ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling during BC consideration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

elliass
BANNED

Traveling during BC consideration

Post by elliass » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi all,

I applied on (18 Jan 2012) via NCS based on married to BC and I received my acknowledgment.

At the end of the first month immigration advisor told me that still I didn't have a file in the system. Then I decided to travel for 5 weeks in the begining of the second month after submission to visit my family and I informed UKBA and I sent a letter to them as required (was delivered).

After I came back to UK, I called UKBA to check about my application as I was abroad the lady told me that my application is under consideration. Later (3 weeks) I called UKBA again and a gentleman told that my application is in the process. but he did not give me my status in details as I am still under 6 months, only that mine is in the process. but he does not have an idea when my application could be approved. but I asked him how many weeks more does my application need, he said that it is difficult to know; but it might take 1 month or 2 months no longer but I am not sure about it (Elliass). If what I heard. :?

Now, I might travel for training (proffessional training) for two months abroad.

My question is can my trips (abroad) delay the process of my application?

Unfortunately, I did not ask UKBA about this as they may not answer me. Therefore, can any one please who has good knowledge about Naturalisation to answer me.

Your help will be appreciated! :)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Traveling during BC consideration

Post by Jambo » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:58 pm

elliass wrote: My question is can my trips (abroad) delay the process of my application?
No. It is advisable to have some one checking your post in case the HO writes to you asking for more information (you normally are given 21 says to respond).

elliass
BANNED

Re: Traveling during BC consideration

Post by elliass » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:14 pm

Jambo wrote:
elliass wrote: My question is can my trips (abroad) delay the process of my application?
No. It is advisable to have some one checking your post in case the HO writes to you asking for more information (you normally are given 21 says to respond).
Thank you very much Jambo! :)

Are you one of the BC applicant (Jambo) or UKBA staff; if you don't mind, if you mind no worries :)

Thank you once again! :)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:23 pm

Neither.

I don't think you will find UKBA employees browsing this forum. They are way too busy with handling the BC application ;-)