ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

latinointheuk
Ecuador

Citizenship

Post by latinointheuk » Tue May 15, 2012 7:07 pm

Hi
Tomorrow will be one year since I got my ILR on the 14 years law, I want to apply the citizenship through NSC but I don't have my first passport with the date I entered to the uk, I know the date! My first passport home office never gave me back!

Anyone applied citizenship with the ILR under the 14 years unlawful stay

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue May 15, 2012 8:01 pm

You don't need your first entry passport when applying for naturalisation. However, I don't think you can apply until 5 years after your ILR as one of the requirements is "not been in breach of the Immigration Rules at any stage during the five-year period".

avtarjain1980

hi jumbo

Post by avtarjain1980 » Wed May 16, 2012 3:55 pm

Jambo wrote:You don't need your first entry passport when applying for naturalisation. However, I don't think you can apply until 5 years after your ILR as one of the requirements is "not been in breach of the Immigration Rules at any stage during the five-year period".
Hi jumbo,

as you said -
I don't think you can apply until 5 years after your ILR
Is this something applicable only to peron with ILR on the 14 years law.

Because I am sure if one gets ILR on 5 year continuous residency (i.e. Settlement) then we can avail british passport after one more year in UK (as most of my friends did this year).
cheers
AVTAR

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed May 16, 2012 4:10 pm

This is more applicable to ILR under the 14 years unlawful stay.

The rule I referred to is 5 years of lawful stay. If you meet this rule (because your stay was legal), then you can apply if you meet the other requirements as well.

Only BC can apply for a British passport. If eligible, you can apply for naturalisation. If granted, you can apply for a passport (if you wish).