ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Issued warning letter by customs - will this affect me

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zee313

Issued warning letter by customs - will this affect me

Post by zee313 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:46 am

Dear all,

Iv just remembered something as I am planning to make my application for BC soon, and just remembered that approx 3 years ago when i entered the uk at heathrow i was over my allowance on cigarettes. And the customs officer who stopped me confiscated the extra cigaretts and said that this time around he will issue me with a warning and next time it may be a fine or worse. He gave me a written letter as a warning which if i rember correctly I signed on.

Will this affect my naturalization application in anyway at all? And whats the best way to go about this issue?

Thanks

Bluto
Newly Registered

Post by Bluto » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:42 am

Can anyone please answer? I am in similar situation.....

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:03 pm

Smoking can kill you but this incident has no affect on your naturalisation application. There is no need to declare it.

Bluto
Newly Registered

Post by Bluto » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:43 pm

Jambo wrote:Smoking can kill you but this incident has no affect on your naturalisation application. There is no need to declare it.
Thanks Jambo, my incident is slightly different. I was bringing dairy product (sweets) from outside EU and sweets were confiscated by customs at airport. I was issued a warning. do I've to declare it? It was around 4 years ago.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:15 pm

Not sure why you think your case is different but there is no need to declare warnings by customs.

Bluto
Newly Registered

Post by Bluto » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:25 pm

Many thanks Jambo.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:56 pm

Jambo wrote:Smoking can kill you but this incident has no affect on your naturalisation application. There is no need to declare it.
Sweets may give you toothache, but etc, etc ...
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

cluelesss

Re: Issued warning letter by customs - will this affect me

Post by cluelesss » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:40 am

Hi,

I am in the process of applying british citizenship. I was also issued a warning letter about 20 months ago for bringing in excess mangoes. I understand that this warning stays on the record for 2 years. Do i need to declare and does it any affect?

Thanks

ban.s

Re:

Post by ban.s » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:43 am

vinny wrote:
Sweets may give you toothache, but etc, etc ...
Mangoes may give you indigestion, but etc, etc....

samlondon
Newly Registered

Post by samlondon » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:40 pm

The same issue applies to me ... This hm customs warning was given to me in 2010 please advise if i need to declare this warning ??? I checked it on the gov.uk they say after 2 yeArs it expires from the records so do what should i do ?

Amber
Mood:

Re:

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:49 pm

Jambo wrote:Not sure why you think your case is different but there is no need to declare warnings by customs.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

samlondon
Newly Registered

Post by samlondon » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:52 pm

On the an form it says mention the warnings u received in the uk ? If its found it would be giving false info therefore im so nervous ...should i just send it in sayin i have forgotten to disclose

samlondon
Newly Registered

Post by samlondon » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:35 pm

Which type of warnings should i declare then ? Customs' warning should not be declared ??

samlondon
Newly Registered

Post by samlondon » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:38 am

hi amber , i just wanna be sure if i need to declare this customs warning please give some advice ... as it asks about warning on the an form ???

samlondon
Newly Registered

Post by samlondon » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:53 am

cluelesss wrote:Hi,

I am in the process of applying british citizenship. I was also issued a warning letter about 20 months ago for bringing in excess mangoes. I understand that this warning stays on the record for 2 years. Do i need to declare and does it any affect?

Thanks

PLEASE INFORM US ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION RESULT .. THANKS

ANDREW34
Newly Registered

Post by ANDREW34 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:43 pm

Hey guys,

Urgently seeking an advice in regards with the WARNING letter i was given at the UK airport by Hm customs officers...

i brought some food products from non-eu country and i was issued a warning letter .. Do i have to declare this under 3.10 as asking if we received any cautions warning or reprimands ....?????

please give advise as soon as possible ...

I called HO: THEY SAID WARNINGS THAT ARE RECORDED ON PERSON'S CRIMINAL RECORD.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHETHER IT GOES TO CRIMINAL RECORD..

Amber
Mood:

Re: Re:

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:14 pm

Amber_ wrote:
Jambo wrote:Not sure why you think your case is different but there is no need to declare warnings by customs.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ANDREW34
Newly Registered

Post by ANDREW34 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:41 pm

Thanks a lot for ur reply amber.. So i dont need to declare and no need to be worried about this warning by customs?

Does it not go on the criminal record??

boloney

Post by boloney » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:54 pm

ANDREW34 wrote:Thanks a lot for ur reply amber.. So i dont need to declare and no need to be worried about this warning by customs?

Does it not go on the criminal record??
it does`t go nowhere. i had 11000 cigarettes seized, I have declared it while applying for BC. it did`t make no difference, got approved in about 3 weeks.
warning letter was issued to me as well, it is civil case not criminal.

ANDREW34
Newly Registered

Post by ANDREW34 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:53 pm

Appreciate your response thanks.. I wondered just because i didnt declare it

boloney

Post by boloney » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:47 pm

I was travelling from EU and by law I`m allowed to bring as much as I want but they can seize the goods if they like. they only put you on the system, on the warning index so they know that you were stopped before and had something so next time you cross the border you are more likely gonna be stopped as it was in my case. nothing to worry about.