ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chipmunk1

Post by chipmunk1 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:52 pm

[quote="blacksta
going by the Naturalisation timeline - you should expect to hear from them in about 2 to 3 months - have you received an acknowledgement yet.[/quote]
Yes, I have received an acknowledgement letter. Since then nothing. Yesterday a man from UKBA told me that they sent me a letter on the 23/04.

blacksta

Post by blacksta » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:00 pm

chipmunk1 wrote:[quote="blacksta
going by the Naturalisation timeline - you should expect to hear from them in about 2 to 3 months - have you received an acknowledgement yet.
Yes, I have received an acknowledgement letter. Since then nothing. Yesterday a man from UKBA told me that they sent me a letter on the 23/04.[/quote]

Patience Patience Patience, Hopefully it is your approval letter. if your letter does not arrive by Next week , i would re contact the UKBA or any another alternative is too contact your local council to find out if they have received instructions to conduct a citizenship ceremony.

blacksta

Post by blacksta » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:01 pm

chipmunk1 wrote:[quote="blacksta
going by the Naturalisation timeline - you should expect to hear from them in about 2 to 3 months - have you received an acknowledgement yet.
Yes, I have received an acknowledgement letter. Since then nothing. Yesterday a man from UKBA told me that they sent me a letter on the 23/04.[/quote]

Patience Patience Patience, Hopefully it is your approval letter. if your letter does not arrive by Next week , i would re contact the UKBA or any another alternative is too contact your local council to find out if they have received instructions to conduct a citizenship ceremony.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:05 pm

blacksta wrote:
cricinfo wrote:
blacksta wrote:What happens if one does not have a successful first passport interview. I can only assume this the case if my case has been referred for further examination checks (whatever that means) or did i choose to attend a dogdy passport interview centre ( i dont trust all these people). In all the questions asked i know i got about three wrong cause i couldnt remember the answers. .
When was your interview ? Did you get an update from IPS ? Normally if your interview is OK then your passport gets printed on the same day or the next day
Interview was on 25/04 - I did contact them- they said it required further examination which i guess it means interview wasnt ok

Getting fed up off the whole thing.
Sorry to hear that. Looks like they need to do some further checks on your application which could take some time. You have to wait patiently as you will get your passport in the end.

blacksta

Post by blacksta » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:11 pm

cricinfo wrote:
blacksta wrote:
cricinfo wrote:
blacksta wrote:What happens if one does not have a successful first passport interview. I can only assume this the case if my case has been referred for further examination checks (whatever that means) or did i choose to attend a dogdy passport interview centre ( i dont trust all these people). In all the questions asked i know i got about three wrong cause i couldnt remember the answers. .
When was your interview ? Did you get an update from IPS ? Normally if your interview is OK then your passport gets printed on the same day or the next day
Interview was on 25/04 - I did contact them- they said it required further examination which i guess it means interview wasnt ok

Sorry to hear that. Looks like they need to do some further checks on your application which could take some time. You have to wait patiently as you will get your passport in the end.
Thanks

considering the large fees one paid - it is just so hard to get information out of them. It is baffling what a further checks could they be doing that was not done before an interview letter was sent out.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:21 pm

blacksta wrote:
cricinfo wrote:
blacksta wrote:
cricinfo wrote:

Thanks

considering the large fees one paid - it is just so hard to get information out of them. It is baffling what a further checks could they be doing that was not done before an interview letter was sent out.
Only 8 fraudulent applicants have been caught by this system since 2007 which has costed millions of pounds. Read this report :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... sters.html

blacksta

Post by blacksta » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:39 pm

LoL

grantring
- thin ice -

Post by grantring » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:46 pm

blacksta wrote:
cricinfo wrote:
blacksta wrote:
cricinfo wrote:

Passport fees are not large

Thanks

blacksta

Post by blacksta » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:47 pm

grantring wrote:
blacksta wrote:
cricinfo wrote:
blacksta wrote:

Thanks

Lol

dont forget the intial £836

grantring
- thin ice -

Post by grantring » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:57 pm

Nothing to do with the passport fee thats you wanting to be a BC

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:46 pm

Hiya Chipmunk, sounds like good news. When did you apply, cos I've got a feeling you applied around the time I did.

So hopefully a letter will be winging its way to me soon!

wezhira
Newly Registered

Post by wezhira » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:56 pm

Below is my timeline to BC

Criteria :: 6 years Indefinite Leave to Enter
Type :: NCS Crawley
Date of submission :: 18/05/2011 through NCS Crawley
Date application received by UKBA :: 19/05/2011
Date of debit of credit card :: 26/05/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :: 30/05/2011 dated 26/05/2011
Date of receipt of approval :: 27/04/2012 dated 20/04/2012
Date of ceremony :: TBC

Update(s)

06/07/2011 - Security Checks before allocation to Case Worker
19/07/2011 - Application Ongoing - no decision has been made.
27/07/2011 - Application Under Consideration
08/08/2011 - With caseworker team - Final Stage of making decision

After exactly 11months, I finally got the brown envlope.

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:26 pm

wezhira wrote:
Wooow!!.. long time indeed. Congrats.

elliass
BANNED

Post by elliass » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:39 pm

manoj123 wrote:
wezhira wrote:
Wooow!!.. long time indeed. Congrats.

Hi all,

I applied on (18 Jan 2012) via NCS based on married to BC and I received my acknowledgment.

At the end of the first month immigration advisor told me that still I didn't have a file in the system. Then I decided to travel for 5 weeks in the begining of the second month after submission to visit my family and I informed UKBA and I sent a letter to them as required (was delivered).

After I came back to UK, I called UKBA to check about my application as I was abroad the lady told me that my application is under consideration. Later (3 weeks) I called UKBA again and a gentleman told that my application is in the process. but he did not give me my status in details as I am still under 6 months, only that mine is in the process. but he does not have an idea when my application could be approved. but I asked him how many weeks more does my application need, he said that it is difficult to know; but it might take 1 month or 2 months no longer but I am not sure about it (Elliass). If what I heard. :?

Now, I might travel for training (proffessional training) for two months abroad.

My question is can my trips (abroad) delay the process of my application?

Unfortunately, I did not ask UKBA about this as they may not answer me. Therefore, can any one please who has good knowledge about Naturalisation to answer me.

Your help will be appreciated! :?

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Passport application

Post by juliajules1979 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:32 am

Hiya

I just wondered when applying for a Britis Passport, is it necessary that the counter signatory needs to provide a written refrence on headed paper?

I have heard a few people mention this and I'm confused.

Many thanks

blacksta

Re: Passport application

Post by blacksta » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:34 am

juliajules1979 wrote:Hiya

I just wondered when applying for a Britis Passport, is it necessary that the counter signatory needs to provide a written refrence on headed paper?

I have heard a few people mention this and I'm confused.

Many thanks
Not necessary - unless they contact the counter signatory and request for letter using a letter head.

Mow12345
Newly Registered

Post by Mow12345 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:26 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iam waiting my naturalisation letter but wondering what is the passport interview.
The people tell me normaly I look older than my real age, some people are like that.
Some people say to me you look 10 yrs older than your real age.
I have my Travel document with my photo on any way.
What do you think can that affect the interview.
Need answer please.

joh118

Post by joh118 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:06 pm

I applied on 16 Feb and still waiting. I have to go abroad for 2 months. If I am correct, I have 90 days to attend a ceremony when the invitation letter arrives. Does that mean if the invitation letter arrives whilst I am away, it should still be OK?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:27 pm

joh118 wrote:I applied on 16 Feb and still waiting. I have to go abroad for 2 months. If I am correct, I have 90 days to attend a ceremony when the invitation letter arrives. Does that mean if the invitation letter arrives whilst I am away, it should still be OK?
See similar question - here.

joh118

Post by joh118 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:34 pm

Jambo wrote:
joh118 wrote:I applied on 16 Feb and still waiting. I have to go abroad for 2 months. If I am correct, I have 90 days to attend a ceremony when the invitation letter arrives. Does that mean if the invitation letter arrives whilst I am away, it should still be OK?
See similar question - here.
Thanks! All good then.

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:24 am

Mow12345 wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iam waiting my naturalisation letter but wondering what is the passport interview.
The people tell me normaly I look older than my real age, some people are like that.
Some people say to me you look 10 yrs older than your real age.
I have my Travel document with my photo on any way.
What do you think can that affect the interview.
Need answer please.
I don't think looking older would be a problem. Have noticed some of my friends from a particular ethnic background look much younger and were asked ID for buying alcohol when they are in their 30s. So IPS officials should be aware of these.

Make sure you answer confidently and don't look nervous/worried. :)

ARPHskp

liverpool citizenship ceremony

Post by ARPHskp » Tue May 01, 2012 10:49 am

does anyone know about ceremony in liverpool, how many times in the month they do, how much does it cost

cricinfo

Re: liverpool citizenship ceremony

Post by cricinfo » Tue May 01, 2012 10:54 am

ARPHskp wrote:how much does it cost
Ceremony cost is included in application fee for naturalization so ceremony is free unless you opt for private ceremony for which you have to pay.

ARPHskp

Post by ARPHskp » Tue May 01, 2012 10:57 am

Thank God ceremony is free (well its included not free lol). Wish passport fee was included as well (but then they will increase fees lol). Does it normally happen twice a month

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:56 am

ARPHskp wrote:Thank God ceremony is free (well its included not free lol). Wish passport fee was included as well (but then they will increase fees lol). Does it normally happen twice a month
It depends on the Council. Was reading Brighton does once a month. Cambridgeshire does weekly. So you might need to ring them.