ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Dates

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ashdaone1
- thin ice -

Current Dates

Post by ashdaone1 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:18 pm

Still considering applications for which Biometric were submitted on 13th March. Wonder, how can they still maintain their 75% pledge!

This has to be the most unaccountable department of the government ever!!!!

bruceb

Post by bruceb » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:23 pm

We keep cribbing about Indian Passport services, gosh.. this from a world leader is appalling! you take money for the processes not do it for free. And we pay taxes and NI too...
In my case they only took part payment and till now no one knows what's caused the blockage.

ashdaone1
- thin ice -

Post by ashdaone1 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:28 pm

Ah, right - I read your post elsewhere. They only took £1500, whereas they should have taken £2000 - isn't that correct!

Really, its exasperating me as they are taking so damn long! People have a life and if you hold on to their travel documents, they are literally trapped for that period!

And to add insult to injury, they have increased the fees by none less than £500! There has to be some accountability!

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:15 pm

bruceb wrote:We keep cribbing about Indian Passport services, gosh.. this from a world leader is appalling! you take money for the processes not do it for free. And we pay taxes and NI too...
In my case they only took part payment and till now no one knows what's caused the blockage.
Indian passport renewal is far more efficient compared to UKBA visa application process. Atleast this was case for me where I collected my renewed passport within 5 working days from High commission in London and my previous passport was issued in India. They did better job despite having the worst reputation.

timesofindia

Post by timesofindia » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:29 pm

Same boat as all of you.

What is weird is.. they (UKBA) can & do give decision for PEO applications within 3-4 hours (which includes checking application, biometric results checking, dependents etc..) but for more ££.

Then say assuming a postal application adds a delay of 1 full day per application per caseworker, still it should not take 90+ days for 2nd extension when someone who has already been in the country for last 4-5 years & are just extending their stay..

But again it also depends on number of caseworkers they employ... and you never know under the cost cutting measures they might just have 2-3 caseworkers going through all these 100s of cases...