ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

From Canada to Portugal

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

project313
Newly Registered

From Canada to Portugal

Post by project313 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:02 pm

Hi everyone, I really really hope someone can give me some advice.

My fiancé is a Canadian citizen. Her parents are Portugeuse and recently moved back to Portugal.

So she moved to Portugal and applied for her citizenship, which we imagined wouldnt be a big problem as her younger brother did the same thing a few months before her and his ID card arrived within 3 months.

She intends to come and live with me in the UK when she gets her EU ID card.

She has been waiting now for around 8 months for the card, the consulate told us it should take 2-3 months.

Anyone have any idea's what could be causing such a delay ?

She was declared bankrupt in Canada, would this cause issues ?

Its a total nightmare as we cannot get any information at all from the portugeuse government, all we are told is it should take 3 months, when I try to explain its already been 8 months they just dont seem to understand.

Its causing us massive problems, and putting a huge strain on our relationship. If we had a definite date at least we could make plans but as it is we dont have a clue whats happening.

Can anyone enligten me at all about the process ?

Thanks in advance :)