ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Royalmail delay.please help....................

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

helloimran

Royalmail delay.please help....................

Post by helloimran » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:07 pm

Dear Respected Members,

I posted joint application for naturalization(£1294) last week on 04/04/2012 through royalmail recorded sign for delivery.

I checked through royalmail website.

Your item with rxxxxxxxxxx was delivered from our WARRINGTON Delivery Office on 10/04/12 .
Thank you for using this service.
The electronic Proof of Delivery may not be available for this item yet. Please allow up to 72 hours after delivery before checking

My concern is now incremental fee after 6th of April and my post was delivered after 6th of April.

What will happen now?
Should i contact to home office to pay partial of fee in excess of £1294.

Plesae please advice me.
Thanks
IMRAN

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Re: Royalmail delay.please help....................

Post by jms_uk » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:18 pm

helloimran wrote:Dear Respected Members,

I posted joint application for naturalization(£1294) last week on 04/04/2012 through royalmail recorded sign for delivery.
Too late now for you, but if you wanted to ensure next day [05/04] delivery you should've used Special Delivery, not Signed For.

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:51 pm

Under normal law in the UK and in particular relating to contracts it is the date of sending that is important and not the date of receipt however this can be over written by wordings in agreements, laws, contracts etc.

Have no idea how UKBA play the game, certainly their fees notice nor the parliamentary notes give any clues as to if the deadline applies to the date of sending, date of receipt, date of processing or anything in between.

helloimran

Post by helloimran » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:20 pm

friendinneed wrote:Under normal law in the UK and in particular relating to contracts it is the date of sending that is important and not the date of receipt however this can be over written by wordings in agreements, laws, contracts etc.

Have no idea how UKBA play the game, certainly their fees notice nor the parliamentary notes give any clues as to if the deadline applies to the date of sending, date of receipt, date of processing or anything in between.
I applied through solicitor based in holborn london and even paid them huge money (£1200) to covering their fee.
I really disappointed why they did not use special delivery service.
I have emailed them today for asking that,but not get reply yet.

Can you please advice me,should i call to UKBA and pay them extra money?

Thanks
IMRAN...

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:53 pm

friendinneed wrote:Under normal law in the UK and in particular relating to contracts it is the date of sending that is important and not the date of receipt however this can be over written by wordings in agreements, laws, contracts etc.

I think there is wording

...when received by the UKBA....

in reference to being present in UK 5 years prior to the application.

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:50 am

helloimran wrote: I applied through solicitor based in holborn london and even paid them huge money (£1200) to covering their fee.
I guess I'd first ask why you needed to use a solicitor given it is a fairly straightforward form with little scope to do anything other than answer the questions.

They should be able to confirm the answer to your question and given you're paying them £1,200 I'd certainly be expecting accurate and timely answers to these sorts of questions

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:27 am

I am not sure but i think if you use Royal Mail to send your application then they take the date of sending into account rather than date they receive them. I am reading a news from UKBA which may or may not be relevent in this case:

03 April 2012

On 6 April 2012 the Tier 1 (Post-study work) route will close. If you wish to apply for permission to stay in the UK under Tier 1 (Post-study work), your application must be submitted by 5 April 2012.

Applications can be submitted by standard post, or by courier. If you post your application, the post mark must clearly show the application was submitted on or before 5 April 2012.

If you send your application by courier, it must be received at our address shown on the application form by 17:00 on 5 April 2012.

Like i said it may not be relevent in this case so I think you can contact UKBA to find out more

helloimran

Post by helloimran » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:40 am

friendinneed wrote:
helloimran wrote: I applied through solicitor based in holborn london and even paid them huge money (£1200) to covering their fee.
I guess I'd first ask why you needed to use a solicitor given it is a fairly straightforward form with little scope to do anything other than answer the questions.

They should be able to confirm the answer to your question and given you're paying them £1,200 I'd certainly be expecting accurate and timely answers to these sorts of questions
I used solicitor services only for my wife application and they assured me that my wife application can be dealt with mine (joint application), even though she has been here only for four years,they draft a comprehensive letter to UKBA stating that my application should be dealt first then follow her application.
Otherwise i will have to apply her application after my approval.
It is cost effective as well.
I paid £1294 fees for Joint application.

Not single (£836@2)= £1672.

Thanks...

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:19 am

How is it cost effective if you paid the solicitor £1200 for their services?

helloimran

Post by helloimran » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:47 pm

helloimran wrote:Dear Respected Members,

I checked through royalmail website.

Your item with rxxxxxxxxxx was delivered from our WARRINGTON Delivery Office on 10/04/12 .
Thank you for using this service.
The electronic Proof of Delivery may not be available for this item yet. Please allow up to 72 hours after delivery before checking

My concern is now incremental fee after 6th of April and my post was delivered after 6th of April.

What will happen now?
Should i contact to home office to pay partial of fee in excess of £1294.

Plesae please advice me.
Thanks
IMRAN
They have debited £1294 from my card today.
Does it mean they have taken my application according the date of submission?

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:27 am

helloimran wrote:They have debited £1294 from my card today.
Does it mean they have taken my application according the date of submission?
If they have already debited the money then you should be fine and no need to contact HO. You should receive your acknowledgement in next few days i guess

ARPHskp

Post by ARPHskp » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:24 am

I am not the expert so please don't just take my advice.

I think you should wait for ackwoledgement letter as that should say paid £xxx (fees paid in full kind of words they mention as i remember from my memory)

helloimran

Post by helloimran » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:14 pm

Dear members,

My solicitors called me today they received a letter from UKBA asking additional £23 for my joint application (£1294+£23) and he posted the £23 payment page today to UKBA.

UKBA deducted first £1294 in three weeks time from the date of receipt application.
Now will they deduct £23 again in three weeks time?

Thanks
IMRAN...

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:57 am

helloimran wrote:Dear members,

My solicitors called me today they received a letter from UKBA asking additional £23 for my joint application (£1294+£23) and he posted the £23 payment page today to UKBA.

UKBA deducted first £1294 in three weeks time from the date of receipt application.
Now will they deduct £23 again in three weeks time?

Thanks
IMRAN...
TBH i still couldn't understand why you went through Solicitor and paid him/her hefty fee for nothing. Your solicitor should have known the exact fee to be paid in advance....

dikushah82
Newly Registered

Post by dikushah82 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:54 am

Hi Imaran,

What is the outcome? Have you received approval for both of you?

Also, any chance you can share the letter template with us? I'm in a exact situation as yours.

Thanks & Regards,
Manan

helloimran

Post by helloimran » Mon May 14, 2012 11:05 pm

dikushah82 wrote:Hi Imaran,

What is the outcome? Have you received approval for both of you?

Also, any chance you can share the letter template with us? I'm in a exact situation as yours.

Thanks & Regards,
Manan
They eventually taken the full payment now which is £1317.
They got our application after 6th of april and i had to pay an extra £23 for joint naturalisation application.

I called them today and they confirmed with me,the full fee has taken,and the fee account has closed now.
And they confirmed that the application is going to consideration department.

Hopefully they will be dealing our joint application.
Finger Cross.