ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel after application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

addh
- thin ice -

Travel after application

Post by addh » Tue May 08, 2012 3:37 pm

Hi
I have my NCS appointment on 6 June and I might need to travel on 14 June. Would that be a problem?

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:55 pm

I think NCS advise/recommend not to travel for a week after applying. There are lots of threads with useful comments on the same topic.

addh
- thin ice -

Post by addh » Tue May 08, 2012 4:11 pm

manoj123 wrote:I think NCS advise/recommend not to travel for a week after applying. There are lots of threads with useful comments on the same topic.
In that case, I shud be fine. Thanks

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Wed May 09, 2012 8:39 am

You are legally required to be in the country at the point that the Home Office receive your application. To ensure this happens the NCS service normally say you shouldnt travel for 5 days after submitting your papers just to be sure that if there is a delay in the post etc that you are still here when it hits the HO.

That said, what level of checks are done to ensure you have complied with the requirement is another question.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Wed May 09, 2012 12:28 pm

friendinneed wrote:You are legally required to be in the country at the point that the Home Office receive your application. To ensure this happens the NCS service normally say you shouldnt travel for 5 days after submitting your papers just to be sure that if there is a delay in the post etc that you are still here when it hits the HO.

That said, what level of checks are done to ensure you have complied with the requirement is another question.
The important point here, as friendinneed says, is that it's the Home Office's receiving the application that is the important thing – not the date that you submit it via the NCS or consign it to the post.