ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

going for hearing seeking help in dacumentation

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

asdsa
Newly Registered

going for hearing seeking help in dacumentation

Post by asdsa » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:28 pm

hi
my tier 4 student visa was rejected and I appeal agaist decision then i got a letter from tribunal office mentioning date, time and location of hearing,
and ask to send dacuments to Respondent at presenting officers unit. and witness statements of the evidence to be called at the hearing
I am cofused what dacuments do i need to send as already i send my rejection letter atached with appeal form at the time of appeal,

i appealed myself without solicitor so please dont advice me to visit solicitors
if anyone know the process please advice me
thanks

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:42 pm

Well if you have made an appeal and want to have an oral hearing you need to send a witness statement and a skeletal argument of you appealing the rejection. Generally the witness statement and skeletal argument need to be prepared by a solicitor as the argument needs to be based on the point of law with relevant case references. The absence of these documents would weaken your case and you would likely to be subjected to more scrutiny by the judge.

Even though you clearly seem to be averse to the idea of hiring a solicitor, my advice would be that you stand a much better chance with a solicitor rather than without one, therefore choice is yours.

asdsa
Newly Registered

Post by asdsa » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:27 am

thanks for helpfull information
could you please explain what is witness statement and skeletal argument
I dont have enough money to pay solicitors fees plerase if uyou can guid me through
thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:36 am

asdsa wrote:thanks for helpfull information
could you please explain what is witness statement and skeletal argument
I dont have enough money to pay solicitors fees plerase if uyou can guid me through
thanks
your witness statement is your explaination of your circumstances, and your reasons for disagreeing with the decision

a skeleton argument is a summary of your arguments against the refusal with reference to the law and the evidence you have provided.