ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

retwhite
- thin ice -

Passport

Post by retwhite » Fri May 11, 2012 12:13 pm

Hiya

I am applying for a British Passport on the basis that I have receieved naturalisation through marriage to my British Wife. Do I need to give details of my Grandparents in the application. I did not recieve naturalisation due to any family backgrond linked to the UK. If I do not need to provide these details ahould I make refrence to it in any section.

Many thanks

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Fri May 11, 2012 12:19 pm

No you dont, only if you are claiming you are automatically british by hereditary do you, or at least more accurately, we didnt put anything about grandparents and did get the passport and no questions were raised about it.

retwhite
- thin ice -

Post by retwhite » Fri May 11, 2012 1:44 pm

Thanks friend in need. So did you make any reference anywhere in the application about not knowing Grandparent details? Many thanks

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Fri May 11, 2012 1:46 pm

No, didnt mention grandparents in any way shape or form and nor were any questions raised about them

retwhite
- thin ice -

Post by retwhite » Fri May 11, 2012 2:14 pm

Thanks ever so much. I probably could get them, but I worry they will ask me questions abou tthem in the interview and I will never remember it!

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Fri May 11, 2012 2:39 pm

The passport application form is very deficient in this regard. Many years ago there were multiple forms, for use depending on the basis on which one was applying (birth, descent, naturalisation, birth in a colony...) – this of course made it easy if one knew to ask for the right form (no internet back then!) but impossible if one got the wrong form.

So the forms were stream-lined into one: a good idea, but no one seemed to think that it might be necessary to add helpful instructions about which parts of the form needed to be filled in by which people!