ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kasif
Newly Registered

Update

Post by kasif » Fri May 11, 2012 1:29 pm

I called today and lucky after 6-7 tries I get hold of a lovely lady who sadly said my application is still in the queue of security checks.

Not really sure what is meant by that but it is very frustrating that you won't get any proper update.

I applied on 20th Feb. I really wish they can process the application by date instead of pick and choose.

burtsbee
- thin ice -

Post by burtsbee » Fri May 11, 2012 1:35 pm

I really cannot imagine how they work, so it's security checks first and then case worker? So who does the checks then? Just seems back to front. :roll:

kasif
Newly Registered

Post by kasif » Fri May 11, 2012 1:39 pm

No Idea who does what in Home Office.

It's a mystery which is very difficult to reveal.

We can only wait and pray that they can clear the back log and we will receive our approvals.

iereboy
Mood:
Trinidad & Tobago

January Club

Post by iereboy » Fri May 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Now that the February club is sorted and I am a part of it.

Will start a January club for those members who applied in January as well.

To start the list off:

Elliass
Last edited by iereboy on Fri May 11, 2012 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

burtsbee
- thin ice -

Post by burtsbee » Fri May 11, 2012 1:41 pm

Is there a December club? :P

grantring
- thin ice -

Post by grantring » Fri May 11, 2012 1:59 pm

burtsbee wrote:Is there a December club? :P
Wow so you do know where the correct thread is to write in is so stop being a a** hole and use this website as the rules state or are you not smart enough for that? :shock:

retwhite
- thin ice -

Post by retwhite » Fri May 11, 2012 2:43 pm

GRANTRING why are u so angry and so nasty. Suprised your wife didn't get her ILR on the basis of Domestic Violence with your awful disgusting attitude. You really are such a w**ker! and as for critising some ones writing whos first language is not English is really low. I've read back over some of your posts as as a British person you write poorer than some poeple on he who's first language isn't english!

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:19 pm

Have called to see when I will be getting back the documents. The lady on the phone said they still need my documents. Hoping it is with the caseworker and going to get the result very soon.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Fri May 11, 2012 3:21 pm

juliajules1979 wrote:Hiya

When I called HO a while ago I was asked if the country I came from had national service, when I said it did the call centre advisor said that that can add some time onto processing. No idea why???
Because then there is a higher chance that you were involved in some armed conflict/military activity [which would require further checks].

workingmama
- thin ice -

Post by workingmama » Fri May 11, 2012 3:25 pm

To start the list off:

Workingmama
Elliass
I am British born and bred so you can remove me from the Jan list as I am not waiting. My husband is waiting however and you already have his name in the list :D

workingmama
- thin ice -

Post by workingmama » Fri May 11, 2012 3:30 pm

Hiya

When I called HO a while ago I was asked if the country I came from had national service, when I said it did the call centre advisor said that that can add some time onto processing. No idea why???

I'm from Iran, any other Jan or feb club members from a similar nationality or part of the world?
My husband is Palestinian although was not born there or ever lived there. He was raised in the Khaleej where there has never been any issues. He applied in Jan

girlpower19818

Post by girlpower19818 » Fri May 11, 2012 8:48 pm

grantring wrote:
burtsbee wrote:Is there a December club? :P
Wow so you do know where the correct thread is to write in is so stop being a a** hole and use this website as the rules state or are you not smart enough for that? :shock:
Grantring, I think you can still express the same opinion in a polite manner please. We are here to support each other and we all make mistakes.

pittam
Newly Registered

received approval

Post by pittam » Sat May 12, 2012 7:46 am

every day looking for the post finally ended now. on the 11 may i was locked out myself and waiting in front of the house for locksmith. my baby was giving me trouble by being naughty, usually i wait for the post every day, but this day totally forgot, suddenly seen the post man beside me handing over the post that to 2 brown envelops,
i knew it as soon as i have seen i knew it they are from home office
opened straight away, yes iam right approval letters one is mine and one is my sons,
then nearly forgot the locksmith though, until i seem him

pittam
Newly Registered

Re: received approval

Post by pittam » Sat May 12, 2012 7:48 am

pittam wrote:every day looking for the post finally ended now. on the 11 may i was locked out myself and waiting in front of the house for locksmith. my baby was giving me trouble by being naughty, usually i wait for the post every day, but this day totally forgot, suddenly seen the post man beside me handing over the post that to 2 brown envelops,
opened straight away, yes iam right approval letters one is mine and one is my sons,
i was bit worried changing my address might delay the processing, but thank god, every gone smoothly,
thanks to everyone

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Sat May 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Take me off the february club, got the approval letter today. Thanks so much for all the help and advise, sorry to all those still waiting, hoping that you get it really soon.

Panesar

Post by Panesar » Sat May 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Congratulations juliajules1979! You must be so pleased!

Let's hope others from the Feb Club start getting approvals soon! :D

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Sat May 12, 2012 4:38 pm

Hiya

Thanks so much. I am so happy, think its the best weekend I've had in such a long time! Yes I hope so much that the others who are still waiting will get them all soon

kasif
Newly Registered

status

Post by kasif » Sat May 12, 2012 6:42 pm

Hi juliajules1979,

Congrats!!!!

I would like to know do you get your first passport and then your approval letter or you do get both of them together.

Did Home Office send the document with signed for delivery?

girlpower19818

Post by girlpower19818 » Sat May 12, 2012 8:33 pm

pittam wrote:every day looking for the post finally ended now. on the 11 may i was locked out myself and waiting in front of the house for locksmith. my baby was giving me trouble by being naughty, usually i wait for the post every day, but this day totally forgot, suddenly seen the post man beside me handing over the post that to 2 brown envelops,
Ha ha ha Pittam. You made me laugh and the locksmith must have thought you are crazy for a minute, things homeoffice put us through.

I am very very happy for you , and congra. Good luck with the rest of the process!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

girlpower19818

Post by girlpower19818 » Sat May 12, 2012 8:37 pm

juliajules1979 wrote:Take me off the february club, got the approval letter today. Thanks so much for all the help and advise, sorry to all those still waiting, hoping that you get it really soon.
Congra Juliajules1979 and good luck with the rest of the process. Please keep us updated. Take care.

pittam
Newly Registered

Post by pittam » Sat May 12, 2012 10:27 pm

girlpower19818 wrote:
Ha ha ha Pittam. You made me laugh and the locksmith must have thought you are crazy for a minute, things homeoffice put us through.

I am very very happy for you , and congra. Good luck with the rest of the process!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
thank you very much, girlpower

chipmunk1

Post by chipmunk1 » Sun May 13, 2012 4:32 am

juliajules1979 wrote:Take me off the february club, got the approval letter today. Thanks so much for all the help and advise, sorry to all those still waiting, hoping that you get it really soon.
Congratulations!!! Great news! :D

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Sun May 13, 2012 9:39 am

Thank you all for your comments.

Kasif I sent a letter with stamps on and a recorded delivery sticker so they could send it back to me. I received all my documents and the approval letter in the same envelope.

I just thought it was my documents being sent back, truly didnt think it would be approval letter in there aswel, just started reading and though wow!!!

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Sun May 13, 2012 9:50 am

Hi

Has anyone called the Citizenship ceremony office after recieving their approval letter but not the letter of invitation. If so what questions do the Citizenship office ask when booking appointment,

Many thanks

joh118

Post by joh118 » Sun May 13, 2012 9:58 am

3rd month since application anniversary this week!