ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Account in OD and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rubzah
Newly Registered

Account in OD and ILR

Post by rubzah » Fri May 04, 2012 2:45 am

Hi,

I have been on this forum and found it very helpful. I wonder, if I can be advised about one of my query.

I am on HSMP+Tier 1 General Visa. My ILR is due in August 2012. I have no ex-country leave.

The problem is I have recently mortgaged a house. Now since that time my account is going in negative. The salaried and self-employment income is coming in the account. However, the account goes in plus, and then jumps back to minus. The Income band required for ILR is achieving.

Does this have any negative impact on the case. As we all know the having a house mortgaged is a major investment, so I am a bit lacking. I know I will coupe up with the situation.

Need advise, as I am quite destressed at the moment. I will really appreciate the input of moderators or Gurus in this.

Thanks,

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri May 04, 2012 8:40 am

Although there is no mandatory maintenance funds requirements for ILR but it’s nice to have some savings if you can.

But not to worry as I have seen many cases where people got ILRs with their accounts in OD.

I myself didn’t have a huge savings, but still managed to get the ILR.

As long as you score enough points for your salary and you meet all other requirements, you should be fine.

legalalien

Post by legalalien » Fri May 04, 2012 8:59 am

agree with linkers, my account would be overdrawn by no more than 100 a month (my normal buffer) and that did not affect my ILR application.

But I have saved aside in a savings account minimum of £900 for over three months, not for ILR but as a back up plan incase my ILR gets rejected or if for any reason I would need to extend my Tier 1 visa. May I suggest you do the same thing as a just in case measure.

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Fri May 04, 2012 9:39 am

As per rules there is no requirement of any minimum funds. As suggested above I strongly suggest that you should manage some savings to show around 1000 sterling pounds. Legally you are allowed to accept financial help from friends/relatives.