ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Query for 30 days (application inside UK)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

dhoom_dhoom
Newly Registered

Visa Query for 30 days (application inside UK)

Post by dhoom_dhoom » Wed May 16, 2012 10:59 pm

Dear Sir/ Madam

My visa is finishing on 30 June 2012.
I completed my PGD level 7 in Hospitality And Tourism management (CTH).and I want to take admission to MSc Top up Hospitality and Tourism management 6 month's course in London South Bank University. The university has promised me to issue a CAS on 11 June 2012. The start date of Course on CAS will be 11 Sep 2012.

The UKBA rule states that a gap of 1 month is allowed to make an application inside UK and I have a gap of 60 days, but It also states that if the person makes an application before Visa expiry (30 June 2012 ) then the application can be successful.

Kindly let me know, the best possible solution. Please please help !!!!
Should I make application for this course or move back to home.

The rules is below:
Tier 4 Policy Guidance version 04/2012 page 16 of 73

Students applying from inside the UK

90.If a student is already in the UK and his/her existing permission to stay runs out more than one month before the start-date of his/her proposed next course of study, he/she will be expected to return overseas and apply from outside the UK. If the applicant applies from inside the UK, his/her application will be refused. A month will be considered a calendar
month (for example, if an applicant’s leave expires on 14 January his/her new course must start no later than 13 February).

91. We suggest that if a student’s course has ended and he/she is applying from inside the UK to extend his/her stay, he/she should apply in the last three months of his/her permission to stay if possible. This is because as soon as we give permission to stay (if the application is approved), the student’s new Tier 4 sponsor becomes responsible for them.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed May 16, 2012 11:12 pm

As it clearly states in the policy guidance you have quoted and in the rules, your application will be refused if there is gap of more than one month between the expiry of your leave and the start of the course.

You need to apply from outside the UK.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu May 17, 2012 12:11 pm

rather than sending a PM it would be better if you posted your query on the board.

para 91 does not help you. Just because they suggest that an application should be made within 3 months of the leave expiring, doesn't negate the previous paragraph just like para 91 doesn't mean you can apply 3 months before even if you don't meet the maintenance requirement!

If there is more than a month's gap, your application will be refused.