ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport at home Office for 2 & 1/2 years**student visa*

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

XO
Newly Registered

Passport at home Office for 2 & 1/2 years**student visa*

Post by XO » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:08 pm

My sent my passport in 2004 to renew my student visa.Unfortunately at the time of sending it it was two weeks late. To this day the only information I get when I contact the home office is it is being processed, I have since completed my studies and don't know what action one can possibly take.Please advise!!

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: Passport at home Office for 2 & 1/2 years**student v

Post by Chess » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:10 pm

XO wrote:My sent my passport in 2004 to renew my student visa.Unfortunately at the time of sending it it was two weeks late. To this day the only information I get when I contact the home office is it is being processed, I have since completed my studies and don't know what action one can possibly take.Please advise!!

If you intend to leave the country - then advise HO of your travel plans and they will release the ppt
Where there is a will there is a way.

XO
Newly Registered

Post by XO » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:32 pm

I actually intend to stay and do my accountancy practice here. However, I get interviews but can not get the job due to lack of ID

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:08 pm

Your late application has probably been referred to Enforcement & Removals Directorate and there the docs lie for years.

You need to contact the Complaints Unit to address the issue, or involve your MP.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Re: Passport at home Office for 2 & 1/2 years**student v

Post by Dawie » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:10 pm

XO wrote:My sent my passport in 2004 to renew my student visa.Unfortunately at the time of sending it it was two weeks late. To this day the only information I get when I contact the home office is it is being processed, I have since completed my studies and don't know what action one can possibly take.Please advise!!
How did you manage to complete your studies with an expired student visa?
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:20 pm

XO,

I'l be somewhat blunt - (i) you are an in breach of your conditions because you have remained in the UK beyond the validity of the your visa - waiting for the Home Office to deal with your case is moot since technically you shouldn't have been here to make that application (ii) you are an overstayer because your visa expired and you have remained in the UK.

The main consequence is that you may not apply for a visa/ residence permit whilst in the UK other than on the most compelling of circumstances read serious illness or matters such as a natural disaster in your home country. Obtain WP sponsorship and then apply for a WP EC/visa back home to return to the UK. Otherwise you will find yourself wasting your time in fruitless job applications since you have no right to work. This in turn leads to frustration and so forth.

Sorry that may not be the news you wanted to hear