ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

workingmama
- thin ice -

Post by workingmama » Sun May 13, 2012 10:15 am

3rd month since application anniversary this week!
My husbands 4th month this week too.
Hope you hear soon.

elliass
BANNED

Post by elliass » Sun May 13, 2012 1:53 pm

juliajules1979 wrote:Thank you all for your comments.

Kasif I sent a letter with stamps on and a recorded delivery sticker so they could send it back to me. I received all my documents and the approval letter in the same envelope.

I just thought it was my documents being sent back, truly didnt think it would be approval letter in there aswel, just started reading and though wow!!!
Congratulations Juliajules! and goodluck with the last stage of BC journey. :)

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Sun May 13, 2012 6:22 pm

thank you elliass, really hope yours is on its way soon

kasif
Newly Registered

Post by kasif » Mon May 14, 2012 8:18 am

Thank you all for your comments.

Kasif I sent a letter with stamps on and a recorded delivery sticker so they could send it back to me. I received all my documents and the approval letter in the same envelope.

I just thought it was my documents being sent back, truly didnt think it would be approval letter in there aswel, just started reading and though wow!!!

Thank you so much for sharing your information with us.

All the best for your British Passport.

grantring
- thin ice -

Post by grantring » Mon May 14, 2012 8:26 am

girlpower19818 wrote:
grantring wrote:
burtsbee wrote:Is there a December club? :P
Wow so you do know where the correct thread is to write in is so stop being a a** hole and use this website as the rules state or are you not smart enough for that? :shock:
Grantring, I think you can still express the same opinion in a polite manner please. We are here to support each other and we all make mistakes.
That is very true but with people like that they never listen to polite as you can see :roll: always a very different story if you met them in person they like to hide behind there computers

grantring
- thin ice -

Post by grantring » Mon May 14, 2012 8:33 am

retwhite wrote:GRANTRING why are u so angry and so nasty. Suprised your wife didn't get her ILR on the basis of Domestic Violence with your awful disgusting attitude. You really are such a w**ker! and as for critising some ones writing whos first language is not English is really low. I've read back over some of your posts as as a British person you write poorer than some poeple on he who's first language isn't english!
Well its clear they cant read the simple rules of the time line thread as you cant.
all of the members posting not time line post in the time line thread have no respect and a bad attitude to every other member on here so grow up and use the threads as the rules state or do you need it spelt out for you in crayon? :roll:

AlexS

Post by AlexS » Mon May 14, 2012 9:24 am

juliajules1979 wrote:Hi

Has anyone called the Citizenship ceremony office after recieving their approval letter but not the letter of invitation. If so what questions do the Citizenship office ask when booking appointment,

Many thanks
Well, from other posts here, I thought it was possible to book the ceremony before receiving the invitation letter. So I went ahead and called the council, but the lady asked for a number starting with 8, that it's only printed in the invitation letter. So I couldn't book it. Maybe it's not the same for all councils, but it's this way in Southwark.
My approval letter was dated 02/05, so far I haven't received an invitation letter. Maybe it's coming today.
-----
Alex

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Mon May 14, 2012 9:33 am

I called the council today also and they had no record of me, they also asked for the reference number. Hope it comes soon want to book appointment asap.

iereboy
Mood:
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by iereboy » Mon May 14, 2012 10:00 am

Congrats JuliaJules. You must be so pleased.

Last week was my 3rd month anniversary waiting.

Hopefully it will come soon.

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Mon May 14, 2012 10:01 am

iereboy
thank you for your message, I hope so much that you get it soon also

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Mon May 14, 2012 11:04 am

Hiya

Just wondering if anybody knows how long it takes for an invitation letter to come through after the approval letter is receieved.

Many thanks

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Mon May 14, 2012 12:13 pm

juliajules1979 wrote:Hiya

Just wondering if anybody knows how long it takes for an invitation letter to come through after the approval letter is receieved.

Many thanks
I would advise you to contact your local authority yourself rather than waiting for the letter to come through.

Pierrot95

Post by Pierrot95 » Mon May 14, 2012 1:43 pm

Maybe my question is already discussed here, in that case please accept my apologies.
I am wondering why people are so anxious about citizenship applications. This is not a life changing event after all. ILR is, but BC? It is a straightforward application, the rules are easy to understand, the only uncertainty is about the time it takes. But we know for sure that when we meet the criteria we will get it even if it takes a year. My main reason for applying now is that I don't want to pay more if I wait. If I was sure the fee increase will be less than the inflation rate, I wouldn't bother. I don't travel that much so BC would not change anything for me.
What about you?

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Mon May 14, 2012 2:06 pm

For me it is mainly about travel, and also about the voting process.

Pierrot95

Post by Pierrot95 » Mon May 14, 2012 2:11 pm

jms_uk wrote:For me it is mainly about travel, and also about the voting process.
Thanks. Voting is important to me as well.
Forgot to add that I was voting (as citizen of Commonwealth) even when I was on WP.

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Mon May 14, 2012 2:35 pm

For me also it is about travel, I'm fed up getting a schengen visa to travel with my partner every time we go away, also want to make sure I apply before and if any rules change in the future. I think most people just want a decision so they can get out of the immigration sytem once and for all!

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Mon May 14, 2012 2:37 pm

I would advise you to contact your local authority yourself rather than waiting for the letter to come through.[/quote]

Thanks cricinfo, I rang them today no record of me on system yet, will call again in a couple of days

Pierrot95

Post by Pierrot95 » Mon May 14, 2012 2:55 pm

juliajules1979 wrote:For me also it is about travel, I'm fed up getting a schengen visa to travel with my partner every time we go away, also want to make sure I apply before and if any rules change in the future. I think most people just want a decision so they can get out of the immigration sytem once and for all!
Re. rules change, my impression is that it is very unlikely that any change will affect those already on ILR. Have you seen any change in the last 10 years that has affected ILR holders? And even if there was a change, the government seem to know now what is non-retrospective effective of laws. Finally, any such change would prevent ILR holders from becoming citizens, not removing the "indefinite" from our ILR.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Mon May 14, 2012 3:15 pm

Pierrot95 wrote:Forgot to add that I was voting (as citizen of Commonwealth) even when I was on WP.
I am a non-EEA, non-Commonwealth citizen, so I had no say in any elections for the last 11.5 years, while being resident in this country.

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Mon May 14, 2012 3:22 pm

I agree that it is highly unlikely that such changes would affect ILR holders, but I feel safer knowing that I am a British Citizen.

workingmama
- thin ice -

Post by workingmama » Mon May 14, 2012 3:45 pm

Maybe my question is already discussed here, in that case please accept my apologies.
I am wondering why people are so anxious about citizenship applications. This is not a life changing event after all. ILR is, but BC? It is a straightforward application, the rules are easy to understand, the only uncertainty is about the time it takes. But we know for sure that when we meet the criteria we will get it even if it takes a year. My main reason for applying now is that I don't want to pay more if I wait. If I was sure the fee increase will be less than the inflation rate, I wouldn't bother. I don't travel that much so BC would not change anything for me.
What about you?
Im British but for me I am eager for my husband to get his citizenship for two reasons really. one being I have a very high needs child with complex issues and I can not travel alone with her and being Palestinian my husband does not have the freedom to travel to certain countries like I do so we are somewhat limited where we go visit especially in the Middle East.
Secondly once his UAE residence visa expires in 2 months he can no longer go back to visit his elderly parents and entire family as they no longer give visit visa's to Palestinians to enter UAE. If anything happened to his parents after July he would be unable to reach them which is a worry to him. (he was raised in UAE and his visa was not cancelled on humanitarian grounds when he left to study in UK, but it expires soon).

AlexS

Post by AlexS » Mon May 14, 2012 7:08 pm

juliajules1979 wrote:Hiya

Many thanks
Just got the invitation letter today, dated 3/5. So if my approval letter was dated 2/5, then it took 12 days to reach me.

I'll call the council tomorrow to book the ceremony.
-----
Alex

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Tue May 15, 2012 8:48 am

Thanks for letting us know Alexs. I'm stil waiting for mine :-(

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Tue May 15, 2012 8:57 am

Hiya

I am confused, as I called the passport office who said they want details of Grandparents, even if I didn't get my naturalisation through ancestry.

Anyone know of others who didn't include Grandparent details and were successful?

Many thanks

annpgeorge

March club?

Post by annpgeorge » Tue May 15, 2012 10:01 am

Is there a March 2012 club here?