ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

accountant letter - Accountant Mathew please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rajaninanu

accountant letter - Accountant Mathew please help

Post by rajaninanu » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:07 pm

Hi all,

anyone please help, I have written accoutant matthew in the subject bcz he generally replies on tax related issues.

I am self employed as sole trader. I do tuitorings for GCSE Sciene, maths and A Level sciences.
I have invoices and bank statement. But my bank statement is around£3000 short of the amount of the total amount given by my invoices.
When I take the accountant letter which amount should he mention in the letter, the amount from invoices - the expenses or the amount according to bank statement - expenses.
Because during my initial application I had submitted an accountant letter based on my invoices alone (not matching with my bank statement). As a second proof I filed my tax and submitted the official tax return document. It was done from India.

Please help
Regards
Rajani

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:53 am

Your accountant should mention all of the invoices you sent out rajaninanu and then make a note of which invoices are outstanding.

This is because your accounts (profit/loss account and balance sheet) are prepared on the accruals basis (so basically when something happens) rather than the cash basis (when you pay or are paid).

Hope this helps!
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.