ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP time to receive in hand

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sojan

BRP time to receive in hand

Post by sojan » Sat May 05, 2012 6:29 am

Hi Folks
Two quick queries
1. How long it will take the Biometric card to reach us once ILR/FLR(M) is approved?

2. What maximum can we wait before we need to apply for FLR(M)? Say the main applicant got ILR today. Can we apply the FLR(M) after 28days? (Spouse is T1 dependent and visa valid for another 120 days)

Thanks in advance

nnj10

Re: BRP time to receive in hand

Post by nnj10 » Sat May 05, 2012 6:39 am

sojan wrote:Hi Folks
Two quick queries
1. How long it will take the Biometric card to reach us once ILR/FLR(M) is approved?
I think it says, you should receive BRP within 10 working days.

2. What maximum can we wait before we need to apply for FLR(M)? Say the main applicant got ILR today. Can we apply the FLR(M) after 28days? (Spouse is T1 dependent and visa valid for another 120 days)
You need to apply before spouse's visa expires.
I don't think you need to wait for BRP, to get spouse's FLR(M).
As long as you have your ILR approval letter, you should be able to apply for FLR (M) with that letter as basis of main applicant's ILR.

Thanks in advance
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

sojan

Post by sojan » Sat May 05, 2012 6:50 am

Thanks mate.

Actually my wife has to write English language test or get verified by UK NARIC about her degree is taught in English. Hence we wanted to have some time.
Seems UK NARIC takes 10-15 working days to process it which translates to a month in worse case.

Hence was asking if 30days after ILR is Ok to apply for FLR(M)