ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Being present in the uk 3 years before application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zee313

Being present in the uk 3 years before application

Post by zee313 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:28 am

Dear all,

Im slightly confused here, i understand that when making my application for BC on the basis of being married to a british citizen i have to prove that i was physically in the country 3 years ago on the date of my application.

Does this mean exactly on that day i should have been in the uk or does it mean as long as i was settled and living here that counts, And whether i was on holiday at the time is fine. because i was already settled here prior to that as i have been here for 4 years

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:36 am

Physically present in the UK on that date, rather than living there but away on a trip on the same day three years ago.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:39 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zee313

Post by zee313 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:40 am

ok thank you for the quick response, do you know if NCS offer next day signed for delivery of my application. And is it ok if i travel after making my application. would this has any effect on my application when HO do the processing, i will be away but a family member will be at home should any letters come from HO.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:30 am

zee313 wrote:ok thank you for the quick response, do you know if NCS offer next day signed for delivery of my application. And is it ok if i travel after making my application. would this has any effect on my application when HO do the processing, i will be away but a family member will be at home should any letters come from HO.
NCS will ask you to contact HO if you are travelling abroad in next 5 working days. This is to ensure that you are physically present in the country when HO actually receives your application. If you are travelling after 5 woking days from NCS appointment then i believe it's fine.