ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

November Applications and before: some tips

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Sat May 05, 2012 10:02 am

AlexS wrote:Finally! I received the approval letter this morning! It came in the Special Delivery prepaid envelope I sent to them, together with the additional documents they asked about two weeks ago.

Now to book the ceremony!
Congratulation :D

elliass
BANNED

BC

Post by elliass » Sat May 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Hi all,

I applied for BC in mid of last Jan/2012. I called to inform them that I am going abroad for a month they asked me for my details to record my trip but the lady found out nothing in the system (still no file in the system) so she asked me to send a letter about the trip.

After I came back to UK called them to check whether UKBA received my letter the lady told me that it is recieved and my application is under consideration. 3 weeks later I called to get status the gentlman told me that my application is in the process but without any additional information provided by the advisor. I asked him franckly how many weeks more might take mine to be processed he said that It is defficult to know but it might take a month or two months more no longer. But I am not sure about what he said. Maybe only guessing.

A few days ago I called UKBA again and I asked them about my application but no luck to get any status because I am still under six months.

In this case I will wait till I pass 6 months then I will called them to get update about my application.

Thank you for reading my case and good luck all of you! :)

iTSPossible
Newly Registered

was it necessary to inform them

Post by iTSPossible » Sun May 06, 2012 11:19 pm

I assume once you submit your application and dont leave atleast 5 working days after it thats alright, after that you can leave for 1 month or so, and dont need to inform them,

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Tue May 08, 2012 2:23 pm

AlexS wrote:27/4: Today, I finally received the letter (dated 23/4) asking for more documentation.
Congrat mate

finally your trip is over

tomorrow exactly 6 months for me still NOTHING

Have a good day :-)

elliass
BANNED

Post by elliass » Tue May 08, 2012 3:26 pm

Blackhole wrote:
AlexS wrote:27/4: Today, I finally received the letter (dated 23/4) asking for more documentation.
Congrat mate

Did you cantact UKBA about your application to get update? or you are planning to contact them after passing six months.

I hope you will get it soon! I applied in mid of Jan/2012 no news :(

Good luck Blackhole! :)

AlexS

Post by AlexS » Tue May 08, 2012 10:50 pm

Blackhole wrote:
Congrat mate

Thanks Blackhole. Well, if it's 6 months now, you can start calling them every day until they give you a proper answer!
Good luck!
-----
Alex

burtsbee
- thin ice -

Posted this before in wrong thread

Post by burtsbee » Wed May 09, 2012 11:47 am

Someone I know applied in December 2011 - just don't jump on me - you know who - "forum police" particular member and I don't mean moderators or admin, just because it's a December application please, thank you.

They waited 5 months, rang to ask for documents to be returned as they needed ID, hoping for the approval decision to come along with the docs. Docs were sent back, but no decision. After 5 months. The wait is still on. How disappointing.
Anyone had the same situation? Thanks.

BB

Blackhole

Re: Posted this before in wrong thread

Post by Blackhole » Thu May 10, 2012 12:08 pm

burtsbee wrote:Someone I know applied in December 2011 - just don't jump on me - you know who - "forum police" particular member and I don't mean moderators or admin, just because it's a December application please, thank you.

They waited 5 months, rang to ask for documents to be returned as they needed ID, hoping for the approval decision to come along with the docs. Docs were sent back, but no decision. After 5 months. The wait is still on. How disappointing.
Anyone had the same situation? Thanks.

BB
here is on 6 months plus

also there is two or three guys from OCT, NOV club still waiting

so you are not a lone

burtsbee
- thin ice -

Post by burtsbee » Thu May 10, 2012 1:47 pm

Thank you, Blackhole, it is a very stressful time, and there seems to be no method in this madness. I, myself, was quite lucky as I got my BC within around 2 months of applying, but this person I know doesn't seem to be so lucky.

Shame they wouldn't give you any updates, let alone an apology for going over 6 months...... Good luck to you and all the others that are waiting.

Anyone rang UKBA recently?

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Thu May 10, 2012 2:15 pm

burtsbee wrote:Thank you, Blackhole, it is a very stressful time, and there seems to be no method in this madness. I, myself, was quite lucky as I got my BC within around 2 months of applying, but this person I know doesn't seem to be so lucky.

Shame they wouldn't give you any updates, let alone an apology for going over 6 months...... Good luck to you and all the others that are waiting.

Anyone rang UKBA recently?
thanks mate

tried to call today and call centre is down

gonna write to my MP tomorrow

guess nothing else I can do :-(

burtsbee
- thin ice -

Post by burtsbee » Thu May 10, 2012 2:30 pm

I think they are on a strike today. Well that's just a cherry on the cake :evil:

workingmama
- thin ice -

Post by workingmama » Thu May 10, 2012 5:06 pm

I think they are on a strike today. Well that's just a cherry on the cake
Yes they were supposed to be but not sure if strike actually went ahead. Normally we strike at the same time but we were not called out this time and it was not definate the others would be going ahead with it either including UKBA (I actually hate striking as it gets nothing sorted, but have no choice because normally my daughters school is closed so have to stay home)

goonzilla
Newly Registered

Post by goonzilla » Wed May 16, 2012 3:25 pm

Anything new?

burtsbee
- thin ice -

Post by burtsbee » Wed May 16, 2012 4:38 pm

goonzilla wrote:Anything new?
When have you applied Goonzilla?
No, no news :(

goonzilla
Newly Registered

Post by goonzilla » Wed May 16, 2012 5:21 pm

Nov. 28th. Nothing here either!

I used to think 'hopefully I'll get it in two months or so...3 mths and a half worst-case scenario'...oh what a reality check this has been!

rad
BANNED

Post by rad » Wed May 16, 2012 8:07 pm

goonzilla wrote:Nov. 28th. Nothing here either!

I used to think 'hopefully I'll get it in two months or so...3 mths and a half worst-case scenario'...oh what a reality check this has been!
I applied for BC on 21 Jan 2012, still no news guys! no letter :(

Finger crossed and goodluck guys! :)

goonzilla
Newly Registered

Post by goonzilla » Thu May 17, 2012 2:52 pm

Finally got it today! Letter dated 14/05.
Around 10 days short of 6 months, big sigh of relief!

Called council but they have no record of it yet, and told me to call back tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone else

burtsbee
- thin ice -

Post by burtsbee » Thu May 17, 2012 2:56 pm

Wow! Goonzilla, You must be the 5th or 6th approved person on the forum today! Congratulations to all of you, and keep your fingers crossed for the rest of us waiting!

AlexS

Post by AlexS » Thu May 17, 2012 5:54 pm

Congrats Goonzilla!
-----
Alex

goonzilla
Newly Registered

Post by goonzilla » Thu May 17, 2012 8:57 pm

Thanks! :)

rad
BANNED

Post by rad » Thu May 17, 2012 9:02 pm

goonzilla wrote:Finally got it today! Letter dated 14/05.

Called council but they have no record of it yet, and told me to call back tomorrow.

Congratulations Goonzilla! :)

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Fri May 18, 2012 8:50 am

goonzilla wrote:Finally got it today! Letter dated 14/05.

CONGRAT GOONZILLA

ALL OVER NOW

HERE NOTHING YET :-(

goonzilla
Newly Registered

Post by goonzilla » Fri May 18, 2012 11:10 am

Thanks guys.

My experience is the less you think about it/expect it, is when you exactly get it! Hang in there, I'm sure you'll get them soon.

sweetness

Post by sweetness » Fri May 18, 2012 11:52 pm

Hi, i have read many of your comments regarding BC and would like to congratulate those who havevrecieved theres!

However, i would like to share something with you.

My husband applied for british citizenship in mid june 2011. An acknowledgement letter was sent to us mid july 2011. The payment was also taken. It has now been 11 months yet no reply from the HO regarding the application of british citizenship. In january 2012, we sent a letter asking whether they have sent anything which we might have not recieved or it might have got lost in the post. A member of staff from the HO called and replied to the letter saying that an investigation is being made in the application and therefore it could take more months. They cannot specify how long it would take.

We also tried calling the HO a several time, but everytime we call, we cannot get through to an advisor to ask about the application process, the call disconnects automatically after giving out information, hence we sent a letter in January.

So yeh its almost coming upto 12 months, yet no reply!! Feeling very frustrated now!

ana ali

we are still waiting for bc for last one year

Post by ana ali » Sat May 19, 2012 10:22 am

hello , sweetness we are on the same boat ......... my brother has applied in may 2011 through lawyer but still no reply from home office. we are very worried. what should we do .......... no solution we have to wait to .............its very painful time ......