ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa refusal

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

barznjy
Newly Registered

visa refusal

Post by barznjy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:18 am

Dear Friends,

I received VISA refusal from UK Embassy,

I have two sponsor for financial, and in the visa interview I gave them both letter, both sponsor are legal and government sponsor.

they said that we have 28£ less than the required, but if they consider both sponsor then I have about 400£ higher than the required amount.

JUST I don't understand this message:
You have also submitted a letter from your employer as additional evidence of funds. However, this document is not listed in the guidance as evidence that can be used to show funds available.

Even if they don't consider this letter, then why they refused all family visa (all of us)?

What shall I do now?

In the letter that I received it said:
ECO Comment: You and have applied for entry clearance as a Points Based System Tier 4 student. Your spouse and 2children have applied with you. You have stated that your studies will be financed through sponsorship from the Iraqi Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research. Tier 4 of the Points Based System required that £400 be available per month for each dependant, up to a maximum period of 9 months. This means that you are required to demonstrate available monthly funds of (3x £400) + £600= £1800 for you and your family.
The sponsorship documents show that you will receive a total of monthly allowance of US$ $2825(E1772 £1 = $1.59). This is not sufficient to meet the maintenance requirements (of £1800) for you, your wife and your 2 children. Therefore you have not been awarded 10 points for maintenance. Appendix C
You have also submitted a letter from your employer as additional evidence of funds. However, this document is not listed in the guidance as evidence that can be used to show funds available. I am therefore not satisfied that there is a sufficient level of funds available to you as set out in Appendix E. 319C (g)
I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you meet all of the requirements of the relevant Paragraph of the United Kingdom Immigration Rules.

Given the above, I have refused your visa application on this occasion because I am not satisfied that you meet all of the requirements of paragraph 2457V of the Immigration Rules.

If I appeal, is there a chance for getting good result?

Best regards

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:09 am

Dear barznjy,
The ECO is right to refuse your application as. The sponsorship document is the only relevant document acceptable as a proof of maintenance and unfortunately with the conversion rate being applied you just fall slightly short of the required funds.

Your letter from the employer cannot be regarded as an acceptable evidence, you should have added bank statements from your employer for additional source of funds.

Your best bet is to go for an admin review and explain in a covering letter that a minor fluctuation in the exchange rate could have resulted in lower funds and that you were not aware of the exact exchange rate differences.

If admin review fails then your only option is to make a fresh application.

But there is a good chance it should succeed.

barznjy
Newly Registered

Post by barznjy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:46 pm

Thank you very much for the answer.

barznjy
Newly Registered

Post by barznjy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:14 pm

Dear Sir,

Thank you very very much for the answer.

In the Tier 4 general student VISA application form, I only mentioned one sponsor financial letter which was US$2825 per month, and I didn't mentioned my employers financial support letter which is £335 per month.

Do you think refusal related to this?

If they consider both (the total amount will be £2107), and by this there will be (£307) more than the required amount.

BUT I mentioned both in the online application form for my family members.

If I appeal, is there any chance to get good result?

In the case that they don’t consider my employer’s financial support letter, then why all family members got refusal, even me?

another thing, what is my by this:
You have also submitted a letter from your employer as additional evidence of funds. However, this document is not listed in the guidance as evidence that can be used to show funds available.

Best regards

Jamal A.

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:27 pm

Like I said in my previous post just the letter from your employer is not a proof of funds available to you regardless of whether you mentioned this in your application form or not. You needed your employer bank statement to support the letter as well.

Since it is only £28 that you are short, I think you should be able to argue this on the basis of exchange difference for eg minor fluctuation on exch rate ie 1.57 instead of 1.59 will take your funds to £1800.

barznjy
Newly Registered

Post by barznjy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:49 am

Dear Sir,

Thank you again for the detail answer.

I have another question;

I have saved money in the bank, is it useful to bring support letter from my bank, and attach this to my application and my family members?

Thank you

Jamal A.