ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP(RC) applications

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mohi
Newly Registered

BRP(RC) applications

Post by mohi » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:38 pm

Hi,

I have applied for change of surname in my Biometric Residence Permit through post by form BRP(RC).Could any one please tell me the processing time for my application and how long will it take to get back my documents as I have to apply for an important exam at the end of March and need to produce my passport/BRP.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

plantagenetgirlchild
Newly Registered

PROCESSING TIME OF APPLICATION FOR CHANGE OF SURNAME IN BRP

Post by plantagenetgirlchild » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:34 pm

I am also waiting for a replacement BRP to reflect my new married name. I applied by post on form BRP(RC) on 2 February. I received my Biometric invitation on 14 March and enrolled my biometrics at the Post Office on the same day. Could anyone out there give an indication of how long it took to receive passport/docs/BRP?

It is so annoying as I have other things still to change into my married name that I need my documents for!

afcdon83

Post by afcdon83 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:54 am

Hi, has anyone had their documents back yet after submitting their BRP(RC) application. Its been almost 5 weeks since I did biometrics and got nothing back. I think they've forgotten about my application

zaheeruk

Hi

Post by zaheeruk » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:01 am

I wish I could help. I applied on 2nd february and I have not got the bioemtric letter yet. I have no idea when they are going to send the letter. Did you get the letter for biometrics at all.

zaheeruk

Hi

Post by zaheeruk » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:02 am

I wish I could help. I applied on 2nd february and I have not got the bioemtric letter yet. I have no idea when they are going to send the letter. Did you get the letter for biometrics at all.

afcdon83

Post by afcdon83 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:33 pm

Are we the only ones waiting for BRP(RC) applications to be processed. Clearly no one else has had issues otherwise they would have posted here like us!!

I still don't have my docs back and it's been exactly 5 weeks since giving biometrics

plantagenetgirlchild
Newly Registered

Post by plantagenetgirlchild » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:44 pm

Actually, the fact that so many people are posting here (with almost exactly the same story, i.e. five weeks between sending in and receiving biometric letter, then a long wait after biometrics) makes me think that the UKBA is just overworked/behind. I saw from the website that for many of the actual permit applications (as opposed to our replacement id cards) they are looking at applications where the person had their biometrics done in mid-Feb! So maybe they are just backlogged with everything.

Still if anyone does get there card (or has done so already, recently) it would be great to know the timeline details! :)

afcdon83

Post by afcdon83 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:57 pm

I mean specifically for BRP(RC) applications. Apart from us lot on this thread, no one else had raised any issues re BRP(RC) applications.

zaheeruk

BRP(RC) Update

Post by zaheeruk » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:37 am

Update from my side.

I finally was able to talk to someone in UKBA. This is what the update they gave me. The case worker has not even bothered to look at my application. The person has put in information now. This is really frustrating. 2 months i have waited and I was told casually that there was a miss.
Anyway the number to call is 0870 606 7766. Select option 4 and then 2. You will only get through to a person on this selection. Do not select the option which says status update.

rajbiometric
Newly Registered

Re: PROCESSING TIME OF APPLICATION FOR CHANGE OF SURNAME IN

Post by rajbiometric » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:18 pm

mohi wrote:Hi,

I have applied for change of surname in my Biometric Residence Permit through post by form BRP(RC).Could any one please tell me the processing time for my application and how long will it take to get back my documents as I have to apply for an important exam at the end of March and need to produce my passport/BRP.

Thanks
hi! I have applied BRP(RC) on 1st feb 2012 & done biometric on 13th march 2012. still waiting for reply from UKBA. can i know did u received ur biometric card or not? if u got plz tell me when u given biometrics & when u received ur biometric card!

Thanks!

rajbiometric
Newly Registered

Post by rajbiometric » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:20 pm

plantagenetgirlchild wrote:I am also waiting for a replacement BRP to reflect my new married name. I applied by post on form BRP(RC) on 2 February. I received my Biometric invitation on 14 March and enrolled my biometrics at the Post Office on the same day. Could anyone out there give an indication of how long it took to receive passport/docs/BRP?

It is so annoying as I have other things still to change into my married name that I need my documents for!
hi! I have applied BRP(RC) on 1st feb 2012 & done biometric on 13th march 2012. still waiting for reply from UKBA. can i know did u received ur biometric card or not? if u got plz tell me when u given biometrics & when u received ur biometric card!

Thanks!

afcdon83

Post by afcdon83 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:25 pm

My timelines as follows for BRP(RC) change in surname.

Application submitted 19 Jan 2012
Biometrics given 23 February 2012
Passport and docs received 12 April (almost 7 weeks after biometrics)
BRP received 13 April

plantagenetgirlchild
Newly Registered

Post by plantagenetgirlchild » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:15 am

Hurrah! :D Someone has finally received their docs and BRP back!! Hopefully the rest of us will start getting ours back again soon too (I'm on five weeks from biometrics)!

ateer

Post by ateer » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:03 am

I submitted my application for BRP(RC) on 21st Jan 2012, gave my biometrics on 28th Feb and I am still waiting to receive my documents back. I would be a clear winner if you're looking for someone whose application has taken over 3 months to process. Is there anyone who waited or still waiting over 2 months to receive their documents back since they submitted their biometrics?

rajbiometric
Newly Registered

Post by rajbiometric » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:16 pm

ateer wrote:I submitted my application for BRP(RC) on 21st Jan 2012, gave my biometrics on 28th Feb and I am still waiting to receive my documents back. I would be a clear winner if you're looking for someone whose application has taken over 3 months to process. Is there anyone who waited or still waiting over 2 months to receive their documents back since they submitted their biometrics?
Hi! I just wanna know that have u received ur biometric or doc back or not?
if received then which date as i am waiting as well

Thanks!

rajbiometric
Newly Registered

Post by rajbiometric » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:36 pm

mohi wrote:Hi,

Thanks

Thanks!

rajbiometric
Newly Registered

Re: Hi

Post by rajbiometric » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:37 pm

zaheeruk wrote:I wish I could help. I applied on 2nd february and I have not got the bioemtric letter yet. I have no idea when they are going to send the letter. Did you get the letter for biometrics at all.

Thanks!

ateer

Post by ateer » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:09 pm

rajbiometric wrote:
ateer wrote:I submitted my application for BRP(RC) on 21st Jan 2012, gave my biometrics on 28th Feb and I am still waiting to receive my documents back. I would be a clear winner if you're looking for someone whose application has taken over 3 months to process. Is there anyone who waited or still waiting over 2 months to receive their documents back since they submitted their biometrics?

Thanks!
When did you submit your application? Have you submitted you biometrics?

rajbiometric
Newly Registered

Post by rajbiometric » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:25 pm

ateer wrote:
rajbiometric wrote:

Thanks!
When did you submit your application? Have you submitted you biometrics?
Application submitted on 1st feb 2012 & biometric given on 13th march 2012...

ateer

Post by ateer » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:44 pm

rajbiometric, you might have to wait. I am still waiting to receive my docs back since submitting my biometrics on 28th Feb. Am I the only one waiting?

zaheeruk

Post by zaheeruk » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:20 am

Shocking guys

I got my passport last week. I gave my biometrics on 21st April. Ofcourse it took UKBA two months to send me the biometrics letter. Waiting for my card.

plantagenetgirlchild
Newly Registered

Post by plantagenetgirlchild » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:51 am

21 April (not 21 March)?

zaheeruk

Post by zaheeruk » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:14 am

yes in april. Actually not 21st bu 19th April. But note that I got my biometrics letter 2 months after i applied for RC. so the timeframe is teh same. note i have not got my cards yet.

plantagenetgirlchild
Newly Registered

Post by plantagenetgirlchild » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:40 am

Well, that's still pretty good actually! It took 5 weeks for them to send my biometrics letter, and I am now on six weeks since biometrics and I haven't got anything back yet! :x

zaheeruk

Post by zaheeruk » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:15 pm

Youy might get your docs back in another 2 weeks. It is taking 8 weeks after biometrics. In my case, no idea how they are handling it.