ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRL - Anyone got decission on EU1 residence application?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dsab85

IRL - Anyone got decission on EU1 residence application?

Post by dsab85 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:59 am

Hello,

with Interest i have read a few of the recent topics related to the EU1 residence application for the spouses of Non-EU citizens.

Has anyone already gotten a decission? I am just curious, as I am currently waiting for my wifes to come through, and it seems to take forever:

My story is as follows:
I know my wife for more then 5 years, she had been visiting Ireland on Tourist Visas in the past, and in July we finally got married in her home country. Due to some needed and not available paperwork we knew in advance that the marriage would not be legally recognised here, and so we already applied for an appointment to serve notice in april. We received an appointment in september.

In her home country she applied for a visa with the Reason"Marriage". She was issued with a 3 month tourist visa.

She arrived here in July. In the first week we went to the Immigration Office in Dublin, where they told us that we have to apply with the EU1 form. As we had all the papers together (previous Visas, Relationship History, Photos of our wedding in her home country, our wedding invitations, copies of partner Credit Cards, Phone Bills, Letters, copies of Notice form from Dublin Registrar office etc.) we applied the next day.

- Applied with EU1 form at the end of July 2006
- We never received the Receipt confirmation, but we know they received
it
- got passports returned on request
- got 69 number via Phone
- got married in Ireland in October
- sent in Marriage certificate as further supporting evidence

and now we are waiting. By our calculation we could wait until the end of January (full 6 months), but my wife is already getting bored to death.

The Visa has run out, but according to Immigration she can stay until EU1 has been processed, but the Visa cannot be extended. In addition to that we cannot leave the country to go on honeymoon, as they won't issue her with a re-entry permit, as she has no green card yet. Pain in the backside the whole thing...

Did anyone apply via the EU1 procedure and already got approved? What was your timeline?

Thanks for your input...

DSAB

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:21 pm

Where are you and your wife from? Out of curiousity, why did you apply for a Tourist visa. If you are an EU citizen, you were entitled to apply for a D-Spouse visa which would have allowed her have a longer stay and re-entry rights for Ireland

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:30 pm

I am german and my wife is thai.

We tried to apply for the D-Spouse Visa. According to the Thai Consulate in Bangkok we couldn't apply for the D-Spouse visa, as we were not legally married at the time we applied for the visa.

They told us we could only apply for a tourist visa. So that's what we did.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:10 am

Hi dsab85,
Yeah, that's right. You have to be married for this visa. Maybe someone will respond, but from previous posts, I dont think anyone on this forum has had their EU1 application approved yet. This was only implemented in May, and the expected timeline is 6 months, so the first applications would probably only be being accepted now. That is if it realy only takes 6 months.
Best of luck with it ..

rafo
Newly Registered

Post by rafo » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:09 pm

In the meantime, while waiting for the EU1 be processed, what are the spouse's rights in Ireland?

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:13 pm

If they entered on a C-Tourist visa, then they just have tourist rights, e.g. travel etc. But they don't have rights to work, get a GNIB Registration Card, a Re-Entry visa etc.

infinita
Newly Registered

Post by infinita » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:07 pm

well well,I submitted my application of Form EU1 in the middle of June.No any response yet.I called the immgration office (#3-#3) they told me that it's still in process.According to what the GNIB officer told me, I can lawfully remain in Ireland but I cannot leave here,since i need that EU residence card which serves as a Re-entry visa.

Besides,before i entered ireland,my 69- immigration file has already be built and all the original documentation was investigated (include both passport,marriage cert,rent book,employer details,etc.) I cannot understand why they need do it again.And even with my already-approved file,I have been waiting for nearly 5 months.

dsab85: how do u contact the EU treaty rights sections? When I called the immigration,I cannot talk to someone really in charge of EU treaty.

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:36 pm

We called them via 1890-551 500 and then press 3 and next option choose 3 again.

They only answer the phone MO/WE/FR from 10-12.30 and 14.00-16.00, I think.

In our case it is especially depressing as my wife just got offered a (rare) job in her line of work, but the company won't be able to hold the position until end of Jamuary.

According to the EU section, by law they have to decide on the application within 6 months from the day they receive the application. So in our case that will be 31st of January, I think...

Can't even fly home to spend XMAS with my family, as she can't leave the country. Such a stupid system.

dnt
Newly Registered

Post by dnt » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:07 pm

My husband and I have never heard of such a retarded, unfair, frustrating, badly organized and time-consuming immgration system before as of Ireland. Getting the D-spouse visa took more than a month for starters. However the trouble began when we actually came to Ireland. I am a non-eu citizen and my husband is an eu-citizen. The 1st 2 months the GNIB kept us waiting while requesting more stuff like insurance ony to tell us that we have to apply to the Dept. of Justice -they even gave that information incorrectly like there's no need to fill out a form-. It is extremely frustrating. We applied in August with the EU-1 form and only received our receipt when we asked for our passports back. The retarded GNIB person told us that I should not work meanwhile. I can't work anyway since I can not get a PPS number. Even after explaining that there are several family emergency situations that would require me to go back to my country, they won't issue a re-entry visa either. We were warned that leaving the country and applying for a new D-spouse visa would be a grave mistake. So we are stuck in this situation and I have no humane rights whatsoever but to live with my husband-which I am grateful for but that's beside the point-. This situation is very depressing and unpleasant. Galway PPS office and Galway Garda are horrible so we don't recommand them at all. The point of explaining our situation is that you guys are not alone. The only solution we can think of is to leave as soon as we can.

infinita
Newly Registered

Post by infinita » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:58 pm

dnt: It took me more than 3 months to get my D visa!!! And I know someone has spent nearly 1 year on the visa.........
you're definitely right that Ireland is not a suitable place for immigration.I am thinking to move to UK.it must be better there.At least as far as immigration system is concerned.

zen63

Post by zen63 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:42 pm

My wife and I applied in the middle of June so we should be hearing back in less than a month.

This is after countless letters, faxes, phone calls. I will post more when our answer is due.

Delirio
Newly Registered

Post by Delirio » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:30 am

hi, this is my first post.
My wife applied with EU1 form on the 26 June and we got a reply today.
5 months.....not bad.....

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:35 am

Great to hear that finally someone got a response. You seem to be the first one on here.

I hope it was a positive one. :D

That means by my calculation my wife should be due somewhere around XMAS/New Year. Could be a nice XMAS pressie for her.

zen63

Post by zen63 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:36 am

Delirio,

I have a few questions, if you have time......

How did they inform you?
Was there anything else with their notification?
Where is your wife from?
Did you call/write them during the process?

Sorry for all the questions - I am going crazy with the wait for my wifes EU1. Congrats on getting yours - its good to know they do actually give them out!!!!

Delirio
Newly Registered

Post by Delirio » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:39 am

It was negative because her "C" visa expired in August and INIS tought she was illegal in the country. But in reality she left Ireland in August and recently granted with a "D Spouse" VISA from Irish Embassy in Italy. Therefore I asked to reconsider their decision, providing supporting documentation. i`ll probably wait other 5 months now.... :)

Delirio
Newly Registered

Post by Delirio » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:43 am

zen63 wrote:Delirio,

I have a few questions, if you have time......

How did they inform you?
Where is your wife from?

Sorry for all the questions - I am going crazy with the wait for my wifes EU1. Congrats on getting yours - its good to know they do actually give them out!!!!
No problem:

How did they inform you?
registered letter
Letter stating the situation and my 69 number
Where is your wife from?
cuba
I called them couple of times to check the application

As I told in my previous post the application was not succesfull due to a miss understanding with INIS. Hope to sort this out soon. But apart from this I beliefve they would have granted the card.

zen63

Post by zen63 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:44 am

I really hope for your sake, and anyone else who could be affected by this that the 'Justice' department dont take a further 5 months on reconsidering the application.

You sound relaxed about it - i would be spitting fire!

Delirio
Newly Registered

Post by Delirio » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:49 am

zen63 wrote:I really hope for your sake, and anyone else who could be affected by this that the 'Justice' department dont take a further 5 months on reconsidering the application.

You sound relaxed about it - i would be spitting fire!
More then relaxed, I am used to it.
Since february last year I am on this mess. I gave up screaming.

zen63

Post by zen63 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:28 am

Hi All,

Today we got our registered letter from the Justice dept. We were waiting 5 months and 1 week from start to finish.

The letter is one and a half pages of jargon that reads like they have declined the residence. However we took the letter to the GNIB in cork, and they confirmed that this was the correct letter.

My wife then got her passport stamped with permission to stay for a further year, and given a residence card.

We still need to get a multivisa to leave the country and come back - but we are told this only takes a couple of days from Dublin.

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO

11.30AM and this scotsman is having a victory beer :D

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:50 am

Congratulations.

Seems they are finally sending out responses. Reliefed to hear that finally someone got a positive response.

infinita
Newly Registered

Post by infinita » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:50 pm

Congratulations!
I sent my EU1 application on the 15th of June and it was received by the immigration on the 19th of June.I didn't receive any reply yet.
According to the length of zen63's process,I hope I will receive that letter soon too.I just checked our mailbox again........waiting........

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:57 pm

zen63: Thats fantastic news. Congrats! It sounds like your wife is the 1st person to have her EU1 application accepted!

Out of curiousity, why was she only issued with a 1 year Stamp 4? I thought the usual was to get a 5 year stamp, or for the period of the passport validity. Can she extend this by simply appearing at the GNIB in a years time and request a renewal?

My husband applied for his Multiple-Entry visa at the GNIB in Dublin in person, and it took all of 3 minutes. They encourage postal applications, so I doubt this will be an issue.

Definitely take time to sit down and have a beer to celebrate, because soon enough (from your other post it sounds like you are there already) you will be on to the next dilema of figuring out how for the 2 of you to travel outside of Ireland!!

zen63

Post by zen63 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:25 pm

The Justice department specified that it had to be a one year stamp 4 for the first entry.

We can renew that locally in Cork for a three year stamp when the current one runs out.

Travelling outside of Ireland is a nightmare. It seems to be nearly as difficult as getting the GNIB card in the first place.

Babstar
Newly Registered

Post by Babstar » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:02 pm

Last edited by Babstar on Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zen63

Post by zen63 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:06 pm

We requested our passports and marriage certificate back about one month into the process - we got them back about 3 weeks after requesting them.

They DO give them back.

I know how you feel about the Honeymoon - we will have waited for nearly 8 months by the time we get to have ours. hang in there though!