ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

idrissule
Newly Registered

Urgent

Post by idrissule » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:42 pm

My countersignatory does not have a letter head. What can be done?
Please do help. Need to return the letter asap.

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:25 am

Who is your counter signatory? How do they qualify as a counter signatory? What is their employment status?

A fair number of SME business owners wont have formal letter heads. Either they just print it on plain paper and state they dont have a letter head but provide the necessary information to validate their status (eg company number or professional membership number etc). Alternatively they can easily create a letter head in about 10 minutes - there is no legal requirement for letter heads to be professionally designed/printed or for them to be fancy or anything else

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:05 am

Can you tell me if all countersignatories of british Passport applications are required to provide a reference on letter head.

Many thanks

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:34 am

juliajules1979 wrote:Can you tell me if all countersignatories of british Passport applications are required to provide a reference on letter head.

Many thanks
When ips sent a letter to my countersignatory for verification, they asked him to type the reply on his official letter head.

masha.ketu
Newly Registered

Post by masha.ketu » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:26 pm

My own referee,typed and sent it on a plain sheet of paper. SHe is an employee and cannot use company letterhead for personal issues. Waiting for the outcome.

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Ours wasn't contacted. He is however a prominent person and whilst the relationship could be probed it wouldn't be necessary to ensure he holds an appropriate role.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:39 pm

Submit countersignatories' bussiness card, if available?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ramesheuk

Post by ramesheuk » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:34 pm

Hi,

No need to worry, my counter signator created letter head in MS word and printed it out.
Letter heads can be created quickly and there are no guidlines for this.

Thanks

idrissule
Newly Registered

Post by idrissule » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Made a call today and was told a letter had been sent to me with details on how to book an interview? Do they not give the reference number over the phone again?

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:43 am

Pends who you speak to, some will and others wont... same as the email updates