ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-2 family maintenance by the A rated employer: confused

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

doc44
- thin ice -

Tier-2 family maintenance by the A rated employer: confused

Post by doc44 » Fri May 04, 2012 2:13 pm

Confused re: if my employer can certify maintenance for my dependant wife and daughter. Policy states (copied below) that family maintenance can only be certified if the family is applying at the same time as that of the Tier 2 migrant. I am in UK on tier 2 and my family is about to apply for entry clearance from back home.

Experts, please throw some light on this. Can My employer not certify their maintenance? or is this the mistake in the guidance notes? My employer has already checked the maintenance question in COS. I want them to certify the maintenance but am now confused after reading the guidance. Please advise. Thanks.

EVIDENCE OF CERTIFYING MAINTENANCE FOR FAMILY MEMBERS OF TIER 2 MIGRANTS

92. The If family members are making their application at the same time as the Tier 2 Migrant, then A-rated sponsors are able to certify the maintenance of the family member either by confirming this on the Tier 2 Migrant’s Certificate of Sponsorship or by providing a letter.

83A. If family members are making their application at the same time as the Tier 2 Migrant and the A-rated sponsor is certifying maintenance on the Certificate of Sponsorship, then the family member does not need to send us any documents for maintenance. We will take this information from the Certificate of Sponsorship.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri May 04, 2012 4:21 pm

see the PBS (Dependant) Policy Guidance paragraphs 48-51:

When a family member of a Tier 2 Migrant applies separately from the main applicant he/she will always need to have the necessary funds to meet the maintenance requirement or have a written undertaking from an A-rated Sponsor.

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Fri May 04, 2012 9:35 pm

manci wrote:see the PBS (Dependant) Policy Guidance paragraphs 48-51:

When a family member of a Tier 2 Migrant applies separately from the main applicant he/she will always need to have the necessary funds to meet the maintenance requirement or have a written undertaking from an A-rated Sponsor.
Thanks for the clarification. Was confused a bit.