ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for Joint AN application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rentmeda

Documents for Joint AN application

Post by rentmeda » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:00 am

Hi All,

Just about time again trying to get everything in place for the Naturalisation application. Have a couple of questions?

I received ILR on 10th June 2011 and plan to make application via NCS on 14th June 2012 leaving a couple of days grace period just in case.

1. Is the passport enough for proof of stay in UK for the last 5 yrs. or need to submit letter from present and past employers? I ask this as I am not in touch with my employer from WP period.

2. Plan to send via NCS, was told apart from the LIUK reports also need to bring driving licence and counter part if I have one.

Can Seniors/Members who sent via NCS guide me on the required documents.

Thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:32 am

See last page of the application form for the required evidence. Compared to settlement, evidence required for naturalisation is very light. As you mentioned, a passport in many cases is all that is needed.

* There is no need for letter from employers
* If you provided the LIUK for settlement, there is no need to provide it again. If you used your driving licence for the LIUK test, you will need to bring that with you for the NCS appointment.

rentmeda

Post by rentmeda » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:41 am

Many thanks Jambo will go ahead and book appointment with NCS and begin the waiting game all over again.

dajumper

Post by dajumper » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:32 pm

Last edited by dajumper on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dajumper

Post by dajumper » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:32 pm

rentmeda wrote:Many thanks Jambo will go ahead and book appointment with NCS and begin the waiting game all over again.
Have you even bothered to read the accompanying guide to the form? It it very clear and straight forward.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:31 pm

Hello rentmeda,
I am planing to apply on 8th Jun too so it seems our applications will be almost together.. it is good to have someone applied at the same time so that we can discuss the progress... good luck with the application .. i am too thinking of using NCS. have you booked the appointment? i have not yet.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

rentmeda

Post by rentmeda » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:54 am

Hi Manyaonisland,

I have booked the apoointment for 14th of June via NCS Cambridge. Yeah let us being the waiting game togeather.

rentmeda

Post by rentmeda » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:05 pm

Hi jumper,

No I hope you can read and answer my question then? I know you got all the time...
dajumper wrote:
rentmeda wrote:Many thanks Jambo will go ahead and book appointment with NCS and begin the waiting game all over again.
Have you even bothered to read the accompanying guide to the form? It it very clear and straight forward.

dajumper

Post by dajumper » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:21 am

rentmeda wrote:Hi jumper,

No I hope you can read and answer my question then? I know you got all the time...
dajumper wrote:
If you havent bothered, one must really think if you deserve to be a British citizen.

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:24 pm

I have just applied using NCS on 17th April. I was also asked to bring driving licence (there is no mention in the form) and counterpart along with passports & LITUK pass certificate. The lady in the interview also asked me whether I had any points and it was part of the checklist that they complete during the appointment. So, it seems that even though there is no mention in the form driving licence is a requirement for NCS appointments.

I wonder if there are any members who didn't have it to hand and what the response from NCS was?

rentmeda

Post by rentmeda » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi PG1983,

I have been asked to bring my driving licence as well with the counterpart for NCS appointment. I tried to question it saying it is not mentioned on guide, but she asked me to bring it. So will go ahead and take it. No problem in carrying extra documentation.

Thanks for letting me know anyhow?

dajumper

Post by dajumper » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:11 pm

PG1983 wrote:I have just applied using NCS on 17th April. I was also asked to bring driving licence (there is no mention in the form) and counterpart along with passports & LITUK pass certificate. The lady in the interview also asked me whether I had any points and it was part of the checklist that they complete during the appointment. So, it seems that even though there is no mention in the form driving licence is a requirement for NCS appointments.

I wonder if there are any members who didn't have it to hand and what the response from NCS was?
I applied at a central London NCS just over a week ago and there was no mention of any dl.

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:29 am

Maybe then its only certain NCS offices who have this requirement. They do need to standardise it and avoid confusing applicants.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:14 am

I have booked my appointment in NewBury NCS and the lady specifically told me to get the LIUK original passing letter though I have used the same while applying for ILR. I asked her about Driving license and she mentioned get if you have one (??) so it seems there is no pattern to what they ask.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

rentmeda

Post by rentmeda » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:18 am

I think it depends on the NCS, hence from the inputs from members it is better to take more paperwork to the appointment rather than less and be sorry.

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:52 am

rentmeda wrote:I think it depends on the NCS, hence from the inputs from members it is better to take more paperwork to the appointment rather than less and be sorry.
Always the best and safest option :)

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Wed May 02, 2012 11:18 am

If you used DL for identification purpose for your LIUK test then you have to take DL as well but if you used passport then there is no need to take DL to the NCS.