ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

elliass
BANNED

Post by elliass » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:55 pm

jms_uk wrote:
joh118 wrote:I wonder if ordering a SAR file from UKBA whilst your naturalisation application is being considered will give any insights on their methods....
You'd probably get it after naturalisation decision :lol:

I submited my application 3 months and a few days a go for BC via NCS.
which means in Jan/2012; till now I have not received my approval yet . I called UKBA and what I heard only it is in the process nothing else at all.

Desipte, many people they submitted there applications after me (1 month or even 1.5 month) and they got their approval letters.

NCS told me that my application is straightforward application and usually UKBA gives periority to applications checked and sent via NCS!

I am wondering if my application is straighforward and still not finished yet ..how if it is not straightforward hom many months more I should wait :( :( :(

I noticed that the people who sent their applications by postal is much quicker and faster process than who sent via NCS.

After this I don't recommend any one else to use NCS, it is better to use postal and save your money and your time guys! :( :( :( :( :( :(

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:25 pm

elliass wrote:After this I don't recommend any one else to use NCS, it is better to use postal and save your money and your time guys! :( :( :( :( :( :(
Main benefit of going NCS route is that you get to keep your passport.

Bluto
Newly Registered

Post by Bluto » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Elliass, I doubt postal applications are fast. No one knows why some people get approval within 4 to 6 weeks and takes longer for some. May be it depends on original nationality? I applied by post in first week of Feb and still waiting ...

kingcedz
Newly Registered

Post by kingcedz » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:14 pm

my wife applied end of January and still waiting for apporval letter. The only letter we received so far is one from HO saying the fees has been taken, is this the acknowledgement letter? or there should been another acknowledgement letter but we never received?

elliass
BANNED

Post by elliass » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:23 pm

kingcedz wrote:my wife applied end of January and still waiting for apporval letter. The only letter we received so far is one from HO saying the fees has been taken, is this the acknowledgement letter? or there should been another acknowledgement letter but we never received?
This is the only acknowledgement letter you received; the next letter should be your approval!

kingcedz
Newly Registered

Post by kingcedz » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:08 pm

[quote="elliass"][quote="kingcedz"]my wife applied end of January and still waiting for apporval letter. The only letter we received so far is one from HO saying the fees has been taken, is this the acknowledgement letter? or there should been another acknowledgement letter but we never received?[/quote]

This is the only acknowledgement letter you received; the next letter should be your approval![/quote]

Thanks.
Sounds like a stupid worry, but we are concerned what if HO send us the approval letter and its lost in the mail...
from other posts in the forum it seems there is no point calling HO asking for update. We ve actually written a letter to HO a couple of weeks ago asking for update but not received any response.
If HO approved the application, will our local council contact us as well? I m wondering if anyone has tried to contact local council if they received the citizenship certificate?

elliass
BANNED

Post by elliass » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:43 pm

kingcedz wrote:
elliass wrote:
kingcedz wrote:my wife applied end of January and still waiting for apporval letter. The only letter we received so far is one from HO saying the fees has been taken, is this the acknowledgement letter? or there should been another acknowledgement letter but we never received?
This is the only acknowledgement letter you received; the next letter should be your approval!
Thanks.
Sounds like a stupid worry, but we are concerned what if HO send us the approval letter and its lost in the mail...
from other posts in the forum it seems there is no point calling HO asking for update. We ve actually written a letter to HO a couple of weeks ago asking for update but not received any response.
If HO approved the application, will our local council contact us as well? I m wondering if anyone has tried to contact local council if they received the citizenship certificate?
Hi,

I applied in mid of Jan/2012 and still waiting.
Usually you will recieve an approval letter but for some reason if you couldn't recieve a letter then the council would contact you.

But to be in the safe side it is better to call your council and ask them if they received any letter for you if not then ask them to contact you to inform you about it once it arrives.

I think this is a good solution! good luck mate! :)

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:59 pm

Have called today to check the status of my application. The lady at the other end kindly refused because it is less than 6 months since I applied.

workingmama
- thin ice -

Post by workingmama » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:08 pm

Have called today to check the status of my application. The lady at the other end kindly refused because it is less than 6 months since I applied.
I also called today to try to ask about my husbands application.
I called 15 times, each time I spent at least 5 minutes on the phone as it rang and rang with intermittent annoncements to be patient as lines were busy then suddenly a messege said something along the lines of (your call has been disconnected). Can I just say my manager was agast at this and said if she was running the call centre she would seriously look into what the heck was going on. On the 16th attempt I got through after 7 minutes and the woman refused to tell me anything as it has not been 6 months. I asked her why my husbands claim was still waiting approval when others who applied 2 months after him were approved and asked why they did not process on date recieved.

She told me that they were supposed to work by date recieved but some applications were very complicated. I explained that my husbands was straightforward, no criminal record, spouse visa, no excess trips outside etc and she could not tell me why so many get stuck in the system. I then raised the issue of the fact I had sent two emails from my government email address to the home office and yet had not even recieved the normal email acknowledgment. (when you email any government department it sends out an automated messege directly telling you thanks for email and they have a certain length of time to reply). She apologised for this and could not understand why especially as it was government organisation to government organisation email.

I just find the whole system totally disorganised. One member of staff will give details before 6 months, one will not. Some get processed before others while some wait almost a year for no reason. If naturalisation was a free service then you would be in no position to complain about the length of time or way they do things but you pay a large fee and at least you should expect consistant service, to be able to at least know where your application is at and not made to feel nervous at picking up the phone.

Maybe working for a government department myself where we have strict deadlines, process on basis of date recieved, have to give information out even if we clearly notify people there is a length of time that things will be dealt with. In my own job one of the expected times of processing something for one department is 3 months however if anyone calls we understand their worry and we give what ever information we can see on the computer system without giving the member of public a telling off and making them call back at the end of the 3 months.
Mistakes do happen and without people calling to check on progress those mistakes do not come to light. Just this week I have found 2 cases that were obviously lost in the system and was able to rectify it, but I would not have known this unless the person called after the 3 months was up.

As I said I am raising these issues with my MP in the hope he can liase with the Minister of Immigration. Without complaints about how the system is run then it will continue to run in a disorganised manner. I am not asking for applications to be quickly processed but what I would like to see is that applicants can at least get updates before the 6 months is up. It takes just a few seconds to access someones application and quickly give an update.

bubbletea
Newly Registered

Post by bubbletea » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:04 am

manoj123 wrote:Have called today to check the status of my application. The lady at the other end kindly refused because it is less than 6 months since I applied.
A friend of mine applied at similar time as myself called them up and the lady said Decision has been made, I think the reason she did not tell you is because your application is still in process, and I wish you don't need to call again and get the letter very soon!!! Best of luck!

elliass
BANNED

Post by elliass » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:54 am

bubbletea wrote:
manoj123 wrote:Have called today to check the status of my application. The lady at the other end kindly refused because it is less than 6 months since I applied.
A friend of mine applied at similar time as myself called them up and the lady said Decision has been made, I think the reason she did not tell you is because your application is still in process, and I wish you don't need to call again and get the letter very soon!!! Best of luck!
I called them 10 days ago, but the advisor told me that mine is under 6 months (3 months and a week) and your application still in the process. The problem is when others called the immigration advisors don't give you a chance to check their system by taking your details, because they ask you when did you submit your application. did she ask you about the time first; when did you submit it? you might submited it long time ago!

Good luck! :)

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:42 am

bubbletea wrote:
I think it is more of a randomness/luck than the actual status of the application..because she did not even bother to take my name/reference to check.

ARPHskp

MN1 + AN

Post by ARPHskp » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:05 am

Submitted MN1 + AN together. I would like to know if my son's registration / citizenship certificate will come directly to me or will it go to council. Please let me know if you got experience

grantring
- thin ice -

Post by grantring » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:30 am

Just called UKBA it sounds more like a call centre now where as before when i have called it sound like just 1 person in a very quite office and the phone was picked up quite quick for 11.28 in the day.

You can get info out of them if you nice and ask the right questions going for a blunt progress update will get you no information

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:10 am

I just called them, got the usual we cant give you any details because it is under 6 months, but he said I can look to see if any letters have been sent to you. He looked but saw no letters had been sent (therefore I know that no decision has been made yet). Maybe this is a better way to ask the advisors, to check if any letters have been sent.

Workingmama thank you so much for writing to your MP, hopefully because you work for a govenement dept. it might have more of an impact.

workingmama
- thin ice -

Post by workingmama » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:40 am

You can get info out of them if you nice and ask the right questions going for a blunt progress update will get you no information
Let me tell you, I have the Institute of Customer Service Award and know exactly how to request info. I was polite as pie and only asked for an update and yet still got no reply. The rest of my questions came after being refused info It has nothing to do with what you ask for it has to do with who you speak to and this is wrong. A service should give the same response no matter who you speak to, it should not be so hit and miss.

grantring
- thin ice -

Post by grantring » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:20 pm

workingmama wrote:
Let me tell you, I have the Institute of Customer Service Award and know exactly how to request info. I was polite as pie and only asked for an update and yet still got no reply. The rest of my questions came after being refused info It has nothing to do with what you ask for it has to do with who you speak to and this is wrong. A service should give the same response no matter who you speak to, it should not be so hit and miss.
Agreed the service should be the same for every one but we all know in the real world its not and just because you have some award does not mean you walk the walk or in this case talk the talk my way works for me so i will keep using it with them i have spoken to them 3 times so far and to different people even a lady who for many posts does not like to given away anything.

if what your claiming is true then at some point i will be refused info and you will be given info only time will tell as i am sure its not the last time i will call them just yet

Also you asked for the update there was your mistake as i said before this will always be refused with the no info before 6 months rule you have to ask around to get bits of info not for a update

workingmama
- thin ice -

Post by workingmama » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:44 pm

Mentioning I had a customer care award was meant as a sarcastic response to the comment about going for a blunt progress report. It was not meant to mean I know better than anyone.

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:50 pm

workingmama wrote:Mentioning I had a customer care award was meant as a sarcastic response to the comment about going for a blunt progress report. It was not meant to mean I know better than anyone.
Well you didn't...but at least someone in this forum has some charm to extract information from UKBA. :wink:

grantring
- thin ice -

Post by grantring » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:29 pm

workingmama wrote:Mentioning I had a customer care award was meant as a sarcastic response to the comment about going for a blunt progress report. It was not meant to mean I know better than anyone.
Maybe your attitude is the problem? they get calls all day long you have to make your call more interesting than the others

blacksta

Post by blacksta » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:49 pm

how does one find out on the outcome of a passport interview

thanks

grantring
- thin ice -

Post by grantring » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:59 pm

blacksta wrote:how does one find out on the outcome of a passport interview

thanks
how long ago was it? you can track your application online via a form

https://forms.direct.gov.uk/forms/form/ ... pplication

blacksta

Post by blacksta » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:09 pm

grantring wrote:
blacksta wrote:how does one find out on the outcome of a passport interview

thanks
how long ago was it? you can track your application online via a form

https://forms.direct.gov.uk/forms/form/ ... pplication
Hi

it was this morning ? is it to early to know

grantring
- thin ice -

Post by grantring » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:26 pm

would think so give them a chance would say check for a update friday
there is no reason why you would not get a passport if you answer the questions with only the truth

blacksta

Post by blacksta » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:50 pm

grantring wrote:would think so give them a chance would say check for a update friday
there is no reason why you would not get a passport if you answer the questions with only the truth
I guess no need to worry - just that some people knew the outcome hours after the interview. Mine is currenlty sayiing examination process