ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bangashk

Post by bangashk » Tue May 08, 2012 12:03 pm

dude, go a head and let us know what they come up with. As workingmama mentioned previously most of their replies are rhetoric! They only give you proper reply when ask about numbers i mean statistics.

grantring
- thin ice -

Post by grantring » Tue May 08, 2012 12:06 pm

worth a go as the system as they are running it is not helping anyone apps should be processed in the order they come in if some take longer due to checks then fine but to process at random for £800 Plus is not expectable for a free service for small fee then it would be ok

workingmama
- thin ice -

Post by workingmama » Tue May 08, 2012 12:27 pm

Both incorrect they can send Urgent emails to people to chase up if you request them to and give a good reason. i think the only way to understand the ful process chain would be a freedom of information request and see if they give the info out as we are all just guessing the process line.
I have read the Freedom of Info request reply that was given to someone who asked how the process worked. They claim form comes in, date stamped, money taken then passed to caseworker (IN DATE ORDER) and then its processed.

I doubt very much they email caseworkers especially not at the request of an applicant unless it was something very critical.

grantring
- thin ice -

Post by grantring » Tue May 08, 2012 12:42 pm

workingmama wrote:
Both incorrect they can send Urgent emails to people to chase up if you request them to and give a good reason. i think the only way to understand the ful process chain would be a freedom of information request and see if they give the info out as we are all just guessing the process line.
I have read the Freedom of Info request reply that was given to someone who asked how the process worked. They claim form comes in, date stamped, money taken then passed to caseworker (IN DATE ORDER) and then its processed.

I doubt very much they email caseworkers especially not at the request of an applicant unless it was something very critical.
So if you think they are done in date order why some take 1 month and others take over?

case in point look at the time line some one just had it processed in 1 month applying 1 month after my wife yet my wifes app has only just made it onto the main system after a chase email from the contact team last week as they said it should be there after 7 weeks so then maybe we need to split it down to nationality?

Why say they are not processed in order?

burtsbee
- thin ice -

Post by burtsbee » Tue May 08, 2012 12:52 pm

Someone I know applied in December 2011, waited 5 months, rang to ask for documents to be returned as the needed ID, hoping for the approval decision to come along with the docs. Docs were sent back, but no decision. After 5 months. The wait is still on. How disappointing :(
Anyone had the same situation? Thanks.

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:44 pm

Have talked to my manager regarding in processing timeline inconsistency and refuse to give information in less than 6months period. He is going to talk to our local MP during the meeting scheduled next week.

Don't think a mention to one MP would make a difference but I wanted to take it to someone's attention.

sheryar.uk
Newly Registered

British Passport Application Documents

Post by sheryar.uk » Tue May 08, 2012 1:44 pm

HI,
I recently recieved my Naturalisation approval and Ceremoney to be held on 14th May 2012.
Just want to ask you what documents do i need to send to IPS in addition to the british citizenship certificate???

azaankhan
Newly Registered

Re: British Passport Application Documents

Post by azaankhan » Tue May 08, 2012 3:29 pm

sheryar.uk wrote:HI,
I recently recieved my Naturalisation approval and Ceremoney to be held on 14th May 2012.
Just want to ask you what documents do i need to send to IPS in addition to the british citizenship certificate???
Congratulations!

Documents you need to submit are:
(a) Completed application form with counter signatures
(b) Two passport size photographs ONLY one of which should be certified by the counter signatory
(c) Your original Certificate of Naturalisation
(d) Your foreign passport(s) (if any)

sheryar.uk
Newly Registered

Documents required?

Post by sheryar.uk » Tue May 08, 2012 3:53 pm

Azaankhan! Thank you yaar for the information and congratulations to you as well for your approval.

Could you please clarify one more thing...Do i need to send my all foriegn passport, as i came to UK 11 years ago or would that be fine just to send the one i have currently? I called IPS and they said to send foriegn passport on which i entered first time in the UK. I am getting confused.

Thanks again Azaan Khan :-)

workingmama
- thin ice -

Post by workingmama » Tue May 08, 2012 4:04 pm

Have talked to my manager regarding in processing timeline inconsistency and refuse to give information in less than 6months period. He is going to talk to our local MP during the meeting scheduled next week.

Don't think a mention to one MP would make a difference but I wanted to take it to someone's attention.
My manager also thinks the whole system is disorganised especially about the lack of info given out and we are both government staff and never come across this kind of service before.
I hope to grab an MP or two for a chat soon when I help out at our City Assembly as they always attend. Im going to tell them what a crap service it is for £800 plus and ask if they can raise the issues. If not I will be emailing. I have emailed Damien Green Minister for Immigration with my concerns, but no reply so far.

workingmama
- thin ice -

Post by workingmama » Tue May 08, 2012 4:10 pm

So if you think they are done in date order why some take 1 month and others take over?

case in point look at the time line some one just had it processed in 1 month applying 1 month after my wife yet my wifes app has only just made it onto the main system after a chase email from the contact team last week as they said it should be there after 7 weeks so then maybe we need to split it down to nationality?

I do not think they are done in date order, that is blatently obvious, but that was the reply given by UKBA to someone who asked the same questions we all have.
I have raised a freedom of info request myself asking about this date order rubbish so will see if they say the same.

Even after my husband finally gets his citizenship I intend to continue trying to get someone at UKBA to realise the current system is unfair and if they are charging a fee then the applicant should expect decent service and updates. What makes me mad about all this is where I work we get our backsides kicked if we take too long to sort something out or we do not help the public with giving info in regards to their issue/case and we do not charge for the service. When MP enquiries come in, everyone jumps and gets the problem sorted but this does not seem to be the case at UKBA.

azaankhan
Newly Registered

Re: Documents required?

Post by azaankhan » Tue May 08, 2012 6:25 pm

sheryar.uk wrote:Azaankhan! Thank you yaar for the information and congratulations to you as well for your approval.

Could you please clarify one more thing...Do i need to send my all foriegn passport, as i came to UK 11 years ago or would that be fine just to send the one i have currently? I called IPS and they said to send foriegn passport on which i entered first time in the UK. I am getting confused.

Thanks again Azaan Khan :-)
Thanks.

As per passport application guideline booklet ".....you must give details of your current passport (if you have one), and any previous, lost or stolen passports. This includes passports you are included on or were included on (for example, as a child) and passports issued by other countries. With your application you must send us any passport which is current or which is no longer valid but has not been replaced. If you don't, this will delay your application."

If you do not have any travel plans in the next 4-6 weeks, I would recommend you to forward all previous passports (valid / invalid / replaced or not replaced). I don't think more information will cause any delay but less information most likely will lead to further inquiries. I sent all my 3 previous (foreign, feels strange to now call them foreign) passports with my application.

sheryar.uk
Newly Registered

Documents

Post by sheryar.uk » Tue May 08, 2012 7:24 pm

Azaan khan!
Thank you for giving the information , I think
I will send my all the previous passports so that it doesn't delay the application.
How long it took your application to be processed for British passport?
Also , do I need to give my grand parets details ?
Thank you again Azaan khan!

cricinfo

Re: Documents

Post by cricinfo » Tue May 08, 2012 8:29 pm

sheryar.uk wrote:Azaan khan!
I will send my all the previous passports so that it doesn't delay the application.
You have to send all of your passports. If you have become citizen through naturalization then there is no need to give your grand parents detail. This is for people who claim citizenship through parents.

azaankhan
Newly Registered

Post by azaankhan » Tue May 08, 2012 9:03 pm

sheryar.uk wrote:Azaan khan!
Since you are obtaining passport via naturalisation you do not need to provide details of grand parents as cricinfo answered. This is also explained on Page 15 of the guidance booklet.

Re my application, I am awaiting response from IPS.
Last edited by azaankhan on Tue May 08, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Tue May 08, 2012 9:04 pm

cricinfo wrote: You have to send all of your passports.
Why all? That text in bold couple of posts up only mentions valid one, or not valid that hasn't been replaced.

madihi
Newly Registered

Post by madihi » Wed May 09, 2012 11:21 am

hi there, I finally received my citizenship invitation letter after 4 long months. however, they made a mistake on my birth date. on the letter, they are saying that you can go the ceremony shuold there be any mistake but you need to re-send the certificate to the UK Border Agency which could take weeks if not months again. Anayone had that kind of issue before????

grantring
- thin ice -

Post by grantring » Wed May 09, 2012 11:29 am

madihi wrote:hi there, I finally received my citizenship invitation letter after 4 long months. however, they made a mistake on my birth date. on the letter, they are saying that you can go the ceremony shuold there be any mistake but you need to re-send the certificate to the UK Border Agency which could take weeks if not months again. Anayone had that kind of issue before????
You need to call them and have it corrected there should be zero mistakes on the certificate.

madihi
Newly Registered

Post by madihi » Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

do you think they would be more reactive on that kind of issues?

madihi
Newly Registered

Post by madihi » Wed May 09, 2012 12:20 pm

and can we go physically to their office>?

grantring
- thin ice -

Post by grantring » Wed May 09, 2012 12:24 pm

madihi wrote:and can we go physically to their office>?
Dont think they would let you in at Liverpool just call them and stop guessing what they will do talk to them and you will have all the answers

grantring
- thin ice -

Post by grantring » Wed May 09, 2012 2:54 pm

workingmama wrote:

I do not think they are done in date order, that is blatently obvious, but that was the reply given by UKBA to someone who asked the same questions we all have.
I have raised a freedom of info request myself asking about this date order rubbish so will see if they say the same.

Even after my husband finally gets his citizenship I intend to continue trying to get someone at UKBA to realise the current system is unfair and if they are charging a fee then the applicant should expect decent service and updates. What makes me mad about all this is where I work we get our backsides kicked if we take too long to sort something out or we do not help the public with giving info in regards to their issue/case and we do not charge for the service. When MP enquiries come in, everyone jumps and gets the problem sorted but this does not seem to be the case at UKBA.

I have gone done the priority route to see what happens as per there policy and law section on there web site will see what the response is when they email back

joh118

Post by joh118 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:01 am

anyone still waiting from the February pool?

Kam348

Post by Kam348 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:14 am

joh118 wrote:anyone still waiting from the February pool?
yes Joh118, I am with you ..... applied on 10th Feb and still waiting ....

Goodluck .......

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:23 am

Me too applied 28th Feb and still waiting