ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE HELP MN1 or PARMANENT RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fisayo

PLEASE HELP MN1 or PARMANENT RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

Post by fisayo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi everyone, please i need an advise regarding my son registration as british. He was born abroad and he had family permit in 2006 which they later gave him 5 yrs residence card which expired in nov 2011.
Please note i do not apply for parmanent resident card for him .
I got parmanent residence in dec 2010 as a person who retains her right as non eea national. I am in the process of about to apply for my naturalization.
Please , if i am granted my naturalization , how will i go about my born abroad son application.
can i go and apply for parmanent residence card for him or what do i do please? :(

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:33 pm

The child doesn't need to have PR confirmation when applying. You can apply using MN1 together with your application.

See Q1 in FAQ - most common questions - children.

fisayo

Post by fisayo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:51 pm

[quote="Jambo"]The child doesn't need to have PR confirmation when applying. You can apply using MN1 together with your application.

See Q1 in [url=http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic. ... 55&#592355]FAQ - most common questions - children[/url].[/quote]

Thank you jambo, so regardless that he was born abroad, ican still use FORM MN1 ?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Correct.

Why do you think you can't use form MN1?

fisayo

Post by fisayo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:32 pm

[quote="Jambo"]Correct.

Why do you think you can't use form MN1?[/quote]

I was of the opinion that he has to have parmanent residence card like me because we do not depend on my ex husband any more and my son is just his step son. So i think it is compulsory for him to have the residence card on his own right.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:18 am

Under EEA regulations, PR status is obtained automatically after 5 years of exercising treaty rights (or for the family members residing in the UK for 5 years) so your child would already have obtained PR (assuming he was living in the UK for the 5 years).

Under EEA regulations, having PR confirmation is optional and is not required.

You can apply directly for his Registration as a British Citizen using form MN1. The application is under section 3(1) and is at discretion. The decision in his case would depend whether your application is successful.

fisayo

Post by fisayo » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:16 am

[quote="Jambo"]Under EEA regulations, PR status is obtained automatically after 5 years of exercising treaty rights (or for the family members residing in the UK for 5 years) so your child would already have obtained PR (assuming he was living in the UK for the 5 years).

Under EEA regulations, having PR confirmation is optional and is not required.

You can apply directly for his Registration as a British Citizen using form MN1. The application is under section 3(1) and is at discretion. The decision in his case would depend whether your application is successful.[/quote]

Thank you so much jambo. please if i am granted naturalization .what documents should i enclosed for his MN1 Application? Please
I am awaiting the result of my naturalization any time from now.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:24 pm

I suggest you read the FAQ I linked to before as well as the application form and the guide.

The application doesn't require a lot - the child passport, birth certificate (to show he is your child) and your naturalisation certificate would be what is required.

If divorced, you will need to provide evidence of full custody of the child or get the consent of the other parent for the application.

fisayo

Post by fisayo » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:58 pm

[quote="Jambo"]I suggest you read the FAQ I linked to before as well as the application form and the guide.

The application doesn't require a lot - the child passport, birth certificate (to show he is your child) and your naturalisation certificate would be what is required.

If divorced, you will need to provide evidence of full custody of the child or get the consent of the other parent for the application.[/quote]

I am the sole sponsor for the child as stated in his passport because my name is written on his residence permit /passport when entering the uk as sponsor. will this be enough for the custody proof?

Thank you very much . May God Almighty bless You In Abundant.
I am very relieved.