt from her mistakes..and i dnt want the same hapening to u guys init..:) but the eco r stupid and refuse on minor reasons..thast why phones r fone innit..ring them and find out instead of refusing it..gosh..anyways..lol..

so i say the more evidence u got, jus shove it in wiv ur paperwork lol..it'l make ur cse stronger :)

i pray ALL of thoes who are waiting are granted visa quick..AMEEN

if any1 knos wht it feels like to b torn apart from their spouse, its gota b me..i was away frm him over a year but felt like 1000000 YEARS!!!!!...:( (im jus talkin from expereince nowt else lol)

Rucy786

Post by Rucy786 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:40 pm

Anyone got
The Abu dhabi email address ?

Blitz03

Post by Blitz03 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:51 pm

Rucy786 wrote:Anyone got
visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk
"Whoever wants to be leader & guide, should educate himself before educating others; before teaching moralties to others he should improve his morals & character" Hazrat Ali (R.A)

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:06 pm

Rucy786 wrote:Anyone got
Hi
I know u must b stressing coz of the deadline passing n all, but I've come across couple of applicants on this forum whose deadline passed n their decisions were still overturned.
Do email n phone up abu dhabi, I have feeling u'll have the decision overturned this month IA.
visa-grante:25.10.12

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:13 pm

XnailaX wrote:trust me i had LOADS of evidence..alhamdulillah it wasnt refused on our marriage/contact evidence..

the thing is guys, the more evidence u got proving contact between u and ur spouse, the better!!..

ma sisters huby case was refused cos she only sent callin cards (2 yrs ago)..and it was reused cos of contact so i learnt from her mistakes..and i dnt want the same hapening to u guys init..:) but the eco r stupid and refuse on minor reasons..thast why phones r fone innit..ring them and find out instead of refusing it..gosh..anyways..lol..

so i say the more evidence u got, jus shove it in wiv ur paperwork lol..it'l make ur cse stronger :)

i pray ALL of thoes who are waiting are granted visa quick..AMEEN

if any1 knos wht it feels like to b torn apart from their spouse, its gota b me..i was away frm him over a year but felt like 1000000 YEARS!!!!!...:( (im jus talkin from expereince nowt else lol)
Hey naila
I think when I get the acknowledgement letter the ECO would be given a deadline for mid-august, wot do u think???
visa-grante:25.10.12

sakman

Post by sakman » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:46 pm

Alif1 wrote:
Shatif wrote:
*Nazia wrote:
Shatif wrote:
Yes u need photocopies of everything including pic its part of the criteria
Are you sure? What criteria are you talking about? I never photocopied no photo's, I sent all my orignals and I have a hundered more in my wedding album.
I'm sure I read somewhere photocopy of supporting doc needs to be submitted
zahra110 wrote:i didnt submit any photocopies either
Photocopies ARE required. The UKBA website states that "For every document that you provide, you must include the original document and a photocopy. This includes a copy of your passport bio-data page (the page containing your photograph). Please ensure that the photocopies are of good quality and can be read easily. If you do not provide a photocopy of each document, we might not return your original documents to you".

If you want to read for yourself, here is the link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English
Salaam, these photcopies do you put them in with the main file for your application OR do you put them in a different folder, and hand over two folders at the application centre.

So what im trying to say is do you have to give a separate folder full of photocopys when you go to apply

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:49 pm

sakman wrote:
Alif1 wrote:
Shatif wrote:
*Nazia wrote:
Are you sure? What criteria are you talking about? I never photocopied no photo's, I sent all my orignals and I have a hundered more in my wedding album.
I'm sure I read somewhere photocopy of supporting doc needs to be submitted
zahra110 wrote:i didnt submit any photocopies either
Photocopies ARE required. The UKBA website states that "For every document that you provide, you must include the original document and a photocopy. This includes a copy of your passport bio-data page (the page containing your photograph). Please ensure that the photocopies are of good quality and can be read easily. If you do not provide a photocopy of each document, we might not return your original documents to you".

If you want to read for yourself, here is the link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English
Salaam, these photcopies do you put them in with the main file for your application OR do you put them in a different folder, and hand over two folders at the application centre.

So what im trying to say is do you have to give a separate folder full of photocopys when you go to apply

I didnt send no photocopies, just the orignals and my hubby just submitted that in a file.

I have the photocopies here with me, we werent told to hand it a photocopied file, and I dont think that it will affect your visa anyways so long as you have enough supporting orignal documents that strengthen your case and shows that your marriage is genuine.
09/03/2012 Application Submitted - Mirpur
03/03/2012 Application Forwarded - Islamabad OC
23/03/2012 Application Forwarded - BHC For Process

Waiting: 68 working days

sakman

Post by sakman » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:51 pm

in the above link to ukba website, there say there may not return the original documents if you didnt give them copies.

What about the TB certificate- if there dont give that back then how you gonna travel

Blitz03

Post by Blitz03 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:05 pm

sakman wrote:in the above link to ukba website, there say there may not return the original documents if you didnt give them copies.

What about the TB certificate- if there dont give that back then how you gonna travel
from http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English

it states...........

"For every document that you provide, you must include the original document and a photocopy. This includes a copy of your passport bio-data page (the page containing your photograph). Please ensure that the photocopies are of good quality and can be read easily. If you do not provide a photocopy of each document, we might not return your original documents to you."

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:08 pm

Blitz03 wrote:
sakman wrote:in the above link to ukba website, there say there may not return the original documents if you didnt give them copies.

from http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English

it states...........

"For every document that you provide, you must include the original document and a photocopy. This includes a copy of your passport bio-data page (the page containing your photograph). Please ensure that the photocopies are of good quality and can be read easily. If you do not provide a photocopy of each document, we might not return your original documents to you."
Why will they not return the original documents?

We pay ALOT of money to apply for our spouse visa and they say that...
09/03/2012 Application Submitted - Mirpur
03/03/2012 Application Forwarded - Islamabad OC
23/03/2012 Application Forwarded - BHC For Process

Waiting: 68 working days

MALBORO

Post by MALBORO » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:11 pm

my case is not showing me as sent to embassy .do i need to do any tng i contracted abu dhabi they say ur case is beeing handled at pak .i rang jerry as most of us know here it is useless to ring jerry they never told me anytng

anyone ideas wats hapeng with my case
submitted 15 jan
forwarded to BHC on 30th jan
under process at BHC on 30th jan

hope all of us get reunited very soon insha-allah
Last edited by MALBORO on Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:13 pm

XnailaX wrote:
ma sisters huby case was refused cos she only sent callin cards (2 yrs ago)..and it was reused cos of contact so i learnt from her mistakes..
Naila sis is absolutely right.. the more evidence the more weight your case will have...

My hubby's case was also refused on lack of contact (well that was one of the 3 refusal reasons). We put in calling cards which was to prove one months duration, as we submitted application a whole month after I got back after being married. The more evidence you put in the better! Apparently calling cards can be brought off anyone and do not specifically prove whom you called. Therefore to strengthen the application add anything that is relevant that proves your communication/contact..

-Skype Call records
-Emails
-Greeting cards/ e-cards, also keep envelopes to show stamp postage
-Ticket bookings
-Hotel bookings
-Any receipts of gifts exchanged
-Money transfer receipts
-Telephone bills/BT or mobile- show itemised billing
-Letter from mobile company
-Photographs are crucial bits of evidence- include Nikkah, Mehndi, Wedding and honeymoon period pictures

Good Luck all! :D :D
Allah is the greatest!

zahra110
- thin ice -

Post by zahra110 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:44 pm

my landline bills had a genric cheap number, so i never submitted them or top up vouchers for sims like lyca etc

just sent mobile bills...one call was 150 quid!

MASHALLAH

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:55 pm

Why I'm getting the feeling all of u who are waiting for outcome all your applications may not progress to embassy bhc may make the decision because if u look at syma's example her application never progressed to embassy, there has to be a pattern I think we r not looking hard enough.

Is it possible decision can be made at bhc without going to Abu dhabi.

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:10 pm

How much of this is true, can anybody shed any light on this

most settlement applications are processed within Pakistan, whereas a few are processed in England. Last year there was a "hub and spoke" arrangement, whereby all the applications were processed in Abu Dhabi. But
they have now deviated away from this, as confirmed by Theresa May. Now, all non-settlement applications are processed in Abu Dhabi.

Blitz03

Post by Blitz03 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:29 pm

Shatif wrote:Why I'm getting the feeling all of u who are waiting for outcome all your applications may not progress to embassy bhc may make the decision because if u look at syma's example her application never progressed to embassy, there has to be a pattern I think we r not looking hard enough.

Is it possible decision can be made at bhc without going to Abu dhabi.
you mention @syma, well she was called up for an interview

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#614622

zahra110
- thin ice -

Post by zahra110 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:16 pm

@shatif thats what gerrys said

but i dont know how reliable their info is, if i say i trust them...im told they chat cack

if i say i think they are rubbish and chatting cack, im told i hate pakistan

cant win hahahahaha

MASHALLAH

zahra110
- thin ice -

Re: time

Post by zahra110 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:18 pm

syma wrote:
shah6409 wrote:its been 50 working days
just wait for another 10 working days and God forbid you still dont hear anything email on the follwing adds both of them;

visaenquiries.islamabad@fco.gov.uk

visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk

and if ur email doesnt go thro, email it again the xt day sometimes thier inbox is full..

p.s my husband did email abudhabi on our 55th working day he got a reply in two days saying its in process a decision will be made shortly.
did urs ever move to abu dhabi on ur gerrys status?

MASHALLAH

assadullah
Newly Registered

Post by assadullah » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:54 am

hi all,

I have sent some money to my wife in pakistan, i have noticed that the cashier has spelt her name incorrectly but she was able to recieve the funds in pakistan. I went back to the cashier and he has reprinted me the receipt with her name correctly spelt. I had asked her to go to the habib bank in pakistan and see if they can re print the receipt for her with the name corrected, she said they cannot

any advice?

i will submit her documents soon and am worried the eco will reject the case due to the name being spelt incorrectly on her receipt

assadullah
Newly Registered

Post by assadullah » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:57 am

please pray they accept her case without any objections.... everythign else seems to be in order and i have explained everythign to the best of my knowledge for them to make a decision on other issues