ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Points for earning: Tier 1 general extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

applicant_mak
Newly Registered

Points for earning: Tier 1 general extension

Post by applicant_mak » Sat May 12, 2012 9:12 am

I work as a contractor through my own limited company. I take all my income as salary. Invoices are raised by myself and not accountant.

I have personal bank statements as one proof of salary.

Since salary slips are generated by myself, I am not sure if they would accept it. But luckily my 12 months of earning points are coinciding with the financial year so I can use P60 and I have been taking all my income as salary.

My limited company address and my personal address are same and hence would be same on the P60

I need advice if Personal Bank Statements and P60 be a combination that would be ok for the border agency.

PS: It would be also great if someone with similar situation can please let me know how he/she did it if it was successful

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Points for earning: Tier 1 general extension

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sat May 12, 2012 6:49 pm

applicant_mak wrote:I work as a contractor through my own limited company. I take all my income as salary. Invoices are raised by myself and not accountant.

I have personal bank statements as one proof of salary.

Since salary slips are generated by myself, I am not sure if they would accept it. But luckily my 12 months of earning points are coinciding with the financial year so I can use P60 and I have been taking all my income as salary.

My limited company address and my personal address are same and hence would be same on the P60

I need advice if Personal Bank Statements and P60 be a combination that would be ok for the border agency.

PS: It would be also great if someone with similar situation can please let me know how he/she did it if it was successful
what was salry amount ? if lessthan £500 / month u will be ok

if it is more than have u paid PAYE , WITHOUT paying PAYE and genrating payslips amount to fraud .

if all legal apyments r done than u can ask HMRC TO PROVIDE U a yr earning history , that will be ok for yr visa purpose

but no paye paid & pay slips r generated amount to genrating fraud documts.

applicant_mak
Newly Registered

Post by applicant_mak » Sat May 12, 2012 9:13 pm

Thanks for your reply Sushil,

It is significantly more than 500 pounds per month and It is all proper, legal and ethically done. My limited company is registered for PAYE and have paid the full PAYE on all the salary I have taken and have proper reciepts.

This is a great suggestion to ask HMRC for earnings history. Can you please guide me to a website or a phone number on the HMRC website that explains how to get it, whom to contact etc?

Thanks again

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sat May 12, 2012 9:38 pm

applicant_mak
Newly Registered

Post by applicant_mak » Sat May 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Hello Sushil

I recieved the Employment summary- it has Gross Pay and Tax but no National Insurance. In my Bank statement the amount is finally without national insurance also so they dont match. I asked the national insurance office to give me a statement for employee national insurance only so I can explain the difference. But they say it will take 4 weeks to come.

I sent them (national insurance office) a letter asking for statement through special delivery and enclosed a self adressed special delivery envelope inside to make it quick but they say the processing time is 4 weeks so it wont be quick. My visa application date is coming soon, if I extend it I wont be able to claim enough earnings since tax year will fall outside the 15 months period and I have no other documents to show..

I am getting very nervous...Do you have some suggestion here? what can I do about this difference? Will the border agency accept the difference due to national insurance contributions?

help_me_please
Newly Registered

Post by help_me_please » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:13 pm

ditto same problem for me...