ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my appointment cancelled by UKBA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

mavi
Newly Registered

my appointment cancelled by UKBA

Post by mavi » Wed May 02, 2012 6:48 pm

Hello All,

I was having appointment for PR/ILR at Croydon, on 4th May afternoon,
I got message today that because of some IT issues afternoon appointments are cancelled by UKBA, asking me to rebook or submit by post,

Now there no appointments available un till 31st May, and my visa is also going to expire by same day(31st May).

My question is to all respected members that, if I book my appointment on 31st, and for some reason I didn't get PR/ILR, will there be any time given by home office to apply for work-permit extension.

thanks

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Wed May 02, 2012 6:55 pm

I suggest you dont leave it too late, either post or keep looking for earlier appointments at Croydon and beyond (they do release appointments due to cancellations etc).

raja999

Post by raja999 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:02 pm

i will say go in morning in may 4 to office they might able to see you.

best luck

mavi
Newly Registered

Post by mavi » Wed May 02, 2012 7:25 pm

Tkanks

But for some reason I didn't get PR/ILR, will there be any time given by home office to apply for work-permit extension. Because on 1st June I will be illegal immigrant.

So will there be any time given for reapplication or for extension ?

Regards

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed May 02, 2012 10:30 pm

If I were you, I would be looking at all PEOs and won’t mind travelling to anywhere I get the appointment.

ajs

Post by ajs » Thu May 03, 2012 10:24 am

keep trying for early appointment in croydon, u'll find one

and if u can travel to any other location, then glasgow u'll find an appointment easily. but bear in mind if limited or self employed, then glasgow might not process ur case

imran22
Member of Standing

Re: my appointment cancelled by UKBA

Post by imran22 » Thu May 03, 2012 10:28 am

mavi wrote:Hello All,

I was having appointment for PR/ILR at Croydon, on 4th May afternoon,
I got message today that because of some IT issues afternoon appointments are cancelled by UKBA, asking me to rebook or submit by post,

Now there no appointments available un till 31st May, and my visa is also going to expire by same day(31st May).

My question is to all respected members that, if I book my appointment on 31st, and for some reason I didn't get PR/ILR, will there be any time given by home office to apply for work-permit extension.

thanks
Hi Mavi,

Did you call them to double check that your appointment is cancelled? I saw some post few days back where someone called them to double check if the appointment was actually cancelled only to be told that they sent the message accidentally and they should still attend the PEO for their appointment.

I would recommend to double check with them by calling them if you haven’t done so yet.

krthk.s

Post by krthk.s » Thu May 03, 2012 4:02 pm

raja999 wrote:i will say go in morning in may 4 to office they might able to see you.

best luck
I agree. If I were you, I would pretend I did not get the text and walk in on the date. How can they predict IT issues? May be it would have been fixed by then.

I am suspecting they are cancelling to make up for other backlogs and to give appointments for others who were sent back.

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Thu May 03, 2012 4:10 pm

from this article http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=101990 it looks like they are reducing the number of appointments until 18th of May as the system cant coupe with the current numbers....they shouldnt call it premium then should they....

krthk.s

Post by krthk.s » Thu May 03, 2012 4:11 pm

legalalien wrote:from this article http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=101990 it looks like they are reducing the number of appointments until 18th of May as the system cant coupe with the current numbers....they shouldnt call it premium then should they....
exactly, reading the article made me wonder how they can reduce the number of appointments? wont they all be booked now. blame IT issues and cancel more appointments?

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu May 03, 2012 4:37 pm

I was at Croydon and was "sent back" due to IT Issue.
They gave some people who had "genuine" urgency another appointment in next few days may be from "some special availability" (read from the slots which were made available by sending cancellation text/emails to others).

Hopefully something will give now as media has picked up the story.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

dehjet

Post by dehjet » Thu May 03, 2012 4:46 pm

i was at croydon today as well , they are not rescheduling the appointments.we have been told to go through the process and re-book.

I have urgency (since my visa expires before I can secure another appointment and I don't want to wait 6 months for it) but I didn't see they scheduled anyone's appointment for the next few days, do I miss anything ?

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu May 03, 2012 4:50 pm

I did see at least 2 people were given alternate appointment.
Of course everyone has "urgency" as for ILR you can apply only 28 days before your 5 year stay and for many people that will also be the visa expiry date, so realistically you cannot get another appointment if you go through the system again (re-book) as all appointments are gone soon after they are released.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

dehjet

Post by dehjet » Thu May 03, 2012 4:59 pm

i wonder what were these guys' urgency, it's not fair not rescheduling appointments, even though I read on the forum that they have cancelled other's as well. were you able to get another appointment ?

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu May 03, 2012 5:09 pm

Of course not.

I do not work in "drama" and cannot "act" to prove UKBA staff that if you donot provide the alternate appointment it is end of the world for me :evil:

I didn't say a single word to the case worker, as they had already announed that they will issue refund and one has to re-book appointment.

Just collected the refund form with her signature and wnet to payment counter to collect the refund to my credit card.

That was all....

RazaRock
Newly Registered

Post by RazaRock » Fri May 04, 2012 10:36 am

Hi All,
Yesterday I had the same problem. I was at croyden office for my file submition. They took the fees and register us for bio metrics. But after that they had some rubish system failur issue and they cant complete the process. They have cancelled everyones appointment and didnt provide any alternate for that. And ask to re book the appointment they will post new appointments for upcomming week. I have checked online but nutting has turned up which is absolutely rubish. Now I have to send it by post as my visa is expiring in next week,

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:39 pm

Don't think any new appointments will be released for next couple of weeks. as the capcacity they have are all bookedup upto 42 days in advance.

You have to just keep trying as if someone cancels any appointment that slot will be re-available for someone else to book.